Chaos codex release date 8/5/17

As a sisters player your options and army are fundamentally different.  You have fewer units without access to rapid fire weapons at all, and those of your units that come with them generally /only/ come with them.  A bonus that applies only to bolters, for a sisters player, would not have as needlessly narrowing an affect on what units you take or how you use them.

Though it would still be narrowing - with your jump ladies and chainblade ladies not benefitting, so it still would be an inappropriate subfaction rule for a hypothetical sisters subfaction with the kind of emphasis on variety as the Black Legion has within its own faction.

Edited by malisteen

Warhammer twitch will be shown a game (6pm??) with the new codex Chaos, with the Black Legion, against Grey Knight

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

You can also find the army list been use for the game here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/warhammer-live-lists-for-4th-august/

Yeah subscribing costs only $5 per month.

Also currently it's still the SW characters vs Tyranid monsters match so you might still be able to catch most of the GK vs BL match. ;)

yeah, the little data-readout pictures for the legions that have been used with their preview articles have been great.

I know I've been endlessly pessimistic about the black legion trait, but I do want to emphasize that I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing out of the new codex overall, much happier with the general change of attitude towards chaos that we've seen from GW basically since Traitor's Hate, I like how much preview information we're being given, I like more of the changes to units in 8e so far than I dislike, and am mostly just a very happy camper, even if I think they dropped the ball hard on that one particular bit of design.

Yeah subscribing costs only $5 per month.

Also currently it's still the SW characters vs Tyranid monsters match so you might still be able to catch most of the GK vs BL match. :wink:

Nah... I won't get home for another nine hours lol!

If the warhammer TV army lists are accurate, then it looks like the chaos player is getting some extra command points from somewhere, as they have 6 with just a single spearhead, which would normally give them only 4.  Maybe Abaddon grants extra command points, now?  Maybe the Black Legion warlord trait does?

Yeah so the trait is as expected, quite underwhelming. Treating say a normal bolter as an assault weapon just isn't that useful. +1LD is nice though I suppose.

Straregem seems alright. Lets you field more plasma squads outside the range of your lord with the rerolls aura so you can still overcharge your plasma gun and reroll 1s. Does seem like GW is trying to encourage people to take large normal csm squads as black legion but not sure that's really gonna work out. Glad abbadon feanta extra cp though he seems like an auto include now.

Yeah if only they gave him a model that made him an auto include as well. Having that ancient model front and centre as the leader of the Chaos range in 2017 is frankly embarassing, as good as it was back in the day

It'll come, in the meantime it's easy to convert one from the Lord kit, though I know what you mean.

And the immunity to morale - I drop him near two Terminator squads; it's great as I cackle my way through the following morale phase after dropping a boat load of corpse worshippers the turn previous. Edited by Midnight Runner

Warhammer twitch will be shown a game (6pm??) with the new codex Chaos, with the Black Legion, against Grey Knight

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

You can also find the army list been use for the game here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/warhammer-live-lists-for-4th-august/

Look at the Defiler points cost! Look at it!!!! Wow! Thats a hefty decrease in points!

With equippment cost from Index, that is a hefty 67 point reduction in cost!

Double edit: the forgefiend is 16 points cheaper, but that damn defiler!

Edited by Iron Sage

Black Legion seem to suck. Abaddon is the only thing they seem to have going for them.

I suppose the unrevealed relic might be awesome. Maybe?

The +1 leadership will come up and the warlord trait will be okay against the Imperium but I don't know when tournaments will be forcing you to pick warlord traits.

Funny how the only actually synergistic Black Legion unit are bikers of all things.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Black Legion seem to suck. Abaddon is the only thing they seem to have going for them.

I suppose the unrevealed relic might be awesome. Maybe?

The +1 leadership will come up and the warlord trait will be okay against the Imperium but I don't know when tournaments will be forcing you to pick warlord traits.

Funny how the only actually synergistic Black Legion unit are bikers of all things.

Abbadon is amazing though, and the stratagem is good.

Won't There be renegade chapter tactics as well? Maybe you can use them instead of BL tactics. Gaining assault weapons suck, BIT you can field the best units of every Legion in one arme and can still make small Legion armies in one big.

For now, WE are propably the strongest Chaos arme out There simple due to zerkers..