The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

I guess I'd probably go for Redemptionists, but only if the new edition of the rules maintains a good chunk of the complexity of the old one, which I doubt it will, honestly. Redemptionists would make some neat Ministorum Priest models anyway, so maybe either way :P

Did someone mention Pit Slaves yesterday?

*Raises hand sheepishly*

Those are some top-notch conversions. What were they built from? Apart from the vaguely Dark Eldar arm in the first pic and the Skitarii Vanguard helm in the second I can't figure out where the parts came from. Either way, they are ace. :)

No idea mate. Found them doing a random google search. The painting style reminds me of a few peoples work over on the ammobunker forums, ill have a look to see if i can find out whos they are and see what bits they used

Oddly enough, my Raven Guard successors recruit from a post-apoc world and most of their recruits are gangers...soooo those Goliaths might have to be made into scouts :D They're bulky enough to be on the road to having space-marine muscles and the look the part too.

Hey peeps! Mine's a Sump Gin & Tonic! So here is my first wip Escher I'm working on. My gangs name is Jem and the Holo-Damned. They are ex precious stone miners, and love shiny things :) Still a long way off finished, but I thought I'd give you Scummer's a lil taster :wink:

Wip

Escher_BS_Mobile.jpg

WIP Leader

20170818_123433_Mobile.jpg

this is such a great release!  trying to temper my excitement with the rules changes.

All for alternate activation and RT stats but not too sure about how the other 8th ed rules.

I'm guessing they are taking a lot of input from Blanch on this one as he is an avid  Inq28 / Inquisimunda player.   

I would assume Van Saars wouldn't be too far off of the preview list - what with GSC using a similar style of suit, the CAD designs presumably would have had a head start, no?

Did someone mention Pit Slaves yesterday?

*Raises hand sheepishly*

Those are some top-notch conversions. What were they built from? Apart from the vaguely Dark Eldar arm in the first pic and the Skitarii Vanguard helm in the second I can't figure out where the parts came from. Either way, they are ace. :smile.:

No idea mate. Found them doing a random google search. The painting style reminds me of a few peoples work over on the ammobunker forums, ill have a look to see if i can find out whos they are and see what bits they used

The top image is based on a Khorne Slaughter Priest, I don't know by who. The bottom image is the work of Bruticus from the Ex Profundis site, you can check out the whole gang (which is awesome) over there.

Does anybody think there will be Genestealer Cult gangs? I seem to remember hearing about some fluff about a lost hive being overrun by 'stealers or is that just wishful thinking. I hope Cult gangs will be a thing as that will significantly reduce the amount of money I would have to spend to get involved, as I already have a box of neophyte's, purestrains and a magus!

Edited by choppyred

Hive Secondus had a suspected Genestealer issue and the Governors nuked it but failed to destroy it so there is a massive defensive line around that Hive. Was mentioned somewhere in the News thread :)

When we played Necromunda in the '90s, I played Goliaths and loved it.  When SW:A came out, I was getting nostalgic (still have all my original Necromunda rulebooks) but I wanted to try out the Van Saars (I like the skill tables and gear and the stillsuit look).

Now that I've seen the new Goliath previews and how they're using repurposed industrial equipment as weapons, it looks like I'll be playing Goliath again!

Anybody got any cool gang themes they were thinking of trying??

I was considering a Dia de los Muertos Goliath gang, blend the creepy in big time with the brawn and see what comes of it. Though that could be kind of interesting on a Van Saar gang too...

Hey peeps! Mine's a Sump Gin & Tonic! So here is my first wip Escher I'm working on. My gangs name is Jem and the Holo-Damned. They are ex precious stone miners, and love shiny things :)

Jem and the Holo-Damned :lol:

Thats truly outrageous.

I hope youve seen the cartoon or that comment might sound rude.

Paintwork looks good on that Ganger, one of my fave Escher minis that is.

Edited by Slave to Darkness