The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

Bolter is pretty similar yeah but the Heavy Stubber has fair bit more range and -1 AP to drop saves. It also looks pretty badass, give your leader a Heavy Stubber and a power sword and you get RAMBO! Oh my I have a slaughter priest and a heavy stubber in my bits box :whistling:

Bolter is pretty similar yeah but the Heavy Stubber has fair bit more range and -1 AP to drop saves. It also looks pretty badass, give your leader a Heavy Stubber and a power sword and you get RAMBO! Oh my I have a slaughter priest and a heavy stubber in my bits box :whistling:

You gonna make a mullet with green stuff?

So, between this, Gang War, enough bits to make 20-strong Goliath & Escher gang and still a lot left to kitbash my DE-not-Escher and Blood-Bowl-not-Arbites, do I have enough?

Somebody please tell me I have enough :P

nwaxUKA.jpg

c2dcPJW.jpg

I think I'll only be able to (just) afford a box of Escher for now. I had planned on doing a Jem and the Holograms themed gang, but I was beaten to it :lol: I then considered doing a gang based around some of the people in a Seventh Doctor story called "The Happiness Patrol", but they look too silly. A few members mentioned Dias de Los Muertos and I considered that, but I wanted something quite unique to the brilliant ideas so far...

Then, I had it:

hqdefault.jpg

:devil:

Alreasy had two games, one with escher and one with orlocks, both agaist goliath, and the games is awesome! I think I'm going to make an Orlock gang, mixing their old imagery with the new one that has been leaked, but right now what weapons do you like most in your gang? I've found the regular boltgun to be awesome, though a bit pricey at 55 points, and so far I like the autogun better over the lasgun, but haven't tested enough. Also I think grenade launchers are the only special weapons worth taking, maybe flamers too, as templates are simply devastating in zone mortalis but still pretty good in sector mechanicus as usually you take groups around your champions and leaders. Also, now that hand flamers are available to anyone, what's your thought on them, I haven't tried them out yet so are they worth it at 50 credits?

It's annoying how many pieces of art there are showing Eschers with Plasma Guns (one's named Miss Fire hehehe) but there's no option in Gang War to make plasma guns :( could use the armoury in the legacy download though.

I think Necromunda might be a good medium to push the Normcore 40k aesthetic someone had mentioned elsewhere as an alternative to the Blanchitsu trend common in Inq28. Could be a fun opportunity to do something a little different.

Can you explain what you mean by "Normcore 40k"? (I googled, but it wasn't particularly helpful.)

I think Necromunda might be a good medium to push the Normcore 40k aesthetic someone had mentioned elsewhere as an alternative to the Blanchitsu trend common in Inq28. Could be a fun opportunity to do something a little different.

Can you explain what you mean by "Normcore 40k"? (I googled, but it wasn't particularly helpful.)

I think he means "Normal Core" as in the accepted norm for a certain style i.e. john Blanche's Dirty Victorian style as seen in INQ28 as mentioned by Marshall Rohr

he's suggesting that Necromunda might be a nice launchpad for perhaps a different style of look (i'm kinda over the Dirty Blanchitsu style myself)

a cleaner but still rugged look might be a breath of fresh air :happy.: 

Mithril

p.s. @ RandomMarine -   that bulletstorm artwork is very cool, good find :thumbsup:

med_gallery_75911_12239_803253.png

Nice find mate, those actually look really nice I think they have done a great job of updating the Orloks there and I will be keen to get my hands on those.

They do look a bit sexy dont they. Cant wait to get my hands on them.

Well, that’s kind of what I’m hoping to start! Credit for the idea goes to Xisor, though. Blanchitsu is very much grounded in a surrealist style that is hard to replicate for many modelers without significant skill with green stuff and access to lots of bitz across multiple ranges and third parties. This would be more grounded in the possible. It doesn’t get rid of the religiousosity or steampunk aesthetic of the culture any more than you can disentangle the classical aesthetic from Greek and Roman cultures, but something like a feather adorning a hat wouldn’t be six feet long and a foot wide. The example of Karl Kopinski’s art was a good one. He’s my go to for realistic 40k styles.

Edit: It would be the ‘low fantasy’ version of sci-fi.

Edited by Marshal Rohr