Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

He looks really great. I second Hushrong's idea of a little hololithic figure on his arm. If not, maybe he could be studying some xenos or primaris gear.

Thanks man! I think the holo/figure might be a bit above my skill level, but some xenos artifact might be more suitable. I'll figure it out and place an order somewhere, just need to find a bits-site with havoc bodies in stock:)

One perk of working at home: painting during boring meetings!

gallery_73760_13626_169358.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_234298.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_234147.jpg

The bone ridge on his chest is bugging me a bit, i'd like to blend it into the armor a bit more. I'm thinking och giving it a red wash to tie it in a bit, what do you guys think? Or will that just make it pink?=) Maybe a really dark red?

And now i spot alot of details that i've missed of course. Well, WIP and all...

And wow, 500 posts! Thanks for looking everyone:)

Edited by ElDuderino

Just to backtrack to the hololith I am trying to remember who used an epic scale marine and painted it osl to make it look like a hologram of a commander giving order. So if you got one of those teeny tiny marines, BOOM! Artifacts though would be cool too. I had been thinking of taking a piece of sprue and trimming it down into a prism, like that one artifact Dark Eldar Archons hold. I mostly want to do this as my main opponent is DE.

Paintjob is also looking good. I am wondering if painting the ribcage metallic would do the trick.

Yeah I quite like where that guy is headed, but I have unfortunately copied Kraut yet again.

The first rule of the B&C: we do not talk about copying Kraut. 

Hidden Content

because we all do shhhhhh

Aw, you guys are adorable -- like the male, middle-aged groupies I never knew I wanted ;)

But seriously, it's always great to see more zerkers from you -- rest easy in the knowledge that I have stolen more than one idea from you when it came to building my recent World Eaters.

As for the painted Lord, whom I still cannot help but see as a great Argel Tal conversion, although he also really resembles Adrian Smith's illustration of Urkrathos/Urkanthos (whatever that guy's name really ended up as...), I think you are doing a great job on him -- I wouldn't worry about blending that bony ridge into red, it actually looks great as is, serving as a bit of a focal point for the model's torso. If I do have one piece of criticism, it's that details of his facemask kinda blend together into a bit of an indistinct whole, so I think I would give that area a bit more attention. Plus I have found (after years of experimentation) that light blue makes for cooler eye lenses than green -- but that's certainly a matter of personal preference.

Keep up the amazing work! :)

One perk of working at home: painting during boring meetings!

I know right!

Figure's looking good. Is the spear head scratch build?

Thanks man! Not really, it's a custodes spear with the wings filed down, and some random spike at the back.

Very nice kitbash.

Thank you:)

Just to backtrack to the hololith I am trying to remember who used an epic scale marine and painted it osl to make it look like a hologram of a commander giving order. So if you got one of those teeny tiny marines, BOOM! Artifacts though would be cool too. I had been thinking of taking a piece of sprue and trimming it down into a prism, like that one artifact Dark Eldar Archons hold. I mostly want to do this as my main opponent is DE.

Paintjob is also looking good. I am wondering if painting the ribcage metallic would do the trick.

The idea with the epic marine is pretty sweet yeah, I don't know where I'd find one of those though. My main gripe with that idea is the painting, i don't think i can pull it off atm. I think it needs some OSL to work, way above my pay grade:) I'm waiting for some bits to arrive before i continue with that guy, so still time to decide.

Great looking bad dude, love the pose.

My suggestion regarding the bone ridge on the chest is to paint the ribs on the sides bone aswell maybe slowly fading in to the red armor. That would tie in better with the boneridge and the horns.

Thanks for the idea, I'll revisit this guy eventually, and that is something i'd like to try! I just need to practice blending.

Yeah I quite like where that guy is headed, but I have unfortunately copied Kraut yet again.

The first rule of the B&C: we do not talk about copying Kraut.

Hidden Content

because we all do shhhhhh

Aw, you guys are adorable -- like the male, middle-aged groupies I never knew I wanted :wink:

But seriously, it's always great to see more zerkers from you -- rest easy in the knowledge that I have stolen more than one idea from you when it came to building my recent World Eaters.

As for the painted Lord, whom I still cannot help but see as a great Argel Tal conversion, although he also really resembles Adrian Smith's illustration of Urkrathos/Urkanthos (whatever that guy's name really ended up as...), I think you are doing a great job on him -- I wouldn't worry about blending that bony ridge into red, it actually looks great as is, serving as a bit of a focal point for the model's torso. If I do have one piece of criticism, it's that details of his facemask kinda blend together into a bit of an indistinct whole, so I think I would give that area a bit more attention. Plus I have found (after years of experimentation) that light blue makes for cooler eye lenses than green -- but that's certainly a matter of personal preference.

Keep up the amazing work! :smile.:

Thanks Kraut! I thin i'll try to add some small amount of bone to the ribs, might look sweet. About the face, i totally agree about the lack of definition. The face is pretty lacking in detail, which is wierd since it's from DV. I'll give it another go, some more distinct highlights would probably help. As for lenses, the blue looks great but I'll go with green, bit of a callback to 2nd edition. I try to keep myself from painting cables green though:)

Dam this guy looks epic Eld!! what you guna call him?

Glad to hear! I don't know really, I suck at coming up with names. I have a vague idea about lore for these guys, but nothing as detailed as names (the bar is set low:D)

I actually enjoy painting for once, so I started the next guy to get some pratice before revisiting not-urkrathos:

gallery_73760_13626_14130.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with him so far. The black needs highlights, the eye of horus might get a splash of color (although it seems a bit ill suited on a WE) the brass might need some more highlights too, pretty much done otherwise:)

Edited by ElDuderino

I'm pretty pleased with him so far. The black needs highlights, the eye of horus might get a splash of color (although it seems a bit ill suited on a WE) the brass might need some more highlights too, pretty much done otherwise:)

This guy looks great! The new CSM set works really well with Khorne bits.

Glad you like it! The shaft and hand is from the fantasy manticore-lord, the axe head is from the AoS wrathmongers with the edge replaced with teeth from a chainsword. I cut it along the 'blade' to make some trim, saves gs-time.

Hidden Content

gallery_73760_13626_6871.jpg

This. This is BRILLIANT!!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!

Ahem.

The berzerker looks fricking awesome too.

But damn. That chainaxe life hack is everything.

Looking mighty fine! Makes me think of the artwork from the older codices. Definitely a fan!

Thanks man!

Thanks. That's a pretty neat and fairly efficient way to put together some chainaxes. Zinge Industries had some flexible resin chainteeth which would save a bit of time and the sword but it's currently out of stock. :sad.:

I took a look and they seem to have a lot of cool stuff, all of those flexible resin kits look highly usable, if a bit pricy. Thanks for the tip:)

This guy looks great! The new CSM set works really well with Khorne bits.

Thanks! We're pretty spoiled with khornate bits:) People always complain about the berzerker kit, but there are sooo many possibilities for kit bashing. Not that i'd say no to updated berzerkers of course, but i'd rather have noise marines TBH:)

Glad you like it! The shaft and hand is from the fantasy manticore-lord, the axe head is from the AoS wrathmongers with the edge replaced with teeth from a chainsword. I cut it along the 'blade' to make some trim, saves gs-time.

Hidden Content

gallery_73760_13626_6871.jpg

This. This is BRILLIANT!!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!

Ahem.

The berzerker looks fricking awesome too.

But damn. That chainaxe life hack is everything.

Hehe, i thought that was invented already:) Unfortunately this works best with this pericular style of chainsword, I've tried with other ones but the top chain tooth does a lot to suggest that the chain runs back through the blade. Anyways, you'd better get working on those new World Eaters now;)

And so, 21 pages and a couple of years later, i present my first finished minis!

gallery_73760_13626_10808.jpg

Time to pop the moet!

But... There's still the matter of their blank shoulder pads. I have a bunch of old transfers, but the old transfers look goofy IMO. I was thinking either FW WE transfers or some 3D-printed symbols from shapeways. I'm leaning towards the transfers, as that'd result in me finally getting my hands on the FW berserker conversion kit:)

And finally, what should i paint next? I'm thinking either the remaining terminators or the juggers:

gallery_73760_13626_84069.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_118726.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_109493.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_139437.jpg

They look awesome! I think the FW transfers would be perfect and getting the conversion bits is a nice plus!

And normally I would vote terminators over anything. One of my favorite units out there. But dang do your juggers look sweet and bother would be awesome with paint. Maybe alternate a guy from each unit ;)

Thanks man, I really appreciate it:) to be fair, I just followed Duncan:D

For the juggernauts I want to paint them black, hopefully they'll turn up like this:

99129915025_DaemonsofKhorneSkullCannon01

Any tips before I start? I find black quite challenging..

And this might take a while, I have about one hour every night for myself. I'm currently using that hour to watch westworld, make music, play disco elysium, fiddle with electronics and paint:D