++Knightfall 2017++

Firepower

Pledge progress:  Some weathering and touch ups left on the LRC.  Not sure how I wanna do the High Marshal's banner ... also wanna try adding a cross or something on his cape.  Maybe some trim work on the inside of the cape also.  Considering the cross fade technique for the sword of the high marshal, I don't have any power weapons that have that effect right now so it would stand out.

mrASItN.jpg?1

Oh, I like the progress of your Marshal.  And Blackwood takes the prestige of being our first follow up vow.  Yes, things are progressing well.  Very well, indeed.

B)

Edited by Firepower

Ok, better late than never:

I, Marshal_von_Speer, hereby vow the aid of one Stormraven Gunship to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

imag1691.jpg

Vow Complete!

Vow Complete 2

I'm really pleased with how the Razorback turned out, (less pleased with how rubbish it makes my other tanks look though...)

The marines are ok, I don't think I'll repeat the white weapons experiment in a hurry.

Guess you'll just have to go pretty up your other tanks to keep things uniform. ;)

Well done. Care to submit another vow to the cause? Can't just let Blackwood have all the glory now can we? :teehee:

Edited by Firepower

That sounds reasonable enough.  Off the top of my head, I'd say any vow you can complete in under 10 hours of work is pushing things.  Even if you can only steal an hour or two of free time for yourself each week, this event goes on til Halloween.

Edited by Firepower

I actually bought it  hoping  to use it for some painting event Ive already been able to steal some time and get going with the yellows and the metalics , going to vow that and this squad of  5 reivers with the bolt pistols and knives 

The ones on the left 
tumblr_owb4kyON6c1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

Knightfall vow completed, for one Drop Pod and a minimum Crusader squad of five initiates.

gallery_23461_6457_496872.jpg

This drop pod is probably the worst model that I have completed for some time. The painting progressed in the end, but the build afterwards was a nightmare, as the alignment of the vanes kept twisting. Fortunately, I had magnetised the five ramps to the engine panels (see the red dots on the panels), enabling me to get the engine in place and fit the vanes, albeit poorly.

What I cannot recall is how I managed to get my previous drop pod building so much better! I am not in a rush to tackle another pod. :wallbash:

I, Brother Adelard, hereby vow the aid of a Land Raider Crusader and Chaplain to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I continue with the honoured mark of an initiate, and will emerge glorious by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

​Here are the offending items:

WP 20170917 20 46 50 Pro

This drop pod is probably the worst model that I have completed for some time. The painting progressed in the end, but the build afterwards was a nightmare, as the alignment of the vanes kept twisting.  Fortunately, I had magnetised the five ramps to the engine panels (see the red dots on the panels), enabling me to get the engine in place and fit the vanes, albeit poorly.

What I cannot recall is how I managed to get my previous drop pod building so much better!  I am not in a rush to tackle another pod. :wallbash:

Have you tried Fromthewarp's 3-piece method? It helped me assemble mine and get it apart for much easier painting before final gluing.

Edit: My vow is also progressing, though this Razorback interior and fiddly bits are driving me nuts right now.

Edited by Othniel's Blade

Brothers, I beg your time for you to share with me your wisdom. Can I amend my oath to make it more onerous?

Chaplains WIP

As you can see, from this WIP pic my Chaplain Xavier model arrived from the nice chap in Spain who sold it to me cheap. (No Salamanders' backpack you say? No worries!) Xavier originally had two close combat weapons, so as a Chaplain cannot have a Thunder Hammer and a Crozius I swapped the Crozius head to the Sigil arm and added a grav pistol, (held sideways as it looks cooler.) Having finished it tonight and prepped it with my jump pack Chaplain I wish to add it to my vow as it will be easier to paint two Chaplains together.

I think, considering his origins, I will call him Javier.