++Knightfall 2017++

Firepower

Pacific time right?

Sorry Adelard, I missed this.  I'm flexible enough to allow anyone to finish their Vows by midnight of their own time zone.  

Well done to the lot of you thus far, but there are still a lot of pending vows, and the clock is ticking ;)

Kisada, What you done is madness:). Great job those crosses are free hand?:smile.:

Nope those are decals.  Thanks for the compliment!

@Kisada,

That is a mightily impressive contribution to these vows.  The extra detailing on the LRC (inside and out) is superbly delivered. 

:jawdrop:

Thanks brother!

I don't like fiddling with the transfers on shoulderpads, tried it a few times, torn some, clipped some, didnt get them on flat due to the curved surface... I'd rather slave the same amount of time trying to freehand a proper cross. And putting transfers on the vehicles i fear wouldn't fit in with all those shaky, slightly off crosses on the shoulders of the infantry ;)

I don't like fiddling with the transfers on shoulderpads, tried it a few times, torn some, clipped some, didnt get them on flat due to the curved surface... I'd rather slave the same amount of time trying to freehand a proper cross. And putting transfers on the vehicles i fear wouldn't fit in with all those shaky, slightly off crosses on the shoulders of the infantry :wink:

I had this problem a lot with the GW transfers, they fall apart for a past time. However, since swapping over to Veni Vidi Vici, I haven't had a single issue with them falling apart, in fact, one the other day pretty much screwed itself into a ball and popped straight back to life in the water dish. A GW transfer would have disintegrated in that instance.

They also come in Red and White, which is really handy!

I had this problem a lot with the GW transfers, they fall apart for a past time. However, since swapping over to Veni Vidi Vici, I haven't had a single issue with them falling apart, in fact, one the other day pretty much screwed itself into a ball and popped straight back to life in the water dish. A GW transfer would have disintegrated in that instance.

They also come in Red and White, which is really handy!

Yes the older GW decals are not as good ... I'm using the old chapter ones and the AoBR ones and they are a bit trickier to work with than the FW ones.  I have the Black Templar and Imperial Fists FW decal sheets and they are much better.  Actually the Imperial Fists sheet is a step above the Black Templar sheet (which is older and now OOP).

The way I'm measuring "better" is easier to apply without silvering (in order to make the decal look painted on) and also easier to apply on curved surfaces.

The large cross on the back of my Helbrecht's cape is from the Imperial Fists sheet.  It was my first time applying such a large decal on such an uneven surface and I think it came out great with the use of micro sol and micro set.

sfbXpUw.jpg?1

I've never tried the Veni Vidi Vici ones.

1 Rhino Completed! I may go back at some point to clean up the edge lines... they don't look pretty up close. Now onto the Sword Brethren, I just finished magnetizing their back packs last night so I can begin the paint process this weekend.

Onward to GLORY!

Vow Complete

Land Raider Redeemer "Light of Dorn"

This Land Raider was completed at the Forgeworld designated 'X-Ray Frost 811/5' on Rimefel II during an active siege. The Templar were engaged in a defensive firefight to hold the manufactorum, awaiting reinforcement from the main bulk of the Crusade. As their position was about to be overrun, the Priesthood of Mars and Techmarine Alleus completed the initial Rites of Awakening on the mighty Redeemer. As dawn broke on the horizon, and the Redeemer rumbled forth to purge the Heretics assaulting the Garrison, Techmarine Alleus proclaimed 'Let the Light of Dawn burn away our for as the manifestation of His Unbridled Wrath'. Due to a minor variation of dialect the servitor Scribe recorded the vessels official designation as "Light of Dorn". The Black Templar, impressed with the fury contained within Redeemers Machine Spirit, found it worthy of bearing there Primarch Progenitors name.

O2yRnQt.jpg

Company Champion Nillian "The Red Skull"

Brother Nillian earned his nickname "The Red Skull" shortly after his ascension to Sword Brother. During a battle with a Renegade Guardsman Detachment led by a foul Sorcerer of the Black Legion, his helmet was so damaged it was discarded. As Nillian and his squad carved their way through what seemed to be an endless wave of traitors, the blood of his enemies (and several small wounds of his own) began to cake on his gaunt face. When Nillian retired from the field a Neophyte was overheard saying it looked as though his flesh was stripped away and he was naught but a Red Skull. Nillian rather enjoyed the nickname, and now adorns his armor with multiple Red Skull motifs. (the model has a skull on the knee pad, helmet, and backpack all painted red)

Pv3ZWcA.jpg

Edited by Cognative

A bit too close to the mark for comfort, but my vow is completed. The start of term in a new school with better student had me away from my brushes and with my nose buried in books. Thank Dorn for midterms.

http://reho.st/self/b690f347b437c95350bbda0bcd3b89dee8f6e99b.jpg

Those interested will note that I have switched the weaponry to anti-infantry on the raven. The shields are from Forge World, the swords from grey knight terminators, and the tabards from the BT upgrade kit, converted as per this tutorial.

I am happy to say that the 2nd part of my vow will be complete either tonight (US Central time) or VERY early tomorrow. This comes a few days ahead of my self-imposed time table, so I'm happy about that. I'll have pictures up as soon as the Centurions are based.

I, Ebon Hand, hereby vow the aid of aLand Raider Crusader, a Terminator squad and a Terminator Chaplain to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch! I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars. Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!