Firepower

Vow completed:

img-20171027-wa0010.jpg

img-20171027-wa0014.jpg

Sorry for being complete garbage when it comes to taking pictures :blush.:

I altered the original model a little bit:

- Extended loading bay (plasticard)

- Nose mounted Hurricane Stormbolter

- Armoured Cockpit (Plasticard and greenstuff bolts)

- Streamlined top engine (cutting, filing, plasticard)

- Alternative gun turret (and again: cutting, filing, plasticard)

- turret and wings are magnetised

Edited by Marshal_von_Speer

Very bold to vow with less than a week to go Ebon. However, only 1 unit can be pledged per transport, so you'll have to choose between the Chaplain and the Squad.

I work best under pressure.  I'll make it my Chaplain and the Land Raider then (I use them more often anyway).  It's probably for the best too, my wife is bound to want some of my time! Here is the first coat of priming done earlier, tomorrow shall be a storm of paint and zeal!

C27lMUn.jpg

Brothers. Tonight is the eve of the night of the witch. My goal is not yet complete, yet I vow this mighty Crusader will be completed by tomorrow!

WP 20171030 18 31 05 Pro

The Chaplain has been done for weeks now. I've been finishing the Land Raider off in small stages, the cupola guns, the sponsons, and the weapons are all complete. Tomorrow I finish off the Hull and the doors.

I'm quite behind myself.  I do my best work during crunch time, though :wink:

Great work from everyone thus far.  Some prime contenders for best in show already :thumbsup:

However, the ratio of complete vs incomplete Vows is rather disappointing thus far.  I have updated the status of the Vows on the front page.  Please make sure your vows are properly listed, in case I missed something.

Edited by Firepower

Vow Complete! 

Storm Raven and 5 crusaders complete. My heresy crusade grows haha. I was recently hospitalized so that's why my progress has been so late. It doesn't help that my medication causes my hands to shake. I had to drybrush most of the detail. However, once my health is back on track, I plan to do touch up's.

I followed a blue black style recipe. Hope you guys like em!

http://i.imgur.com/UHsJ8KF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/T6FxfcS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S6jFflS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uEkBimr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B3PMAaZ.jpg 

Vow complete. I'm humbled and inspired by the amazing skill shown by everyone here.
That being said, my vow, a Crusader Squad and Lascannon Razorback:

On the night of the witch, the Templars are already purging warp entities seeking to creep into humanity's domain. I should  note that the scenery was painted by Minimoped (Facebook).

OHvwRuh.jpg

My first painted vehicle; tried some new stuff included some edge highlighting with greys to gently break up the black. Razorback bears the Crusade heraldry on one exit ramp, and a 'camp marking' style on the commander's hatch. First try at simple weathering on the treads.

93dFGvx.jpg

Sword Brother earned "Honor" marking for steadfastly recapturing and holding a key objective from xenos. He held out alone from his squad to secure an Imperial shrine.

j7V7RHl.jpg

k4BUWMR.jpg

O7N6C7J.jpg

A good warrior carries backup.

QRAaBMS.jpg

oMe6az4.jpg

Edited by Othniel's Blade

So, can I collect my "Complete" banner at the reception table, or wait until midnight tonight?

Traditionally, we wait until the day after*. For we are Templars, and not until the dust has settled over the lifeless corpses of our enemies do we presume that the battle is won.

* or whenever our esteemed chaplain finds the time to attend to the matter.

Vow Completed! - Still some things I'm unhappy with and need to touch up. Due to some weird issue with my account, I never received the confirmation email for this account so it can only sign in on my work computer (great for productivity). Realizing this last night I scrambled to get it to a presentable level, first time ever using texture basing. Once I go back in a clean it up I'll post more detailed close up photos.

Knightfall Vow - Complete

Also realized while looking at my vow commitment photos that I had painted one of the wrong guys by mistake, one of the TH / SS guys I had to be painted got swapped. So here is a photo of all my unpainted sword brethren and the rhino which is now painted to serve as another pre-paint photo. All of the ones painted are in there somewhere...

Sword Brethren, Terminators, Stormtalon and more.

Ugh...this is unpleasant.

Eleventh hour, airbrush breaks. Can't finish the Raven, and the cockpit was the last thing I had left to airbrush! Of course if I took care of this a few days ago I would've been able to run out to the store the next day and get a replacement part. I'm being punished. :dry.:

Anyway, the Vanguard:

gallery_38474_6916_54747.jpg

gallery_38474_6916_14524.jpg

Clock's ticking for the rest of you lot. I'll update all the info when I get up tomorrow morning, and make my judgement on best in show. Anyone who completes their vow may post a vote for their Marshal Elect choice any time they like. The vote will end Saturday night, if there are still un-cast votes by then.

Edited by Firepower

My vow is complete! Uploading pictures now. Hurry up interweb, your speed cannot match my zeal!!!

I wonder what trials and tribulations you guys had... mine was botching 5 decals in a row.  lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

+++Vow complete! +++ https://imgur.com/gallery/Cqbxh

BFRE4hi.jpgIgzdrHp.jpgjWKjlin.jpgfdo6pRd.jpgIUiIuYS.jpgkOlxXI5.jpgvCQ7qq1.jpgWfSDXZD.jpgGcR97kA.jpgBDFdmtF.jpg

Edited by Ebon Hand