++Knightfall 2017++

Firepower

Here ya go:

Part 1, generic assembly 

Part 2, painting and final assembly

There's a few little tricks and things you have to wriggle with still, but if you mark a matching fin and base edge with a small indent form your knife or so, like he recommends, it really helps get the fit back together (and stay). It's tight enough that I played a test game with mine with primer and the interior console left out- I may keep it that way after painting is done for picky dreadnoughts ;)

Ok, so! First part of my vow is complete. LRC join the crusade:)

Inspiration was 4ed codex and "deadly weterans of the thousands campaigns".. So dirty, a bit rotten, damaged and many many times repaired.... And so it is.

It is also a part of incoming fluff.... During geonide crusade during the raid against some uncelan one, after death deamon opened a warp rift that sucked whole unit into the warp... and spit it somwhere in random place..... 

And such is the influence of the warp on the vehicle that it become more and more rusty.  

techmarines do what they can to repair and protect the power of the machine spirit (see many purity seals and holy texts on the engine at the back.).

And on some pictures you can see some geonide heraldy.

Also on another pictures you can see some storage space on sponsons.... It is due fact, that they were sucked by a warp rift, LRC is a mobile command center, storage space, living room:). And i thought also about that mentioned above, that if you fight for centuries you have some habits, and you know, that you will need sometimes more granades or an extra bolter:)

Or even lost in armoury Holy orgb of Antioch (on one of the sponsons). Btw. I can't regret that they take holy hand granade from us:(

At the technical point of view I'm happy with rust effect. Technical paint's are just awesome:)

I'm also happy of smoth tranistions on the purity seals, Assault cannons frame, and "smoked" Melata and Assault cannon barrels.

Any bolter weapon (hurricane and storm bolters), are painted gold, because LRC was used in geonide crusade, and they painted bolters on gold to better deliver the light of the emperor (due to lore).

An finally I'm very happy about OSL on reflectors, and all diodes. I'm a huge fan of gloving eyes, and light effect o models, and here I'm happy with the effect.

Enjoy the pics, and as always C&C are welcome:)

191d35c1c9fc.jpg

abe00e4a831d.jpg

779ae5021ff4.jpg

9e9b624bbd3f.jpg

3b55feb68304.jpg

dced8af804c9.jpg

08150fa552a8.jpg

and here is my second part - five man crusader squad to make:)

a5b0f1e1d9c5.png

@Aegir_Einarsson, you have done a great job on that LRC. It does pain my hearts to see such a venerable piece of equipment in that state of disrepair, but your reasoning is excellent, and your vision is probably the most unique I have seen in quite a while. From the rust to the slap-dash paints (I'm assuming that it was "thrown on quickly during a lull in some battle") on heraldry and sponson cowlings, it looks like it's been through the warp and back!

As an update, I'm still working entirely on the LRC I vowed. I completely detailed the interior before final assembly, and that taxed my skill and patience quite a bit. I also added a couple of Storm Shields molded from the FW pack on the sponson cowlings of mine, and the BT upgrade doors are magnetized on the sides (Not very pretty, but it works). I am in the process of getting base colors on now before washing and detail painting. I have given myself until the end of September to get it completed, them move on to the Centurions I vowed.

I am using this vow to work through some of my backlog of models to build, and am taking my time with "trying to do it right". I'm a slow painter these days, as I don't want to just throw some paint on and call it a day. I want to really push my limits of fine work, using a lot of the techniques I have picked up in the forum. I'm hoping that the completed vow will showcase what I can do, not just how much I can build.

After a long while thinking, I decided to customise my Storm Raven without buying any extra kits. I expanded the cargobay using palsticard and also modified the gunners turret and the top engine.

Here some WIP pics:

imag1697.jpg

imag1696.jpg

imag1700.jpg

Next thing will be the base. Any ideas are welcome.

Alright, I would like to offer my vow in this zealous endeavor but am unsure if my Land Raider Crusader is too far along. I intend to give it my all for it's paint job and add some coloring to match the rest of my armored transports and battle tanks but I'd rather have it approved before I vow something not in the spirit of things. 

oaFQFuR.jpg

Xv8oemw.jpg

dHzXF7a.jpg

Fantastic job by everyone else so far.

I, CaptnRussia, hereby vow the aid of one Land Raider Crusader with accompanying Marshal to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

Firepower I intend to complete this Land Raider to the utmost standard so that it might be a shining beacon in our crusade! Thank you for doing me the honor of approving my transport.

oaFQFuR.jpg

7E5b99j.jpgtQN7MhH.jpg

OK, so I'll probably finish my second part of Vow. So there is a question.

Can I make second Vow with razorback with inquisitor inside? They have uniqe ability to stuck in any Imperium transport vehicle so this is a valid choice in terms of rules. But could it be character outside of codex?

Sorry, my goal is 1 day earlier.

No problem there so far as I'm concerned :D

OK, so I'll probably finish my second part of Vow. So there is a question.

Can I make second Vow with razorback with inquisitor inside? They have uniqe ability to stuck in any Imperium transport vehicle so this is a valid choice in terms of rules. But could it be character outside of codex?

Hrnnggg...I'm no fan of the Inquisition, but it's allowed by the rules I wrote.  So yeah, go right ahead.  But I would hope for at least a visible association with the Templars on the model.  ;)

So first Vow is ready:)some pics of finished squad, both squads LRC and 5 crusader squads, and some close-ups of every model.Second Vow and pics, when I'll be back from work.

So Pics:

C&C are welcome as always:)

ca453a9240b5.jpg

8c353ade09ea.jpg

8f00f249676b.jpg

b5ded7a9f35f.jpg

7458ed1c0144.jpg

9be59a8ac70c.jpg

8b27a82836dc.jpg

496ad549d5bd.jpg

faff3cf011a5.jpg

029fc79b32dd.jpg

343a4f60c3a5.jpg

87c8f14de865.jpg

Edited by Aegir_Einarsson

And my second Vow

I, Aegir_Einarsson, hereby vow the aid of one razorback and one custom Inquisitor, count as FW Hector Rex to the Eternal Crusade before the Night of the Witch!  I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and will emerge glorious as an Initiate by Crusade's end as a true brother of the Black Templars.  Should I fail in my duties, I will wear the mark of failure until year's end, that all may know my sin!

here are some pics:

7f360e5626f1.jpg

506654898f9f.jpg

Just a slight update to my vow, as discussed with firepower- due to actually building a list, I needed a proper squad rather than just 5 AoBR models that have now been pushed over to another Dornish chapter. So here is the updated Crusader squad, assembled and partially primed:

Knightfall Squad

And a nearly-there WIP of the Las-Back:

Lasback

Edit: Pictures attd.

Edited by Othniel's Blade