I really hope ADB means it when he says he wants to show BL in a more positive light. Everybody loves BT obviously but I think they should lose in a decisive and brutal (but also entertaining ofcourse) manner. That includes the final duel since Sigismund's death should serve as a statement that both Abaddon and BL are indeed something the Imperium should be concerned about. Anything less wouldn't make sense since BL will still need enough men and ships for the actual 1st Crusade.

Aaron, any idea if/when we'll see Extinction and Wonderworker republished for the general audience? I was half-hoping the paperback of Talon would have one of them included, but that didn't seem to be the case.

I believe these were exclusive to the First Edition and were never to be re-printed or made available outside of that first edition :wacko.: it's a pity as they both sound like ripe prey for the full on audio drama treatment, especially Extinction!

I believe that Extinction was actually part of an event anthology. The traitor legions one, with the bad boy chaos marine on the cover.

The "never to be re-printed" thing hasn't been a promise of never being re-released otherwise either. They said the same for a bunch of short stories that since appeared in other collections or adapted into audio.

Have you guys seen the news ? We take Cadia, rejoice !

As cool as this sounds like it will be, don't get your hopes up. GW has never once followed through on the hype of the potential background in studio material. Ive personally liked some aspects of the new fluff, mainly the breadth of the conflict presented, but I'm being cautiously optimistic. The studio doesn't handle large campaign detail as well as Lord Bligh, and something as epic as the Black Crusade needs a level of detail I haven't seen anything but the Fw books produce.

As cool as this sounds like it will be, don't get your hopes up. GW has never once followed through on the hype of the potential background in studio material. Ive personally liked some aspects of the new fluff, mainly the breadth of the conflict presented, but I'm being cautiously optimistic. The studio doesn't handle large campaign detail as well as Lord Bligh, and something as epic as the Black Crusade needs a level of detail I haven't seen anything but the Fw books produce.

I concur. My own personal wet dream would be Forge World fleshing out one of Abaddon's Black Crusade.

The rumor of Abaddon getting a new model in January seem inaccurate now, sadly. GW stated there'd be only three character models coming for Fall of Cadia, which goes up for preorder on the 7th. Looks like he won't be taking part in the opening stages of the 13th Black Crusade just yet.

I concur. My own personal wet dream would be Forge World fleshing out one of Abaddon's Black Crusade.

It's everyone personal dream lol

If the book is in Aug, seems like a pretty straight forward tie in.

Ahem tis several millennias earlier - aka first black crusade, lol

Still seems a little bizarre to have him the cover of arguably their most exciting campaign book ever and not release a model to go with it, but a tie in with the novel also makes sense

A D-B is not tying it in. His BLC book is a continuation to ToH. Even ,if new novel would be written for Fall of Cadia campaign  - someone new will probably do it

Still seems a little bizarre to have him the cover of arguably their most exciting campaign book ever and not release a model to go with it, but a tie in with the novel also makes sense

Not a model perhaps, but he will certainly be in the book , with him featuring alone on the cover, and mentioned during the Warhammer Twitch.

Looks like a great book indeed.

A D-B is not tying it in. His BLC book is a continuation to ToH. Even ,if new novel would be written for Fall of Cadia campaign  - someone new will probably do it

I know, I think you misunderstand. I said a tie in with the novel, not a tie in with the model.

Not a model perhaps, but he will certainly be in the book , with him featuring alone on the cover, and mentioned during the Warhammer Twitch.

Looks like a great book indeed.

based on what? promises?

I realize it's not the right period, but you release a book with a central character being one of the settings most important, you have a supposedly ongoing event in the Fall series, and your bread and butter is selling plastic models of which THE main bad guy is lacking.

I'm going to set expectation for Summer. :)

Just noticed AD-B heavily implied he wrote the text for the Fall of Cadia trailer, and now I feel like it was obvious since the trailer ends with talk about the angels of the Emperor coming back, "recast from shame and shadow, reborn in black and gold".

May imply the Black Legion gets some well deserved spotlight during the 13th Black Crusade and the Fall of Cadia.

Just noticed AD-B heavily implied he wrote the text for the Fall of Cadia trailer, and now I feel like it was obvious since the trailer ends with talk about the angels of the Emperor coming back, "recast from shame and shadow, reborn in black and gold".

May imply the Black Legion gets some well deserved spotlight during the 13th Black Crusade and the Fall of Cadia.

Whaaaa where did he say that!? Or... heavily imply I guess?

Whaaaa where did he say that!? Or... heavily imply I guess?

Facebook.

Archived