Maybe he I indeed meant this?

Maybe the inconsistency gives others the chance to come up with new and cool ideas?

I guess, but it runs counter to my views on 'canon', and the setting. It just doesnt seem to help.

'Hey I have a cool idea.'

'Ok lets run it past the IP writer team!'

Pass/Fail

vs

Next Codex, complete departure of character for a faction set for 20 years...

You've no idea how much I agree with you...

It'd be nice if there was even an acknowledgement that anyone outside of the Studio knows what the IP is. Or if there even WAS an IP/writer authority for the team...

Speaking of Forgeworld, 6 more weeks until Inferno.

This is going to be awesome.

Really interested in what they've done with it and how they have expanded it beyond what is in "Thousand Sons".

Laurie, would you say it adds much, or a different perspective, to the Prospero battle, if you've already read ATS?

Speaking of Forgeworld, 6 more weeks until Inferno.

This is going to be awesome.

Really interested in what they've done with it and how they have expanded it beyond what is in "Thousand Sons".

Laurie, would you say it adds much, or a different perspective, to the Prospero battle, if you've already read ATS?

Seconded - would be good if you will give us something new to chew upon Laurie.

Also, it should be truly epic cause we are getting a 'whole' Prospero planet razing, not only the Tizca. And sections of 'Famous campaigns' for both the TS and SW should shine a lot of new details upon both Legions.

Add to that the abundance of rules, characters, color sections, schematics etc.

Can't wait to lay my hands on 'Inferno'. HH Weekender can't come soon enough!

Well, I think Alan Bligh has said plenty on that already - if you're expecting a new, shiny printout of 'A Thousand Sons' and 'Prospero Burns', you're in for a shock...

There is a LOT more content. Like, you know, an actual account of the full battle. And not just in Tizca, under the kine shield.

Then again, even the 'Burning of Prospero' boardgame added to those novels, without contradicting anything.

Weirdly enough, GW does know what it's doing MOST of the time. This stuff is deliberate.

Well, I think Alan Bligh has said plenty on that already - if you're expecting a new, shiny printout of 'A Thousand Sons' and 'Prospero Burns', you're in for a shock...

There is a LOT more content. Like, you know, an actual account of the full battle. And not just in Tizca, under the kine shield.

Then again, even the 'Burning of Prospero' boardgame added to those novels, without contradicting anything.

Weirdly enough, GW does know what it's doing MOST of the time. This stuff is deliberate.

Last sentence is like wow :)

You are truly a holder of the HH keys for us all :biggrin.:

Maybe the inconsistency gives others the chance to come up with new and cool ideas?

I guess, but it runs counter to my views on 'canon', and the setting. It just doesnt seem to help.

Pass/Fail

vs

It'd be nice if there was even an acknowledgement that anyone outside of the Studio knows what the IP is. Or if there even WAS an IP/writer authority for the team...

I cant help but take your comments, and ADB's and read between the lines. Its pretty depressing. :p

Pass/Fail

vs

I cant help but take your comments, and ADB's and read between the lines. Its pretty depressing. :tongue.:

I wouldn't be depressed. There's good and bad in the system, and maybe even more of the former. It's worked for this long, after all.

Just wanted to get that in before this is inevitably locked for being off-topic.

You are exempt from forum rules because you make books with magical content.

Nobody is exempt from forum rules...I just couldnt ask my patients to please wait while I work on a topic about a book based on toy soldiers...

Let's please stay on topic people.

If the IP or canon status is discussed, please create an appropriate topic and discuss (really. I find it interesting)

Wolf Lord Kieran

Was Gyre a tutelary or a "simple" demon which was attracted by the bloodshed of Prospero?

I think that she was a tutelary but I'm not sure anymore.

She was a tutelary before being a wolf-form Familiar. 

Although I would love to know the difference between a "tutelary" and a "familiar." 

They feel very much the "same" in most of the stuff we have read regarding Sorcerers and their minions.

A D-B any context for that you could offer would be invaluable! Especially in Khayon's case, as I know most of the Thousand sons gave up their tutelaries (or lost them..) after Prospero. 

Was Gyre a tutelary or a "simple" demon which was attracted by the bloodshed of Prospero?

I think that she was a tutelary but I'm not sure anymore.

She was a tutelary before being a wolf-form Familiar. 

Although I would love to know the difference between a "tutelary" and a "familiar." 

They feel very much the "same" in most of the stuff we have read regarding Sorcerers and their minions.

A D-B any context for that you could offer would be invaluable! Especially in Khayon's case, as I know most of the Thousand sons gave up their tutelaries (or lost them..) after Prospero. 

So much questions for A D-B to counter/provide answers. After yesterday's reread of TS  - only 1k and 122 legionaries left after Razing of Prospero and was saved by Magnus spell.

1) The questions which follows - how they exist in W40K with all the loses, lol.

2) What is TS indoctination program - they can't live without adding new SM to their ranks, especially with half the Legion and Rubricae going with Khayon to Abbadon?

3) How different tutelary from HH to Gyre?

4) How many sets of card Khayon will have eventually?

'I wouldn't be depressed. There's good and bad in the system, and maybe even more of the former. It's worked for this long, after all.' - wisdom of writing for 10 years now?

1) The questions which follows - how they exist in W40K with all the loses, lol.

Nobody cares about numbers. And they can resurrect dead Rubrics, so they are a lot less attritional than other legions.

Not the case. Rubricae ressurrection is a very dangerous ritual. You could lose more then you could chew.

Ah ok, I'd thought there was a novel by the name of The Master of Mankind, that was sort of amongst those?

I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about to be honest. I'm just starting to get into the HH books now, and have only read 2 so far, both of which were White Scars focussed (on the advice of people like b1soul etc, but also because I'm a Scars fan). I'm trying to find a recommended reading order for the various HH novels but don't have the time to nut this out properly - is it just a matter of starting with HH Novel 1 and going from there chronologically, for the best reading experience?

Ah if you are talking Heresy, well, I THINK the way they have added 'Book 1-Book 43' to the series is the suggested reading order.

If we are talking The Black Legion, then that is a singular book, that will have minor hints, but is not tied to a HH book (yet).

Oh yeah, Talon is the first book of the series. The second one is supposed to get shipped to our avid hands mid 2017.

Right, this might have been what I was thinking. So Talon of Horus first, then Black Legion!

And so we will get 13th Black Crusade Campaign early next year. And a prequel to the all Black Crusades at summer time - awesome.

2017 seems good so far ;)

Oh yeah, Talon is the first book of the series. The second one is supposed to get shipped to our avid hands mid 2017.

Right, this might have been what I was thinking. So Talon of Horus first, then Black Legion!

And so we will get 13th Black Crusade Campaign early next year. And a prequel to the all Black Crusades at summer time - awesome.

2017 seems good so far ;)

Sounds very cool. Might even get to know more about the Subjugators?

2017 seems good so far :wink:

Sounds very cool. Might even get to know more about the Subjugators?

Oh yesss, we will in Fall of Cadia campaign I think :biggrin.:

only 1k and 122 legionaries left after Razing of Prospero and was saved by Magnus spell.

Well, I realise I've said this a lot, but you've got to bear in mind that the Legion sizes were standardised as increased by a factor of 10 around ATS, TFH, and PB. TFH is the first to use the right ones, and PB - which was written before TFH but released after - still uses the wrong sizes.

Tens of thousands of Thousand Sons survived the HH. We don't know how many were really left on Prospero and taken to the Planet of the Sorcerers. Inferno will likely explain i a bit more, but even then, who knows. ATS and PB are essentially the last moments of the HH series pre-oversight and pre-merging lore with Forge World, so their figures can be unreliable compared to later sources. It would make zero sense if they were the only two Legions without number changes from their HH mentions. 

Archived