Hmmm to be honest I would rather Abbadon slip on a banana peel at the crucial moment and then Sig skewers him like a pig with the Black Sword. :smile.:

Ugh.

Even as a person who generally advocates that Abaddon is a completely unnecessary component of the setting that generally doesn't need to be there, that made me roll my eyes to the back of my head. I never read much about Sigismund, but the way people talk about him...as what seems to be a Mary Sue...and where they want him to go...which is to continue to be a badly written Mary Sue....doesn't make me want to start.

He's not a badly written Mary Sue. People describe him as a Mary Sue online (hence the screeching at his death).

I am considering looking into him more, I mean i'v never disliked any of the Imperial Fist characters including the very few bits of Sigismund I have seen, and you're probably right and he's a very well written character.

But every single time I see someone talk about him online it seems to devolve into a trashfire, and I can't help but hesitate. 

I think every hero getting a stereotypically glorious death would get boring and predictable anyways. Also goes contrary to the theme of setting IMO. No matter how important or awesome you are, in the end it's still an eternity of war beneath the laughter of thirsting gods.

So much this.

Ahhh such a curious novel. From one point author contradicts his own logistics with hundreds of thousands of CSM, ignoring all the HH, Legion wars, Warp casulties, new recruitment issues.

On the other hand I just read one of the best depiction of ships classes, environmental deaths and that's not even the void war part. Just for the void warfare I like your book A D-B.

So missed good, old 'burning' ships in the emptiness of space :yes:

Hope 'void war' part will not disappoint

Pretty sure the book says hundreds of thousands of warriors, not hundreds of thousands of legionaries. Warriors =/= legionaries.

Khayon meant the real stuff (SM) not the chuff he despised.

Also - geeze Nefertari. Yes - she is a proffesional killer by druchi or xenos standards. But champion for a high level CSM sorceror vs Champions of the warbands of Chaos Gods, generals of the old war with hundreds of years of battlefield experience? Come on.

Would make sense.

Dorn retrieves the body of his once most trusted / beloved son including the Black Legions message. He goes nuts and turns his rage mode on, chasing after traitors. During the 1st Black Crusade, he exaggerates and gets lost or dies, whatever GW will make of it.

Pretty sure the lore (although it can be changed) states that Dorn was killed in A black crusade not THE First Black Crusade. I think because of roughly when in the timeline it is often assumed the be the First Black Crusade. Pretty sure the lore doesn't state it is one of Abaddons Black Crusades.

Archived