Prot Quickie-Batrep: Renegades vs Deathguard (pictures!)

Prot

Ok. Sorry for double posting.

@IFF, I couldn't agree more on what you've said, those excellent points as I said earlier. However, don't get me wrong, I still think that fluff wise, the AL are the less likely to have cult troops. When I say that, is meaning that (imho) they don't have them in large numbers. Indeed we agree that they use them as tools, like everything else, being havocs, cultists, sorcerers, defiler and whatever it takes to get the job done. But fluff wise (as far as I'm aware of) they aren't know for deploying large numbers of cult troops, unlike other legiones; even if other legiones don't use them in the wide spectrum, e.g. IW are known to use berzerkers, but not that much for using rubrics.

That being said, however, I indeed see very fluffy for the Alphas (or any non-cult legion) to use cult troops, and any of the tools we have at our disposal in the codex. If you stick with a theme at the army list building stage and impose yourself restrictions (a thing that I do myself a bit too much) because certain units don't fit with your vision, is another matter, and a respectable one if you ask me.

Cheers!

Thank you. Those are all very good points. I really do like Huron's background. Not sure about him on the tabletop yet though. ;)

I should paint a new one anyway. This one had his (metal) thumb ripped off.

You would rather paint a whole Huron than fix a thumb? :wacko: Sounds like an excuse to me, hah!

Ah maybe you're right but I have no idea where his thumb is!

I am a cruddy sculptor and I have a feeling the thumb I would make would stink and not match.

Also I'd like to comment on the Alpha Legion but I'm on a phone. So hopefully later.

PS anyone have a spare Huron thumb laying around? ;)

PS anyone have a spare Huron thumb laying around? :wink:

Sure, right beside my spare Ferrus Manus head. :D

Just turn your Huron into a conversion. Give him an artificial thumb or make it look like it got cut off on purpose. Your own version of Huron. At least that's what I usually do when a part of my models breaks and I can't find a replacement. :D

Sure why not? Huron already kind of looks like Frankenstein. I'll just glue an Ork thumb on him and call it a day! ;)

I'm not giving up entirely on the list. I want to use Possessed still but had to trim some fat. So 2 rhinos come in and the landraider is out. Also pulled the baledrake.

I love it but it isn't killy enough. This gets me 8 zerkers.

I actually have a defiler in the list. I haven't liked them previous to the point reduction. I wonder if he might work with this list advancing flaming and assaulting.

Edited by Prot