Vow complete :D Got a little bit of tidying up to do but I got them done in time for my game yesterday :) Really pleased with how the white came out, maybe I've finally put my phobia of painting it to rest.

med_gallery_27469_12034_410765.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12034_408166.jpg

The game was a victory for the sons of Sanguinius I'm pleased to say. The Sanguinary Guard tore through small units, larger ones backed up with a character were tougher and did more damage. Learned a lot about how to use them so I'm keen to use them again, but even better this time ;)

Gonna bow out on a completion as I need a break from this for a bit. Burned out with the mad rush to get everything done in time for my game, which I am entirely to blame for :P

Massive photo dump incoming!

First the full squad named Ismael (sorry the pic is a bit blurry at the forefront), which is my primary vow complete !

kWZ5L2f.jpg

More pics and details in the spoiler tag to avoid crashing the thread :biggrin.:

The sergeant Ismael

4VfGP5q.jpg

0wJASVO.jpg

ggbgPxK.jpg

The crazy grenade laucher

4sihTb9.jpg

2Cc6gwX.jpg

CMzjusn.jpg

The bolter men

k1qXpIl.jpg

h4D1oKf.jpg

5cIxRis.jpg

N.B. I need to redo the trim of the base, the pigment fixer made some shiny spot on it...

For Sanguinius!

Anamnesis

For Sanguinius!

Anamnesis

You sir, are quite the artist. The smooth application is something I long for in my own painting, but is most likely years away, if ever. I also love the battle damage and dusty boots. My favorite, though, is the scuffed up and worn look of that pistol holster. Ace.

And on a side note, I've finished my vow, pics to come later this week.

For Sanguinius!

Anamnesis

You sir, are quite the artist. The smooth application is something I long for in my own painting, but is most likely years away, if ever. I also love the battle damage and dusty boots. My favorite, though, is the scuffed up and worn look of that pistol holster. Ace.

And on a side note, I've finished my vow, pics to come later this week.

Thanks for the praise Brother_b, i'm glad you like them :)

Thanks for letting me know Jolemai; I'll paint the dread first, then I'll work on my librarian (luckily, I made some decent base coating progress this week).

Cheers!

Update: Looks like everyone's posting WIPS, so I'd like to contribute!

Got my Furioso/Librarian Base-Coated, took a picture, and then did a Wash (no picture). Currently working through the individual color highlights, trying to be neat as possible. Got the white done, as well as some of the gold, blue, and beginning layers on the force halberd, but I still need to do some red, finish some of the bone, as well as assorted highlight blue/purple/greens and some greys for the base. Hoping to finish this by the end of the week so I can re-vow and get trucking on my magnetized librarian!

Update:

Vow completed – I have assembled, magnetized, and painted my furioso/librarian dreadnought:

Librarian

Fragioso

Base and Accessories

Furioso with Blood Talons and Magna Grapple

On a related note..

I Brother Aether rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one magnetized Librarian on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Brothers Luminous, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

As a Secondary Vow, I would like to base and complete my Sanguinary Guard, Sanguinary Ancient, and Dante Conversion:

Completion and new entry logged :thumbsup:

The Librarian Dreadnought and bits look great, really need to finish mine ones as they are all in one models. I see you didn't magnetise the thumbs on the claw/fist part? Too crazy?

... and remember, you get to wear and keep the following, but only if you complete your second vow!

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Edited by Jolemai

I, spagunk, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one squad of Sanguinary Guardsman (6 man) and One Death Company Marine on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_40907_9492_94362.jpg

Primary and secondary vows completed:

primary

gallery_40907_9492_59188.jpg

Secondary

gallery_40907_9492_63907.jpg

Great use of the upgrade sprue, not seen that before and the lighting on the black blades are inspired (again, not seen that before). These look great and i'm glad you managed to complete them :smile.:

Fancy another go with something small? In the meantime, you should wear this:

Edited by Jolemai

gallery_88305_13840_738517.jpg

gallery_88305_13840_1201162.jpg

gallery_88305_13840_1416368.jpg

Vow complete.

Definitely earned this, she has turned out great. Love the red, the brass etch idea is great and you managed to paint the track without losing your mind :wacko.:

Fancy another go?

I BluejayJunior rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 20 Death Company on or before November 30th, 2017. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Please forgive the lateness for this response but I've been offline over the weekend. Vow logged and all the best with it; we're all looking forward to seeing them complete! :)

Wow another vow i thought the competition ends today. I just reread and saw i have a whole month time. Well in this case i vow my spartan assault tank.

V5jaTyt.jpg

Well i finished my Spartan Assault Tank just in Time.

onRbCez.jpg

kOYOm3w.jpg

ytI44xK.jpg

Finished with loads of time to spare as we run through until the 30th November, so still time to knock another one out :wink:

Cheers for the inspiration with the FW doors, I think that's the route i'll go down eventually when I get around to completing my vow (which is dragging on something chronic :dry.: )

Edited by Jolemai

Ironclad Dreadnought completed.

Jolemai - it's meant to be used as a Furioso dread if that makes any difference to the pledge.

gallery_60109_5815_467615.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_893639.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_108081.jpggallery_60109_5815_653239.jpg

Just the 20 breachers left to be completed now, I would say I am bang on target for the end of November deadline but work wants to send me to India for 2 weeks :ermm:

Looking good LM, we do like seeing your take on the Lamenters over here :happy.: Really, the vow is fine as it is; you'll still get the award and kudos should you complete it (and an award if you don't) so don't worry there. I do, however, need a photo of the second five Assault Terminators and the ten RAS which we only have a WIP for if they are complete too :tu:

Even with work, you seem to have paced yourself very well and that's always a good sign :smile.:

Edited by Jolemai

Vow complete :biggrin.: Got a little bit of tidying up to do but I got them done in time for my game yesterday :smile.: Really pleased with how the white came out, maybe I've finally put my phobia of painting it to rest.

med_gallery_27469_12034_410765.jpg

med_gallery_27469_12034_408166.jpg

The game was a victory for the sons of Sanguinius I'm pleased to say. The Sanguinary Guard tore through small units, larger ones backed up with a character were tougher and did more damage. Learned a lot about how to use them so I'm keen to use them again, but even better this time :wink:

Gonna bow out on a completion as I need a break from this for a bit. Burned out with the mad rush to get everything done in time for my game, which I am entirely to blame for :tongue.:

Seems you've earned this for keeps now, congrats! Congrats on the victory, congrats on a very good (and neat) white, and enjoy your rest - oh, and you know where we are if you need that itch scratched for something small this side of the 30th November ;)

First the full squad named Ismael (sorry the pic is a bit blurry at the forefront), which is my primary vow complete !

kWZ5L2f.jpg

More pics and details in the spoiler tag to avoid crashing the thread :biggrin.:

The sergeant Ismael

4VfGP5q.jpg

0wJASVO.jpg

ggbgPxK.jpg

The crazy grenade laucher

4sihTb9.jpg

2Cc6gwX.jpg

CMzjusn.jpg

The bolter men

k1qXpIl.jpg

h4D1oKf.jpg

5cIxRis.jpg

N.B. I need to redo the trim of the base, the pigment fixer made some shiny spot on it...

For Sanguinius!

Anamnesis

Fantastic, you should be very proud of that. One thing I do like about the Primaris is the amount of detail that a half-decent painter (i.e. better than me...) can apply to them. Just waiting on your Lieutenant now :thumbsup:

Edited by Jolemai

I, Brother Lemartes, vow to complete:

-Brother Lemartes

-1st Co. Capt. with jump pack, combi-plasma, and lightning claw

Secondary Vow:

-Finish gems, jump packs, and other stuff on VVs

Welcome to the event and all the best with your vow! Are you opting for a gold armoured Captain, or going with your army's scheme for it?

Thread updated to here

Looks like I should go away more often! Excellent work so far, keep it up folks! Just over one month to go!

I seem to be up to my eyeballs lately but maybe I can conjure up a single model vow next month...

What Character you be thinking?

I, Brother Lemartes, vow to complete:

-Brother Lemartes

-1st Co. Capt. with jump pack, combi-plasma, and lightning claw

Secondary Vow:

-Finish gems, jump packs, and other stuff on VVs

Welcome to the event and all the best with your vow! Are you opting for a gold armoured Captain, or going with your army's scheme for it?

I am going for gold! My chapter's captains have gold armor and black helms, but my 1st co capt will have a white helm.

I made significant progress on Lemartes last night while watching some stranger things. Pics in my plog!

Looking good LM, we do like seeing your take on the Lamenters over here :happy.: Really, the vow is fine as it is; you'll still get the award and kudos should you complete it (and an award if you don't) so don't worry there. I do, however, need a photo of the second five Assault Terminators and the ten RAS which we only have a WIP for if they are complete too :thumbsup:

Even with work, you seem to have paced yourself very well and that's always a good sign :smile.:

Thanks Jolemai,

Completed Assault Termies and RAS:

gallery_60109_5815_1507131.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_738802.jpggallery_60109_5815_1177396.jpg

Fingers crossed I can get the breachers done before the trip, anyone got any suggestions for a small travel modelling pack?

Cheers

LM

Seems you've earned this for keeps now, congrats! Congrats on the victory, congrats on a very good (and neat) white, and enjoy your rest - oh, and you know where we are if you need that itch scratched for something small this side of the 30th November :wink:

Cheers Jolemai! I might be tempted to make one last vow... I have a whole month so perhaps I will return :smile.:

I shall keep tabs on the thread either way as it's inspiring to see so many vows and fantastic models rolling in. Well done everyone! :thumbsup:

*snip*

Completion and new entry logged :thumbsup:

The Librarian Dreadnought and bits look great, really need to finish mine ones as they are all in one models. I see you didn't magnetise the thumbs on the claw/fist part? Too crazy?

... and remember, you get to wear and keep the following, but only if you complete your second vow!

Thank you Jolemai! I will wear the badge with honor – I started painting the bases, and did my first couple of bases with some citadel texture paint. We'll see how they turn out, pics to come soon.