With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

They will be fair pts cost with good rules to get them to sell when its released alongside TS codex. Currently theyre unavail

I that's probably true but our current sole fast attack option has a 7" move so you know it might not turn out great either. Wouldn't want people to not buy Space Marines.

It's probably nothing but there is an excerpt in the Daemon codex with some cool writings from Ahriman. He mentions Kairic cultists

I very much doubt we are getting Kairic Acolytes as rules considering the rate at which people proxy them as cultists.. Would be a fair replacement, though personally I am partial to the silent and beak-headed robed fellas.

Drakes are flyers.

Do you guys think that a Herald + 3x Flamer as a Vanguard detachment is worth it to unlock the Daemon stratagems? Yes a patrol with Herald + Brimstones is cheaper but the flames now have 12" range and their weapons are S user so they actually profit from the Herald being nearby. They would also help to deal with hordes.

It's probably nothing but there is an excerpt in the Daemon codex with some cool writings from Ahriman. He mentions Kairic cultists

I very much doubt we are getting Kairic Acolytes as rules considering the rate at which people proxy them as cultists.. Would be a fair replacement, though personally I am partial to the silent and beak-headed robed fellas.

Apparently Kairic acolytes are also mentioned in Kor-Phaeron audio drama...

I'll just use them as cultists or allied renegades and heretics. A cheap renegade and heretic brigade as a command point factory for daemons and sons? its 426 pts for the cheapest brigade:

3x renegade commanders

6x brimstone horrors

3x spawn

3x command squad

3x mortar heavy weapon squad

Don't think it will be a great option though, as 1/5 of the army is just chaff which does nothing...

Drakes are flyers.

Do you guys think that a Herald + 3x Flamer as a Vanguard detachment is worth it to unlock the Daemon stratagems? Yes a patrol with Herald + Brimstones is cheaper but the flames now have 12" range and their weapons are S user so they actually profit from the Herald being nearby. They would also help to deal with hordes.

I would rather go for the 3x exalted flamers + herald and then save some points to summon horrors or flamers.

Exalted flamers are really versatile with the anti tank or anti infantry profiles. But also the now 3-shot blue flame (that can be S10 from the herald) will help a lot, as thousand sons struggle with killing vehicles.

I doubt the Mutalith will suck, ill definitely get one at some point if its decent. 

The thing is; I absolutely despise having multiples of the same tank/walker in the same army. I have one of each barring Rhinos and dreads (3 contemptors, 2 rhinos) 

So for me nabbing one just makes my list more varied.  I dont like repeating especially with models that you cant really customize. but if its decent to "amazing" ill get it. lol 

Drakes are flyers.

That’s nice and cheap... probably what I’ll end up doing if I absolutely must deep strike Magnus. That said I’m waiting to see what the codex allows for body guard mechanisms ala Death Shroud Termies.

Well I'm not as interested in the strategems as I am the auras and loci. I was going to pick up codex daemons on the first day, but i think ill wait for the FAQ before i drop more money on kits and books. That just means more for Tzaangors though :)

Yah I already have the Daemon book ordered, but I also run a TS/Daemon Mix so it works great. I think the flexibility of having Daemons adds a lot of missing pieces and tactics to the TS, can't wait until the Book drops next month.

Here is a quote from FLG, looks like GW will FAQ that by making the distinction between faction keyword and the normal keywords.

I would assume if I was a Daemon player that a Daemon FAQ would be coming out quickly on the heels of the Daemon book as has been the case with other Codex releases. We will look to GW to answer these questions but no, I would not plan on deep-striking (or any other similar uses of stratagems) Magnus, Mortarion, the Lord of Skulls, etc. with the Daemon codex. I’d work on the assumption that only Daemon Faction Keyword units can use the Codex Daemon stratagems.

Url for those interested

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2018/01/11/40k-championships-at-the-lvo-update/

That's silly. GW themselves said that after list building faction keywords and regular keywords are the same.

I also remember FLG announcing to get rid of most of their houserules once the CA drops since the game will be mostly perfect the way it is then and that didn't happen either so I don't really trust whatever inside knowledge they think they might have.

Archived