With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

I hope that the Auras for us get re-worked entirely. 

Side note; We can expect (assuming the death guard one follows the same system) our daemon princes will have a 4++ invul save naturally. The Death Guard prince has both the Death Guard trait AND the Daemon of Nurgle trait.  I would expect our prince to follow suit! 

by tzeentch reroll failed saves of 1 would be nuts.

It wouldnt be quite as broken as it sounds. Given the amount of crazy stuff for other books. 

I really do think we will be able to match Death guard for power once everythings out and weve had time to delve. 

Our legion tactic will be a big one id imagine. Hopefully Skyfires and enlightened and the Shaman feature in the upcoming report! 

by tzeentch reroll failed saves of 1 would be nuts.

It wouldnt be quite as broken as it sounds. Given the amount of crazy stuff for other books. 

I really do think we will be able to match Death guard for power once everythings out and weve had time to delve. 

Our legion tactic will be a big one id imagine. Hopefully Skyfires and enlightened and the Shaman feature in the upcoming report! 

I think you forgot something... THE MUTALITH VORTEX BEAST :D

I’d rather have “reroll failed invuls” and let it apply to units. I do t think a 5+ reroll is game breaking.

yeah, i think reroll invul saves would be nice. All is dust protects against small arms fire pretty well already, so reroll all saves of 1 would just make anything with AP0 and D1 pretty much useless against rubric units. And i think that GW did a pretty good job of not having 2+ re-rollable in this edition.

I’d like to know who thought our only infantry given ‘reroll invul’s of 1’ was a good idea! I’m just saying that exalted’s need to get something else!

Yeah, would be cool if we had 3 different types of characters, like death guard. One could be there to ressurect rubrics, like the apothecary, but instead he can summon the souls back from the warp and re-trap them in armour. Another one could be there to buff the inferno bolts (like aura +1 to wound on inferno bolts or 6s do 2 damage instead of 1, etc.). The last one could be just better sorcerer i guess or something to do with mutations.

Also why don't we have a sorcerer lord? there is a model for him in the terminator lord box...

The fact that poxwalkers not only have a stratagem that lets them get models but its in their base rules tells me that we will have either a spell or a stratagem for manipulating the Rubric and healing units with All is Dust. 

In fact, to be honest, I want rules like that. I want rules that the Tzaangors and Sorcerers can't benefit from.

I would like to see some stacking auras based off Exalted options in an optional elite slots.

For some reason the designers thought rerolling 1s on invulns saves was powerful and we know it is not.  Re rolling of invuln saves sounds nice.

On DMG output I would to see a strategem doubling our shots or something similar.

From the creators of Warp Time, comes an epic new spell that will rock your thousand sons sand filled socks!

Games-Workshop proudly presents : HAMMER TIME

What does it do? Double tapping on rubric bolters baby.

Coming to a theater near you this winter.

Because clearly we need more anti horde options and not anti tank options.

A really simple solution for our lack of characters and auras would be to let an Exalted Sorcerer choose one of the old Prosperian cults like Corvidae etc. and his aura is a buff/debuff/ability based on what we choose. It gives us more customisation options and a reason to take an Exalted Sorcerer over a normal Sorcerer.

I really hope we get the Daemonforge stratagem (since Death Guard didn't get it). That would really help the Forgefiend. Right now it is so underwhelming in all of my games. It basically needs Prescience all the time or a babysitting Chaos Lord / Daemon Prince. 

The fact that poxwalkers not only have a stratagem that lets them get models but its in their base rules tells me that we will have either a spell or a stratagem for manipulating the Rubric and healing units with All is Dust. 

In fact, to be honest, I want rules like that. I want rules that the Tzaangors and Sorcerers can't benefit from.

Very much possible considering loyalists have their apothecaries as well.

Very much possible considering loyalists have their apothecaries as well.

This is nothing new though.

From the creators of Warp Time, comes an epic new spell that will rock your thousand sons sand filled socks!

Games-Workshop proudly presents : HAMMER TIME

What does it do? Double tapping on rubric bolters baby.

Coming to a theater near you this winter.

Because clearly we need more anti horde options and not anti tank options.

I mean with veterans of the long war and prescience, inferno bolts do surprising number of wounds to Vehicles. a full squad with 2 cannons in rapid fire range (so 17 inferno bolters, 2 cannons and inferno pistol) do 12.5 wounds to T7 3+ unit. That is a tank gone with average rolls. The problem is getting to the rapid fire range, which is why i would love to have a deep striking stratagem

They bounce off once we hit a T8 target. That's the real problem here. No faction has any problems dealing with T7 or less targets. It's how we can manage hard units that's the problem. All we have really is magnus and predators.

I mean with vets were looking at 5+ to wound, and reaper cannons are at a 4+ with -3ap. , though I agree its not "stable".

Hopefully the skyfires help with that. 

I don't think we can expect that mortal wound mechanic to be ported directly to 40k; if we assume everything is going to be ported as directly as possible, then skyfires would be doing mortal wounds on a 4+ to hit with the shaman aura+prescience. Seems a little too strong in the context of 40k.

I don't think we can expect that mortal wound mechanic to be ported directly to 40k; if we assume everything is going to be ported as directly as possible, then skyfires would be doing mortal wounds on a 4+ to hit with the shaman aura+prescience. Seems a little too strong in the context of 40k.

Interesting that they might fill the role of snipers.

Archived