With an eye to the past I look try to divine the future.

Raven1

Well, they could simply make them cheaper so they can be a mid-point between a regular sorcerer and a full-blown daemon prince.

This is the issue; they currently ARE the middle point; but they aren't good enough to be warranting use. 

They don't help anymore then your basic sorcerer, and dont fight as well as your prince. 

Now that the prince casts AND fights better....well....

At this point Basic Sorcerers and Daemon Princes will both be ball busters....so they better make Exalted unique in some way (auras...aurass.. HEY GW THEY GOT AURAS YET?!?!...) 

Auras, relics just for them, more flexibility in choosing spells, reduced cost, bonus to cast, perils mitigation, and even stratagems are all options to make exalted better. 

Flamers in the Codex

Yeah but that doesn't mean that they will have the thousand son keyword. I'm pretty sure we will get the same summoning stratagem that deathguard got but for Tzeentch.

I don't think demons in the Death Guard codex have the Death Guard keyword either. So it's unlikely that the Tzeentch demons will either. However still nice for odds and ends, and if you want to summon.

So if the TS codex goes on pre-order this weekend its in February for the actual release. I wonder if GW would put the AC jetbikes and our codex up for pre-order the same weekend? I dont track releases so I'm not sure how much they have "mixed" releases in the recent past.

I don't think demons in the Death Guard codex have the Death Guard keyword either. So it's unlikely that the Tzeentch demons will either. However still nice for odds and ends, and if you want to summon.

So if the TS codex goes on pre-order this weekend its in February for the actual release. I wonder if GW would put the AC jetbikes and our codex up for pre-order the same weekend? I dont track releases so I'm not sure how much they have "mixed" releases in the recent past.

well this weekend were the pre order of the custodes codex, but there were some nurgle bundles for pre order too. So it's possible, but i'd expect this week to be AC jetbikes and wardens. And next week Thousand sons codex and re-release of mutalith. But it might be this week, as we don't really need many box sets to be released along with the codex. I assume just the cards and the dice 

Another note to be made; in the video Eddie when taking a wound from shooting on the tzaangors on disc fails a save, and yet does not remove a model.  He places a wound counter by one of the Enlightened. so that basically confirms them as being above 1 wound. 

Looks like 2 wounds at minimum, 2 Is a safe bet given that these are our "biker" unit. My question; T5..... AND if this same "additional wound and additional toughness" come over to our sorcerers on discs.  this would make discs worth having beyond just being a bit more mobile. 

3 disciplines confirmed! So the tzeentch daemon discipline, dark hereticus and thousand sons discipline (with temporal manipulation, doombolt, glamour, weaver of fates and two more unknown ones) :biggrin.:

Tzeentchs firestorm will be one of the unknowns. so 1 unknown ATM. 

oh, right, it is so useless that i forgot it existed :D. That means that re-roll deny the witch test warlord trait is in too :/ 

At least caballistic focus is good :) and the athanean scrolls might also be useful

Honestly for tzeentchs firestorm If they made it cast on a 5+ WC value and once we add our 6 inchs to casting range....statistically that just makes it smite...... but can target a model. 

If they did that id be fine with it, or something close to it. but yes right now its trash lol.  Heres hoping they saw that issue post CA and fixed it. 

Honestly for tzeentchs firestorm If they made it cast on a 5+ WC value and once we add our 6 inchs to casting range....statistically that just makes it smite...... but can target a model. 

If they did that id be fine with it, or something close to it. but yes right now its trash lol.  Heres hoping they saw that issue post CA and fixed it. 

it's a bit worse than smite, as it is 1.5 MW average. Smite is 2, but yeah at WC5 it would be fine as an extra character hunting spell.

it's a bit worse than smite, as it is 1.5 MW average. Smite is 2, but yeah at WC5 it would be fine as an extra character hunting spell.

How is smite an average of 2? isnt it still a D3?  Wouldnt that average out to 1.5 or am I totally failing at probability here? :wacko.:

How is smite an average of 2? isnt it still a D3?  Wouldnt that average out to 1.5 or am I totally failing at probability here? :wacko.:

You totally fail at it, yes. Average of 1d3 (as far as one can talk about average with a single dice roll...it's rather the expected return) is 2. :P

Archived