Brother_B's Admech project

brother_b

• 3 months later...

It’s been a long while friends. Things slowed down due to health and work. I’m back at it though having joined a slow growth league at the FLGS. My plan is too fully complete my first ever painted army, Admech. BA, Tau, and the sinister Kraken Kurt will wait for now.

The league started with a 500 point game. I took an infantry heavy list with no real heavy weapons. I hoped for power armor adversaries and dreaded facing armor. Of course I got guard as an opponent. I wasn’t able to destroy his tanks, I didn’t even target them. I did wipe out his infantry, but he did the same to me. In the end he won the game, he was not able to defeat my Dominus though. In fact I have switched to Lucius and his main guns were auto cannons. I ignored the armor penetration and made my saves.

The other opponents look fairly Imperium heavy, with a couple space wolves, 2-3 IG, a GSC, and some Nurgle.

Here was my list. I’ll probably drop TA rangers and add another unit of vanguard. I’ll then drop the grav katapbrons and pick up an onager.

Photos to follow of my new Manipulus and a shot of the battle today.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [34 PL, 500pts, 8CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Forge World Choice: Forge World: Lucius

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus [7 PL, 92pts]: Phosphor Serpenta, Relic (Lucius): The Solar Flare, Volkite Blaster
. Warlord: Warlord Trait (Lucius): Superior Bionics

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

+ Troops +

Kataphron Destroyers [10 PL, 153pts]
. Kataphron Destroyer: Heavy Grav-Cannon, Phosphor Blaster

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 77pts]: Omnispex
. Ranger Alpha: Arc Maul, Galvanic Rifle
. 2x Skitarii Ranger
. 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

Skitarii Vanguards [4 PL, 58pts]: Omnispex
. 3x Skitarii Vanguard
. Skitarii Vanguard (Plasma Caliver): Plasma Caliver
. Vanguard Alpha: Radium Carbine

+ Elites +

Sicarian Infiltrators [6 PL, 90pts]
. Infiltrator Princeps
. . Flechette Blaster and Taser Goad: Flechette Blaster, Taser Goad
. 4x Sicarian Infiltrator (Flechette/Taser): 4x Flechette Blaster, 4x Taser Goad

++ Total: [34 PL, 8CP, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edit: Yes that's two Leman Russes and 30+ infantry at 500 points. Oh well. I could have and should have brought an Onager. Next time! I do like Lucius now, I may occasionally run Stygies, especially if I get some Dragoons painted and ready. I just really like the deep strike option and the ignore -1 AP is a nice bonus. The Solar Flare is an ace item and allows for some sweet repositioning of your Tech Priest Dominus.

med_gallery_101149_13675_134644.jpg

Edited by brother_b

Here's a WIP of my Tech Priest Manipulus. I've finished the screen, I just haven't "installed" it yet. I'm kind of hesitant to do it, actually, I like the look of the model as it is.

med_gallery_101149_13675_260229.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_61499.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_328103.jpg

I must say it's nice to be back to painting and hobbying. More to come as the forge world starts to ramp up production.

• 2 weeks later...

I painted these guys for a slow growth league. We just fought at 750 points. I lost a close match to a GSC army. The first game I had no real anti-tank against astra militarum. The second game I had a hard time dealing with his light vehicles (he had a bunch) and infantry. Just not enough shots going out. I've got two weeks to come up with something at the 1000 point level. I'm 0-2 but have accumulated points based on having an entirely painted army.

I've got another 5 rangers, a plasma vanguard, TUA ranger, and Arc rifle ranger in the painting queue. I've got another leader with taser goad and phosphor pistol. I've also got 6 Kataphron destroyers primed and ready for paint. I'm finishing a second engineseer for a low points HQ option. I may go with the Vigilus detachment and paint up some servitors and try and run some Kataphrons (Kataphri?).

I think a really interesting option at 1000 points may be to put in a dragoon. I own one model, new in box. He's a pretty sweet distraction too.

On a side note, those D6 hand flamers are super legit at taking out low toughness models. He erased my vanguard easily with just 5 hybrid acolytes.

med_gallery_101149_13675_602611.jpg

My first vanguard leader with melee capability: an arc pistol and power sword. Didn't even get to swing with him. <sigh>

Edited by brother_b

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hard to believe I haven't posted in about... well 8 months! I've done some gaming, not much. Until last week that is. My son now has an army and we had our first game together.

Lets take a look at Venrus Prime, a lush, feral agri world ruled by decaying households of long forgotten noble houses. Unfortunately the world was lost for decades when the Cicatrix Maledictum spewed forth across the galaxy. Rediscovered by explorator Arks of Stygies VIII the Adeptus Mechanicus quickly reestablished contact with the ailing remnants of the Administratum still in place. Core-vents were installed throughout the planet, allowing Stygies VIII to assess the viability of establishing forges or resource reclamation projects.

Core-Vent 98 went silent, it's servitors failed to make routine data uploads, most likely a server malfunction or datajam along the fiber conduits. Dutifully Engineseer Ilo 99, two squads of skitarii, and a detachment of kataphron servitors made there way to the Core site... what they discovered would initiate a battle for the planet's survival. The Death Guard had made planetfall!

med_gallery_101149_13675_897588.jpg

Poxwalkers, a foetid bloat drone, and lord of contagion approach the lines of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

med_gallery_101149_13675_689475.jpg

med_gallery_101149_13675_9871.jpg

Rangers take up a position of cover as the Vanguard advance to engage the great despoiler's forces.

med_gallery_101149_13675_783959.jpg

The cursed demon engine and firepower from the marines begins to take a toll on the Adeptus Mechanicus.

med_gallery_101149_13675_926922.jpg

With the engineseer dead, the Vanguard scattered, and the Kataphron's destroyed the Rangers revert to defensive protocols and are swarmed by the mass of poxwalkers.

med_gallery_101149_13675_682959.jpg

The last holo-pict of the core-vent site from a hovering servo skull before transmission was lost.

We had great fun, playing an introductory game that my son enjoyed. We're set to finish another game, slowly introducing more rules (like CP, points cost, warlord traits, special items, etc).

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

The last time I posted here, and game until yesterday, was in 2019. That’s hard to believe.

Yesterday I had my first game of 9th. I loved it. We played 1000 points and whatever the basic scenario is out of the main rule book, the one with four objectives aligned in a T or cross formation. My opponent was IG, and we had the following armies.

med_gallery_101149_13675_31313.jpeg

My force was unit of arc breachers, grav destroyers, vanguard with plasma, rangers with double arc rifle, onager with neutron, infiltrators, two shooty robots, a Manipulis with Anzion’s, and TPD warlord with Engine War trait for extra hits on 6s.

My opponents force is arrayed before you, not really familiar with everything but I know he had a tank commander that proved a thorn in my side the whole game.

My secondaries were thin their ranks, raise banners, and engage on all fronts.

He had first strike, engage on all fronts, and raise the banners.

my opponent got the first turn, and he vaporized my onager. On my turn I pushed everything forward to the objectives. By doing so even though he had more units and was able to capture an early lead, my tougher units were able to hold off and finally take over three of the four objectives. I also killed two units and denied him full first strike.

The stars of the game were definitely my breachers and destroyers. They were hard for him to kill, were able to roll into his infantry and lock them down at objectives, and put out a good amount of hurt when needed. Second to that would be my robots, they held one of the objectives, charged into hand to hand combat, and locked in some ogryns. I then put them in to double shoot mode where they sat until they were destroyed. Being able to shoot into combat is just insane with those guys. Once the ogryn were killed they just mowed down his units.

Against guard my commanders were fierce. They were very hard for him to kill, scary against the weak flesh of mere S and T 3 models, and regenerated wounds.

Final score 73 to 61 Admech.

I need to finish out some more basic Vanguard and Ranger models. Just so I can field bare-bones units. Also I want to increase my breachers to five total. Either that, or two units of three.

I think a unit of three or four robots would also be very terrifying against the guard. Next time I may add another robot and see how that goes.

Finally his mortars were very effective, he rolled well but they were out of sight and I couldn’t address them. I want to make the Scorpius version that has the cannons that can fire at units out of sight. That would’ve been devastating to his army.

I forgot my Engine War book, actually I couldn’t find it, so I used a combination of battle scribe, and online resources to use the new Warlord trait. I can’t wait for our Codex and to eventually building all of the new units.

Its crazy how the small board forces quick and devastating encounters. I liked it but it felt so claustrophobic. Also we both forgot multiple rules, and had to reference the main book numerous times. That being said, the game was intuitive, and all together a great experience.

• 2 years later...

Hello fellow Tech Priests and adherents to the glory of the Omnissiah!

I’ve been playing games on and off over the last two years but obviously it’s been insane. In a rush to complete my army and have something to take to the LVO Friendly Tournament I’ve returned to my beloved gathering of Machine Worshippers.

I will be posting some new additions to my army here as I prepare for the tournament.

Obviously the best army this edition is Lucius for overall utility and ability. I of course chose to represent Stygies VIII as I love the lore of Forgeworld!

My first new models incorporate a squad of Infiltrators which will give me two to slink around the battlefield.

They've been joined by my Cybernetica Datasmith and a Technoarchaeologist.

large.E40CC18A-5574-453C-B7E1-7066B45E1E

large.6AC75984-69CC-4E22-B882-5E735E3094

large.5EEFA07C-7E3F-440D-84DA-EC4F64EA01

I apologize for the giant size of the images! Previously you could edit the size in the gallery based on how you wanted to view the image. Hopefully I can learn how to do that again. I also finished 6 Kataphron Breachers and 2 Ironstriders with autocannons.

Edited by brother_b

Here are two more images of what I've been working on. Hopefully I'll have a complete army shot for you all and then some shots from the LVO.

Two Ranger Alphas discussing the optimal location to set up their ambush points.

large.2FC0C987-EFE9-4766-8E08-B2FE8FA6AF

Kataphron Breachers move into position.

large.04C82B42-0900-49FB-BEAE-694E604C31

I look forward to the tournament but expect to get thoroughly trounced as I decided to run a fluffy Stygies VIII list and the new update to our rules will not be in play for the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the army I took to the LVO. I will likely try and get some closer shots.

Needless to say, my Stygies VIII Archaeo-Xenarite expedition had a hard time using the Nephilim rules and secondaries. I went 1-3, but had a blast over all. There were some issues for sure with the tournament, but I enjoyed it and the experience left me committed to continuing to expand my army and work on my tactics.

I'll try to make a post regarding the specific matches at a later date.

large.5452DE1D-B1C6-4606-8963-987F5A469A9F.jpeg.6a0a576a69c80b159d0c0f4cae83c419.jpeg