A Deathwatch Army Project

HorrOwl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

With a new CA it is time to post some army lists I use, maybe it will be interesting for someone :smile.:

So, 

1750 Deathwatch
== Batallion detachment: ==

HQ1: Watchmaster: Relic: The Tome of Ectoclades; Warlord: Lord of Hidden Knowledge - 115 pts

HQ2: Watch Captain in Terminator Armour: Powerfist&Meltagun,Combi Melta - 133 pts

HQ3: Inquisitor(Ordo Xenos, Psyker, Force Sword) - 63 pts
 Psy Power: 

Elite1: Venerable Dreadnought(TLLC + ML) - 140 pts
Elite2: Venerable Dreadnought(TLLC + ML) - 140 pts
Elite3: Venerable Dreadnought(TLLC + ML) - 140 pts

Troops1: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran,  2 Power Swords, 2 Chainswords, 9 Stormbolters, 5 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 197 pts
Troops2: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran,  2 Power Swords, 2 Chainswords, 9 Stormbolters, 5 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 197 pts
Troops3: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran,  2 Power Swords, 2 Chainswords, 9 Stormbolters, 5 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 197 pts

Fl1: Corvus Blackstar (TL AC, 2xCorvus Blackstar Launcher, HurricaneBolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher) - 214 pts
Fl2: Corvus Blackstar (TL AC, 2xCorvus Blackstar Launcher, HurricaneBolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher) - 214 pts

8 CP

Total:1750 pts

2000 Deathwatch
== Batallion detachment: ==
HQ1: Watchmaster: Relic: The Tome of Ectoclades; Warlord: Lord of Hidden Knowledge - 115 pts

HQ2: Watch Captain in Terminator Armour: Powerfist&Meltagun,Combi Melta - 133 pts

Troops1: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran, 1 Blackshield, 2 Power Swords, 1 Chainsword, 9 Stormbolters, 6 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 201
Troops2: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran, 1 Blackshield, 2 Power Swords, 1 Chainsword, 9 Stormbolters, 6 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 201
Troops3: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran, 1 Blackshield, 2 Power Swords, 1 Chainsword, 9 Stormbolters, 6 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 201

== Air-wing Detachment ==

Fl1: Corvus Blackstar (TL AC, 2xCorvus Blackstar Launcher, HurricaneBolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher) - 214 pts
Fl2: Corvus Blackstar (TL AC, 2xCorvus Blackstar Launcher, HurricaneBolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher) - 214 pts
Fl3: Corvus Blackstar (TL AC, 2xCorvus Blackstar Launcher, HurricaneBolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher) - 214 pts

== Vanguard Detachment ==

HQ1: Inquisitor(Ordo Xenos, Psyker, Force Sword) - 63 pts
Psy Power: 
Elite1: Acolyte(Bolter, Bolt Pistol) - 8 pts
Elite2: Acolyte(Bolter, Bolt Pistol) - 8 pts
Elite3: Acolyte(Bolter, Bolt Pistol) - 8 pts

10 CP

and 
2250:

== Batallion detachment: ==

Troops1: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran, 1 Blackshield, 2 Power Swords, 1 Chainsword, 9 Stormbolters, 6 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 201
Troops2: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran, 1 Blackshield, 2 Power Swords, 1 Chainsword, 9 Stormbolters, 6 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 201
Troops3: 10 Veterans (2 Terminators, 1 Vanguard Veteran, 1 Blackshield, 2 Power Swords, 1 Chainsword, 9 Stormbolters, 6 StormShields, 2 BoltPistols) - 201
Troops4: 5 Veterans(2 Bolters, 1 StormBolter, 3 СhainSwords, 2 FragCannons) - 112 pts
Troops5: 5 Veterans(2 Bolters, 1 StormBolter, 3 СhainSwords, 2 FragCannons) - 112 pts
Troops6: 5 Veterans(2 Bolters, 1 StormBolter, 3 СhainSwords, 2 FragCannons) - 112 pts

== Air-wing Detachment ==

Fl3: Corvus Blackstar (TL AC, 2xCorvus Blackstar Launcher, HurricaneBolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher) - 214 pts

9 CP

Total:2249 pts

From time to time I change fragteams to assassins or Inquisition but the core (dreads, SBteam, Corvus, captain and Master) stays. 
Watchcaptain is always given a Beacon Angelis.

SBteams and Captain are always in a deepstrike, dreads and corvuses  begin on a table.
Fragteams are usually in corvuses, watchmaster too .

If there are good targets for corvuses (massed infantry, tau drones, etc etc ) then on first turn watchmaster disembarks as far as he can and advance. Usually 3+ on advance is enough  for a reroll/ectoclade aura to reach a corvus that moves 20" forward. Other corvuses try to make a triangle around Master to get all juicy rerolls and tactics.  
If there are no good targets for corvuses (what is very rare indeed), Master usually stays behind with dreads. 

On a second turn corvuses stays in tight formation after move , Captain deepstrikes in center of it , SBteam land so they will be in reroll aura of a watchmaster when he will be moved by a beacon angelis to the captain. 

Of course there are armies that can't be dealt with massed bolter fire - Knights for example. In that case you'll have to play for objective control with corvuses trying to block Knights from controlling objectives by flying onto markers and shooting allied infantry.

Edited by HorrOwl

the most common rate of attrition is one corvus in a round

I wish I had three Corvus Blackstar to use but I bet it looks pretty good on the table top, do they get focused or do people ignore them at that ammount?

the most common rate of attrition is one corvus in a round

same for the dreads

Do you play many 2250 games?

actually, yes

my community makes 2 types of tournaments: " 1 day-3 games 1750 " and "2 days 4 games 2250" so i usually play 1750 and 2250 points games

I like the lists, do you ever use stalker pattern boltguns? How are your troops 1,2,3 setup? Hard to know with the commas who has what, ie 2 term + 8 marines, the power swords are for ther terms etc?

Really like the plentiful corvus's and dreads!

//I like the lists, do you ever use stalker pattern boltguns?//

Nope. 

I preffer sheer firepower. 

Also, stalkers are heavy so -1 after teleportation.

I would consider them if they allow to target characters or someting like that, though.

//How are your troops 1,2,3 setup? Hard to know with the commas who has what, ie 2 term + 8 marines, the power swords are for ther terms etc?//

2 terminators SB & PW each (for soaking low ap wounds)

1 Vanguard veteran with dual bolt pistols (i like the idea of a gunfighter marine, maybe later make another 3 with pistols and shields) for shooting after retreat

1 Blackshield with SB and Shield 

5 veterans with SB and Shield (high ap wounds)

Sergeant with chainsword and SB

Edited by HorrOwl

I think giving Stalkers the sniper rule would break the game beyond repair, just because you can field so many. Would be nice but having 30+ marines with Character tactical nukes sounds fun?

I still find it hard to hit that 10 model number with the double Battalion I like to field, it is nice to see them on the table though!

// Would be nice but having 30+ marines with Character tactical nukes sounds fun?//

Primaris eliminators don't need even LOS.

Necrons don't seem to spam deathmarks  etc etc , so I don't think so.

Anyway, I'm ok with stormbolters. :)

//I still find it hard to hit that 10 model number with the double Battalion I like to field, it is nice to see them on the table though!//

Maximum sized units are much easier to deploy via deepstrike, to buff with  watchmaster etc, so for me it was quite obvious

• 1 month later...

And now, something different: a deathwatch killteam for... um... killteam!

Honestly, I have never played KT yetm but it was interesting to try and make "a truescale" killteam. 
It was made obviously from intercessors with some conversions and kitbashing. 
I quite like the result but , of course won't be  making a whole army of them

Main view
majWKWc9sIs.jpg

From one side
gMi_EL6K9PI.jpg

And from another
SELJfwM7Tqc.jpg

With 'not a truescale' marine for size comparison
waUz-slsSsM.jpg

just a random photo
my5NLHi0_PQ.jpg
Edited by HorrOwl

Excellent work on the models

Thanks!

Are they wearing camouflage? The blue armor keeps reminding me of the Ultramarines.

No, it is a shades of grey. I tried to make  a light reflections on a black armour

Edited by HorrOwl

• 9 months later...

A new suppliment is on upon this army and Deathwatch adapts, as ever. :smile.:

So, Deathwatch is now an offshot of "Vanilla" SM, we're saying "Goodbye!" to SIA and "Hello!" to... thunderhammers! \

The current roster is:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Patrol Detachment:

HQ1: Captain (Relic Blade, StormShield)- 105
Warlord: Paragon of their chapter (Ultramarines:Adept of the Codex)
Relic: Dominus Aegis
Elite1: Venerable Dreadnought (MultiMelta + Dread. Close Combat Weapon+Storm Bolter) - 140
Troops1: Deathwatch Veterans (9): 4 Veterans (Stormbolter+StormShield), Blackshield(chainsword + thunderhammer), 1 Veteran (Heavy Thunder Hammer), 2 Veteran (Stormbolter + chainsword) , Sergeant (Stormbolter +Thunder Hammer) - 255
Troops2: Deathwatch Veterans (9): 4 Veterans (Stormbolter+StormShield), Blackshield(chainsword + thunderhammer), 1 Veteran (Heavy Thunder Hammer), 2 Veteran (Stormbolter + chainsword) , Sergeant (Stormbolter +Thunder Hammer) - 255
Fly1: Corvus(TwinAssaultCannon, 2 Corvus launchers, Hurricane Bolter, Auspex Array) - 200
Fly2: Corvus(TLAC, TL CBL Hurricane, Auspex Array) - 200
Patrol Detachment #2 (-2 CP)
HQ1: Chaplain(Master of Sanctity) - 105
Relic: Beacon Angelis(-1 CP)
Trait: Wise Orator (-1 CP)
Litanies: Litany of hate, Exhortation of rage, Cantitle of hate
Elite1: Venerable Dreadnought (MM + CCW +SB) - 140
Elite2: Venerable Dreadnought (MM + CCW +SB) - 140
Troops3: Deathwatch Veterans (9): 4 Veterans (Stormbolter+StormShield), Blackshield(chainsword + thunderhammer), 1 Veteran (Heavy Thunder Hammer), 2 Veteran (Stormbolter + chainsword) , Sergeant (Stormbolter +Thunder Hammer) - 255
Fly1: Corvus(TLAC, TL CBL Hurricane, Auspex Array) - 200
8 CP
1998 pts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The game plan is quite simple: A Captain and Dreadnoughts most of the time hold deployment zone(Captain give them 5++, replenish CP and give rerolls), 2 teams of Veterans begin in teleportarium, a Chaplain and a 3rd killteam deploys in one of the Corvuses.
On a first turn that corvus in untargettable via strategem. On a second Chaplain disembark, spell "+2 to charge" via strategem and 2 team teleporting so they can benefit from aura(so they would need only 7 on 2D6 to make a successful charge) then begins the hammertime.
Alternatively it can be played defensively using teleporting teams as a countercharge.

There is a lot of shooting (31 stormbolter, 3 hurricane bolters, 3 TL AC, 6 corvus launchers ), a lot of melee (9 thunderhammers, 3 dread CCW's) so you can play whatever you like. :smile.:
And now some photos:
In all the glory:
gallery_5471_16762_608971.jpg
Command Section:
gallery_5471_16762_180740.jpg
Killteam Alpha:
gallery_5471_16762_312633.jpg
Killteam Beta:
gallery_5471_16762_380825.jpg
Killteam Gamma:
gallery_5471_16762_451637.jpg

A Corvus Wing: