Sly Marbo returns!

Seahawk

Where does it say that he can only be taken in a Catachan detachment?

He's a named character with the Regiment <Catachan> keyword? I know for a fact that you're going to lose the Catachan bonus if you include those assassins in the same unit, I'm just uncertain if you can include a named character with a regiment in a non homogeneous detachment without satisfying the Advisers rule.

I plan on using Marbo as the HQ for my Assassins Vanguard detachment... It's true that he isn't as killy as say an Eversor, but I think you can get a lot of mileage out of his flexibility.

Fairly certain you can't do that. Marbo can only be taken in a Catachan detachment, which it won't be because you added in non Regiment <Catachan> units.

You'd be taking him in an Imperium detachment, in this case, which is perfectly legal. Now, because it isn't a Catachan detachment, he wouldn't get +1 strength, but that isn't a big deal.

If you throw him into a non catachan detachment everything in that detachment will lose regimental rules.

You can pay 1CP and take him as an auxiliary choice if you want him in a Cadian force or other for example.

I have cadians, but the idea of a vanguard with marbo (dutch), platoon commander (Dillon), Harker (blain), platoon command (hawkins, poncho, mac and billy) and a Valkyrie (with a bluetooth speaker inside blaring Long Tall Sally) is super tempting.....

What an excellent idea :)

That may well be something I'd give a go... apart from the Valkyrie... Hmmm :)

What an excellent idea :smile.:

That may well be something I'd give a go... apart from the Valkyrie... Hmmm :smile.:

Maybe some kinda squat inspired underground transport device? :biggrin.:

Maybe :D ... 

But you have to start somewhere... 

Here's the finished Sven Marbo :) :

xseTfI0.jpg

I have cadians, but the idea of a vanguard with marbo (dutch), platoon commander (Dillon), Harker (blain), platoon command (hawkins, poncho, mac and billy) and a Valkyrie (with a bluetooth speaker inside blaring Long Tall Sally) is super tempting.....

... With a Genestealer as the Jungle hunter? Or a Tau Stealth Suit?

• 1 month later...