Sly Marbo returns!

Seahawk

Found the original poster:

(Not one to take credit)

From reddit:

Saw Marbos Rules.

u/corrin_avatan

HQ, 4 power level. Catachan, Astra, Imperium, Sly Marbo.

Str 3, t 3, 5+ armor. 2 for ws and bs, 4 wounds, cannot take Warlord Trait or take orders.

3 shot pistol that always wounds Infantry on a 2, no ap.

4 attacks, Knife always wounds on a 2 against infantry.

You can set him up for deep strike, and when he comes in, pick 1 of 3 options:

Shoot a unit, ignoring the Character rule until the next turn, rule calls out he specifically shoots when he arrives, and can then shoot again during the actual shooting phase.

Stalk with Knife, roll a d6 and move that many inches, and gain +2 attacks until the start of the next movement phase.

Concealed explosives, pick a unit, roll a d6, add 1 if unit has more than 10 models, -1 if it is a character. On 4+ d3 mortal wounds, 7+ d6 mortal wounds.

Fighting a Shadow: 1 / battle, at the beginning of your movement phase, if no enemy within 6 inches, Marbo goes back into deep strike, and can be redeployed the next turn. Procing his "show up" ability again.

EDIT:. I FORGOT UNTIL NOW, Marbo gets +2 in cover instead of +1.

It's in all official GW stores. They'll have him here in France, I just checked with my local GW.

Not available in non-GW stores in France either.

Not available online in 2017, but next year yes , we don't know when yet .

Edited by Isolia

Those rules are pretty stupid, he’ll have to cost 120 points or more.

Why? He doesn’t seem any better than for example an eversor assasin and that is 70. In many dimensions Sly is actually worse (less attacks, doesn’t explode, less survivability etc), only things he has going for him is wounding on 2+ and the return to deepstrike (which seems very situational because it can only trigger in round 2 and makes him miss 1 round).

Edited by Finkmilkana

Hitting and wounding (infantry only) on 2+ while being able to reposition himself quickly and being a Character is pretty damn strong. Now it just depends on his weapons AP and Damage stat. If he has AP0 all the wounding on 2+ is not worth that much. If he has AP-3 he'd be an extremely strong infantry killer.

He does seem better than an Eversor.

Guardsman defensive stats and no invuln.

Pretty much this

He could die pretty easy to overwatch. I wouldn't assume anything just yet about how strong he is.

He looks solid disruption for less than 100pts, I mean its not like old Marbo was destroying armies on his own either so this is perfectly fine support for an army that's sending a bunch of other units into the fray allowing Marbo or other units to get their job done, like Marines or Stormtroopers.

GW just HAD TO veer back into the old left field skullduggery. Marbo won't be available at your FLGS, they even won't be able to order him for the 100% MSRP, nope. He's Mail Order and sold _ONLY_ via the Games Workshop store.

Sigh.

What, where'd they announce this.

Not sure if they said it outright, my supplier was refused an order and given this reason - online purchases only.

GW just HAD TO veer back into the old left field skullduggery. Marbo won't be available at your FLGS, they even won't be able to order him for the 100% MSRP, nope. He's Mail Order and sold _ONLY_ via the Games Workshop store.

Sigh.

What, where'd they announce this.
Not sure if they said it outright, my supplier was refused an order and given this reason - online purchases only.
Weird, as far as I know mine already has theirs in stock in the back (I volunteer at my local GW). Try looking at others?

Again, it's GW official stores only (no non-GW retailer) next week, then online order only next year as far as we know.

Basically if your storekeeper doesn't wear the official GW shirt / polo, you're gonna have to wait for online ordering or have a trip to one of the brand stores.

It's written up there a few posts before. The source is every GW official store manager around, at least in Paris and we have 7 or 8 shops I the area =)

Edited by Isolia

So being in the middle of Alaska, that makes the closest official GW store...British Columbia. That’s only 1400 miles away, easy drive!

For some reason I’m not a fan of GW store exclusives.

That's why I'm not either, even though I mostly buy in GW stores and there are quite a few around me. The policy is so backwards compared to the efforts made to become more current, such as the WC team and site Edited by Isolia

So being in the middle of Alaska, that makes the closest official GW store...British Columbia. That’s only 1400 miles away, easy drive!

For some reason I’m not a fan of GW store exclusives.

That's why I'm not either, even though I mostly buy in GW stores and there are quite a few around me. The policy is so backwards compared to the efforts made to become more current, such as the WC team and site

It’s not a GW store exclusive. It’s having an early 1 day limited release in GW stores, but will be available online later.