New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

Yep, but nope.

Coz: Rule of Cool ;)

I have a couple of RW flyers (unpainted) for my RW, a THawk for my Greenwing, so my DW and their Dreads need an attached flyer now; again that is coz: Rule of Cool

I might need two :lol:

Yep, but nope.

Coz: Rule of Cool ;)

I have a couple of RW flyers (unpainted) for my RW, a THawk for my Greenwing, so my DW and their Dreads need an attached flyer now; again that is coz: Rule of Cool

I might need two :lol:

I'd still like a Thunderhawk as well. The new model looks fantastic. Shame it got a massive point boost though, so using it really isn't an option anymore. Still, someday, when I have nothing else to add... :P

I'll be getting two Ravens though!

Edited by Helycon

I'd still like a Thunderhawk as well. The new model looks fantastic. Shame it got a massive point boost though, so using it really isn't an option anymore. Still, someday, when I have nothing else to add... :tongue.:

I'll be getting two Ravens though!

I'm just glad they were well costed for a few months, got in half a dozen games with it before the deathnerf.

I never thought I'd achieve that many games so it's all good.

It really wasn't that overpowered, I won a couple against soft lists (with superheavies though), drew a couple against tough lists (blobs etc), and lost a couple against high end tourney lists (Magnus and knights etc.); so I thought it was about right.

But wise old GeeDub knows best after all ;)

So, with the news that cataphractii being available, I've putzed around with some math hammer and it looks like Storm Bolter + Single Lightning claw is the most point efficient terminator for killing chaff and (generally) T3 targets, and its more survivable than normal storm bolter termies as a benefit.

I'm not having much luck figuring out what Tartarus are good for, though, unless its just to work reaper autocannons into a list.

You are correct about the Cataphractii - excellent, cheap Termies that have better survivability than other claw variants.

Tartaros are just more fancy, faster moving Tactical Termies with slightly better shooting and weapon variety. Cheap though at 26 points per model before wargear.

Also, I'm seeing people are taking a shining to Primaris (good! They are great!)

If you're running two squads of Hellblasters it's really worth considering a Repulsor Tank. I ran two in a game today and demolished my opponent.

Edited by Ishagu

I'd still like a Thunderhawk as well. The new model looks fantastic. Shame it got a massive point boost though, so using it really isn't an option anymore. Still, someday, when I have nothing else to add... :tongue.:

So, if I don't buy CA, I can use the old price? ;)

So, if I don't buy CA, I can use the old price? ;)

Most super-heavy units got kicked to apocalypse pointcosts. A titan now starts at 2k for a Warhound.

But technically, yes. That also means you don't get the benefits of the new Fire Raptor points etc though ;)

So, if I don't buy CA, I can use the old price? :wink:

Most super-heavy units got kicked to apocalypse pointcosts. A titan now starts at 2k for a Warhound.

But technically, yes. That also means you don't get the benefits of the new Fire Raptor points etc though :wink:

Fire raptor is looking better and better now...

So, if I don't buy CA, I can use the old price? :wink:

In a word, yes

Erm, in a word No.

If a player plops down some now adjusted FW unit in a game, his opponent is perfectly entitled to point out that it's cost has been changed and the list is no longer possible.

If I see a Warhound Titan + anything else in a 2k list I'll immediately know the new points aren't being used for example.

Edited by Ishagu

Speed of the Raven should make RW happy. Forgive me, I'm not doing a screen capture, but 1 CP and you can advance, shoot, and charge in the same turn.

Goodness that is really good. Do you still take the -1 to hit from advancing?

Speed of the Raven should make RW happy. Forgive me, I'm not doing a screen capture, but 1 CP and you can advance, shoot, and charge in the same turn.

Its on Facebook, the stratagem card suggests nothing about any negatives.

Its on Facebook, the stratagem card suggests nothing about any negatives.

But that is in the profile of assault weapon, we need faq to clarify that...  

Some things from the stream:

Sableclaw and Talonmasters cannot be targeted as per usual character rules.

A lot of Ravenwing points decreases.

Jink is now 4++

No sacred standards

Azrael's lion helm only affects infantry and biker

No Deathwing leiutenant

Stasis shells are coming back as a 1CP stratagem that is 2+ to hit and deals D3 mortal wounds

Did anybody watch the Stream ? I was late for the part where they were discussing the codex and I'm curious if they revealed something new.

Aye, people seem to have watched it :) I suggest reading the last page-and-a-half or so, most of the info is there, as well as in this topic.