New releases for Dark Angels

Chaplain Raeven

Posted · Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, December 4, 2017 - yep. he didn't learn the lesson
Hidden by Chaplain Lucifer, December 4, 2017 - yep. he didn't learn the lesson

Yeah, if we can add the Land Speeder Storm and Stormraven to the list of things they told us today, I will have only two reasons to ever look at using the standard marine codex (Thunderfire and characters).

Not gonna lie, the possibilities of having the LSS and scout bikes have me quite pleased. 6th was the only time I've been able to semi effectively run tenth company, and Grim Resolve as it is actually helps the sniper elements of the tenth quite a bit. I'll just have to see what bike HQs we have left when the dust settles.

I didnt think about snipers. After my two razor backs, predator and black knights I might get some painted. (At my current painting rate I’ve penciled them in for 2020. If I get a rush on I might have them finished for Dwayne’s inauguration)

You're a Dark Angel, it makes sense to honour The Rock.

I think he's talking about a different Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho :)

unydJm7.gif

Sorry if I’m a bit slow on this one but I have only just noticed the DA chapter symbol on the primaris shoulders is distinctly different to the symbol on the standard upgrade set. (It more like the 30k legion symbol. Oddly it’s also closer to pop goes the monkeys angel legion shoulders)

It has probably just become easier to cast more detailed pieces like the ornate emblem. Small detail like that is something you would expect for resin pieces.

The scorn on those two DA heads is so big you can almost feel it punch your face. Well done GW!

'You want to become a sergeant? Heck no, you're spawn from Guilliman, we don't know if you're from our geneseed.'

*Scowls Dark Angel-y*

'My mistake, seems like you're ours after all. Here's your sword.'

*Leans on the sword Dark Angel-y*

*Starts panting* 'Man, that's just perfect. I haven't seen Geneseed that strong since Sergeant Carl from the Deathwing. You're promoted, here's your plasma pistol and robe.'

*Grabs Plasma pistol and smirks like a madman*

*Faints from overdose 'Dark Angelness'*

Edited by GreyRavenC

Well mum has been in labour since 6.30 this morning, so about 11 hours so far.

Fingers crossed we'll see him this evening.

I doubt I'll be painting tonight, lol

Hope all went well! We just had our second on the 12th; so the memory of dreadful excitement is still fresh.

Edited by Othniel's Blade

Looks like no Lieutenants for Deathwing :sad.:

If it wasn't mentioned, doesn't mean we have none. With that logic we don't get anything not mentioned in the article.

RW lieutenants are awesome. Instead of 1 Sammael on speeder, we can get two and a sammael on jetbike. Gotta paint Sammy and them land speeders.

Boy oh boy, It's a tough choice. Black knights are awesome now, as well as hellblasters, these guys will obliterate the living hell with S-9 shots with rerolls of 1. 

Uber dakka-speeders support other speeders making them deadly as hell. 

I'm so hyped right now!

I really like that they detailed that the Lion’s Roar is a combi-plasma blaster. I don’t know why, I just think it’s really awesome for some reason.

Everything sounds really cool so far, and they are definitely running with the plasma fetish (not complaining), which is nice now that there is so much to make the plasma weapons worth the risk of taking them.

If it wasn't mentioned, doesn't mean we have none. With that logic we don't get anything not mentioned in the article.

The exact sentence is: "In the Dark Angels, this has been expanded to include the Ravenwing – the legendary, all-mounted 2nd Company of the Unforgiven.". The wording leaves little for interpretation since it doesn't say for example "include the legendary Dark Angel's Companies, including Deathwing". I didn't however say we necessarily we won't get them since whomever wrote this might have not been told about them.

But I guess by your interpretation "looks like" means "100% confirmed".

I both enjoy and hate the fact they're tight-lipped about the things they're adding, beside the models already mentioned :P .

And I feel that Grim Resolve isn't amazing, but not bad either. It does't do a whole lot for Deathwing and Ravenwing, since they'll be moving most of the time, are small uints, or immune to morale anyway. Someone stated in the other topic it was odd that terminators where mentioned, since they have the Unforgiven rule, which makes them immune, which is odd. 

The Lieutenants are great, I love the fact they went the extra mile and made the RW Lieutenants Land Speeders with specific weaponry. I realise it's 'just Sableclaw', but it's cool nonetheless. 

We also get Kill Shot, which is a pretty good stratagem. 

The Weapons from the Dark Age stratagem is amazing. It's a BIG boost to anything with plasma. Hellblasters, as mentioned in the article, come to mind. I'm not sure which of the profiles is best though...The regular one is more shots within 15".

I'd actually advocate Plasma Canon dev's in the category as well, since they can (if you roll well) pump out 12 shots. Same applies to the Land Speeder Vengeance, which is also pretty amazing. Sadly, you need to use it before the unit does anything, which means you can whiff that roll. Plasma Inceptors can also be pretty cool, since they have 6 shots minimum, and can have 18 shots. 

Hunt the Fallen is fluffy and sort of useful to make charges easier, which is nice for DWK that Deep strike in. Their mobility afterwards is pretty terrible, so it'll help. 

Fortress of Shields is...OK. I'd rather have it last a full round. It makes more sense to march forward behind the shields, than it does in the fight phase.

I'm curious to see what the Inner Circle rule will mean... 

Huntsman is...fun. Can be nice in conjunction with the aforementioned Techmarine shenanigans.

Lion's Roar is pretty cool. it's fun to see that it's actuall a Plasma Talon and not a Plasma Gun. Not sure how many of my characters have combi-plasmas though (save my Dark Vengeance Company Master). 

The first part of Brilliant Strategist is laughable at best. It's the latter that is the actual trait, and it's good. I reckon this will be an auto take for most people. 

Both Mind Wipe and Trephination are VERY good, and at warp charge 7, you'll pull it off most of the time. I feel I'll be running Librarians a lot of the time, and Ezekiel will be a staple. 

So far so good. Nothing over the top broken, but fluffy and strong.

We may still get Deathwing lieutenants.  Since the traditional command squad is gone the left over two dudes from the deathwing box could become them.  

I hope we do, that would be great - especially if they also granted an additional benefit to Deathwing members like the Ravenwing one does. However as mentioned the article uses specific wording. I am hoping for a pleasant surprise though.

Personally I'm more interested in what Deathwing and Inner Circle will do since we once again can give our Land Raiders special rules. Wish we didn't have to use up a CP to grant them to the Dread as well though.

I quite like what we've seen. The army feels very much like they will need to get into position turn 1-2, including bikes and Deathwing, then anchor down and hammer opponents with rerolls. Rhinos could be very useful to get Marines into place, and as mentioned above I'm going to have to look at plasma cannons in my tactical squads over my current grav cannon set up. Bit disappointed that masters aren't automatically Inner Circle, and that Deathwing/Ravenwing don't seem to benefit from the trait that much. I think bringing support characters for those units are going to be essential to get the most out of them.

Edit - Grim Resolve also seems to affect vehicles from what I can tell. Could be good if you run static tanks...

Edited by Kobrakei

I'm going to guess that venerable dreads will have inner circle innately and that you'll really only need to use the strat for contemptors. Also liking most of what I see, except for that lion and the wolf hogwash strat. Could use some better relics than Lion's Roar too. While I like the addition of lieutenants I will also miss Sammael's speeder and hope that they have bike mounted lieutenant options.

RW lieutenants are awesome. Instead of 1 Sammael on speeder, we can get two and a sammael on jetbike. Gotta paint Sammy and them land speeders.

Boy oh boy, It's a tough choice. Black knights are awesome now, as well as hellblasters, these guys will obliterate the living hell with S-9 shots with rerolls of 1.

I'm so hyped right now!

Where do you see S9 shots, the strategem is +1 damage...way better imo.

Great to finally get some information on the codex!!

So the hunt the fallen rule could be good. With the ease of multicharge this edition very easy to declare the character a target and go charge something else with re rolls to charge distance.

The +1 damage plasma is just amazing. Overcharging that's 3damage plasma. Depending on how good the plasma units in the codex are - I'm looking at our overcosted black knights- this could be very very good.

Both warlord traits are very good. The hunts man is good for some character sniping. The CP regen one will be good if the codex is very CP heavy. ( I also play csm and would kill for that one as I use all my cp turn one )

Grim resolve just looks ok. It's not amazing but just ok. Let's hope ravenwing traits give more than a 5++ jink.

Also lieutenant on a speeder is needed for ravenwing so that's great and it looks like they are going to put out a lot of dakka as well.

Not excited for the deathwing stuff. Hopefully there is something better as I love my deathwing knights.

I'm so hyped right now!

Where do you see S9 shots, the strategem is +1 damage...way better imo.

overcharged plasma and +1 from the stratagem?

Well now I’ve seen the two frowning sgt heads I know why the lieutenant has such a smug smile. Hes the one that got through the promotion board.

Seriously though I love the new Ravenwing Lieutenants what a great way to utilize the bits on the ravenwing upgrade sprue. I will have to add it to my ever expanding list of things to build and paint. Looks like there is a lot of synergy in the ravenwing. Let’s hope points aren’t prohibitive and Deathwing gets the same love.

Very excited.

Confused about the terminators. From what i understand the unforgiven rule will be changed or removed.

Weapons from the Dark age is superb. Plasma love for everyone. Gotta equip every heavy tactical with plasma cannon now :biggrin.:

I think we need to wait a bit more, they just not opening all cards. It's confirmed that we'll have DEATHWING keyword and "Inner Circle" ability, we even have a stratagem that will add this keyword to master, dread or LR. 

Patience :smile.:

Edited by Komodo