Raven Guard Resolutions

Cordova

I think you’re on the right track with Double Battalion if your going for a competitive mono-Dex build. Too many units are over-costed for their effectiveness to go for a Brigade.

BTW: new camo pattern ... sick man ;) You’re definitely not afraid of detail work :)

• 2 weeks later...

Both great choices!
Aggressors are amazing! Especially with SftS!

On my way to work this morning I was debating whether or not I should grab the renegade box too! Its just such awesome value!
Although not sure I actually need 5 IKs? 

Aggressors built and primed. They do not have the danging gubbins around their waists, because stealthy marines don't need clanky shrines dangling by their groins...

A man after my own heart. I built my RG Aggressors the same way. Carrying a reliquary round your waist might suit the Dark Angels or Black Templars, but it doesn’t seem right for the sons of Corax.

I have now painted them - massive speed for me, largely assisted by a power cut and broken down car forcing me to do something...

Anyway, I have another unit on order, then I only need some scout bikers to complete all I need for my 1750 list.

Question: I have about 13 Space Marine bikes knocking about, and about 13 spare Scouts...have any of you ever converted regular bikers to scouts bikers? Or do any of you have any ideas as to how feasible this is?

Do you mean bikes w/o riders?

Sorry, yeah - I have about 8 without riders and a further 5(?) that I think I can hoik from their saddles.

I'm just not sure about the bulkiness and wondered if anyone had tried it, before I sat down and did so...

I think it could be done.  Consider them "armored scouts" or "recon en force".  Consider in 30K the outriders had powered armored dudes on bikes between the current versions of the standard and scout bikes.

I am not finding examples of Scout dudes on regular bikes so you could be a pioneer :tu:

I think it could be done. Consider them "armored scouts" or "recon en force". Consider in 30K the outriders had powered armored dudes on bikes between the current versions of the standard and scout bikes.

I am not finding examples of Scout dudes on regular bikes so you could be a pioneer :thumbsup:

I'll see if I can knock something together... I may be lazy and just buy some though...

Other things though, Aggressors are done (bases etc as usual to be done at a later point...)

med_gallery_68825_13508_290135.jpg

Managed to squeeze in a game against some Tau. They were using the Borkan traits, which is also stupid. So. Many. Shots.

Anyway, here are a few photos I grabbed (for anyone interested...)

med_gallery_68825_13508_543540.jpg

Deployment - he spread two big Fire warrior blobs into the two big ruins at the back. One was then supported by a Hammerhead and some XV25s. He had XV8s in Manta strike. I had a HammerCaptain, Aggressors, Hellblasters and LC VV in StfS.

med_gallery_68825_13508_29871.jpg

I StfS-ed in...Lots died to shooting, and 10 wounds on the Hammerhead thanks to the Hellblasters. I then charged with the Cap and the HB - largely to then be able to pile in to the cover.

The Captain wrecked it...and it went Kaboom. I lost 3 VV to the explosion (2 died to overwatch), 3 Hellblaster and 3 wounds on the Captain. However, it also killed his Hammerhead, Cadre Fireblade and pushed the 2 Firewarrior squads to breaking (they all died in Morale). The game pretty much pivoted here at the top of turn 1...

med_gallery_68825_13508_846435.jpg

The Captain then made it across the backfield and squished another Fireblade before slowly wading through the Firewarriors for a while.

The middle of the board was his XV25s, Firewarriors and other XV8s. It just became a rolling 'mare of markerlights and pulse shots, leading to:

med_gallery_68825_13508_164699.jpg

The only VV (the second squad sergeant) making it though literal walls of pulse shots, to carve up the remaining Fireblade (he then died next turn to an XV8, but I'm ignoring that...)

He conceded at T4, when he had 15 Firewarriors left.

Last bonus shot:

med_gallery_68825_13508_94545.jpg

Sniper Scouts looking out (I love these guys) - they chipped away at the XV8s and some Firewarriors to great effect.

So yeah. There we go - it was fun and the random explosion certainly made it memorable.

Good effort.

It's derived from Anglo-Saxon/Old English, the word:  hwitloc

Which means 'having white or bright shining hair'.

Eventually all Sergeants will have a name that is a reference to someone or something, largely to amuse myself.

• 1 month later...

So, due to work, family and life in general, it has been a quiet month in the hobby for me.

However, there are some recent arrivals to bolster my chances of finally being able to call my Dark Eagles finished...(until I buy more marines...)

A second squad of Aggressors (just bare plastic at the minute...)

med_gallery_68825_13508_157947.jpg

And something I would like some help with...

As I think I have mentioned before, I want 5 Scout bikers - however, I don't want to fork out Edited by Cordova

Double post, but was having issues trying to edit these in to the previous post.

I have built up 3 SBs - the fourth's green stuff is curing and the fifth is still in small pieces. However, I'm pretty pleased with these, so thought I'd share:

Sergeant

med_gallery_68825_13508_546620.jpg

And two bikers

med_gallery_68825_13508_119716.jpg

med_gallery_68825_13508_593097.jpg

Thoughts/comments appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished off a Lieutenant, although I also realised I haven't got any images of the first.

So, second Lieutenant:

sml_gallery_68825_13508_16922.jpgsml_gallery_68825_13508_53211.jpg

Awaiting some more bases for the bikers, then that job is also done (apart from painting).

Once they're done, I'm down to basing and transfers to complete the whole company. So...close...to...the...end...

I like the bikes and would have no trouble facing them - they're obviously scouts. I would like a picture of them when painted all parked up outside a bar please!

I like the gritty feel of your finished guys too.

One question - were those Tau pretending to be Striking Scorpions?:smile.:

Oh and I'll always look at any in game pictures.

I like the bikes and would have no trouble facing them - they're obviously scouts. I would like a picture of them when painted all parked up outside a bar please!

I like the gritty feel of your finished guys too.

One question - were those Tau pretending to be Striking Scorpions?:smile.:

Oh and I'll always look at any in game pictures.

I'm awaiting some bases for them all and then I shall oblige the images of the completed scouts.  I appreciate the comment - I saw that yours are the more ambitious quartered scheme, you'd have to pay me for that...I like my marines dirty and worn.

And yeah, I think they were just confused. That green is, frankly, quite an upsetting shade...but it was, at least, toned down by being given a lovely wash of Tau blood...