Mort's BA-Dex Observations.

Morticon

That being said, they pull ahead at the cost of risking to lose them and each loss being 2d3 shots less next time.

They aren't bad, far from it, and when I feel like my Hellblaster are going to get focussed too much during the first turn so I can't use them properly I will definitely switch to Plasma Inceptors instead ... however as long as Hellblaster do their job fine I'll prefer them over Plasma Inceptors. This of course is entirely local-meta dependent so I can't and won't say one is superior over the other.

How you finding the hellblasters? And how do you use them with their limited mobility? 

That being said, they pull ahead at the cost of risking to lose them and each loss being 2d3 shots less next time.

They aren't bad, far from it, and when I feel like my Hellblaster are going to get focussed too much during the first turn so I can't use them properly I will definitely switch to Plasma Inceptors instead ... however as long as Hellblaster do their job fine I'll prefer them over Plasma Inceptors. This of course is entirely local-meta dependent so I can't and won't say one is superior over the other.

How you finding the hellblasters? And how do you use them with their limited mobility? 

Since my time is pretty limited lately and I decided to finish one squad after another I don't have any real experience with them yet. I just know that they look awesome, their weapon is impressive and nobody complained about them being weak so far. :P

Next on my list to finish after my 5 Reiver are two more Intercessor squads and then a few characters and after those I do my five Hellblaster and my final 5 Intercessors ... maybe I should open an army project thread on my own lol

I don't run Primaris currently myself, but fight them somewhat commonly now.

The Heavy version Hellblasters are good for parking in a fire lane. See Devastators/Predaators tho really when you consider some IMO.

I would perhaps consider them over Inceptors because of drop zone availability and other my vets getting queued up I suppose.

Really I would just run something else for fire support with Blood Angels prolly; not that they suck, I just haven't bought any and may not.

The Plasma Inceptors are good for backfield work and can be good character assassins I have found (being on the recieving end of such shenanigans).

Tho proximity to the enemy seems to mean they get one shot at glory and are kinda costly it seems to me really tho.

I suppose they could be further distractions pulling fire off the veterans waiting to charge or somesuch. But ASM etc with Meltas do that too and can sling some CQC a bit better I feel  =) Anyhow, our chapter trait/strats seem to have better synergy with these Inceptors over Hellblasters perhaps.

I think it depends some on which formation you are building towards and obviosly which models you own too.

Doubt I would spam any of them myself if I ever get around to buying any.

Back in my day you used a landspeeder and you were happy with that...

So get off the lawn ya danged primaris with your fancy boots I already bought and converted prettier BA marines awhile back... :wink:

Good luck in your games this weekend Morticon !!

Remember even Napolean said he would rather have lucky generals... :cool.:

I would perhaps consider them over Inceptors because of drop zone availability and other my vets getting queued up I suppose.

Highlighting because this is such a valid strategic point.

I just played a game against a deepstrike-heavy Tau list where I took second turn. It was alarming how much of the board my opponent was able to close off to my own reserves to put it mildly. Fortunately there were a few holes in key places but if he'd been more careful I could have been in trouble. 

I just played a game against a deepstrike-heavy Tau list where I took second turn. It was alarming how much of the board my opponent was able to close off to my own reserves to put it mildly. Fortunately there were a few holes in key places but if he'd been more careful I could have been in trouble. 

Its why i feel scouts are auto-include in tourament lists 

The models are so ugly though :unsure.:

Either Scouts or lots of Intercessors/Tacticals deployed in a way that you can make room for your own reserves when needed, yes. Scouts obviously are the better choice for such shenanigans tho.

I would love to discuss how to best utilise scouts vs lists with nurglins or scouts. If we both can sieze ground/deny ground outside our DZ, how would you place the scouts and why.

I am running a theoretical scenario: You have 6 scout units and the opponent has 3x3 bases of nurglings and can put blood letter hordes in reserve (by spending cp they can deep stike and assault 3d6).

We alternate placing units. Would the "best" deployment be to grab the absoulute centerfield? or place the first drop (scouts) somewhere else?

I would love to discuss how to best utilise scouts vs lists with nurglins or scouts. If we both can sieze ground/deny ground outside our DZ, how would you place the scouts and why.

I am running a theoretical scenario: You have 6 scout units and the opponent has 3x3 bases of nurglings and can put blood letter hordes in reserve (by spending cp they can deep stike and assault 3d6).

We alternate placing units. Would the "best" deployment be to grab the absoulute centerfield? or place the first drop (scouts) somewhere else?

Yes.  I would make my first deploy of the process the scouts.  In fact, its the first question I ask opponents about their lists- if they have units that can deploy up field, or "infiltrate" - if its a yes, then scouts go down first and they take center field, or otherwise an area that I need denied (usually an area of  dead zone to prevent enemy drops). 

This will all depend on whether or not the opponent has either striking units or extra movement units though.  If not, the bubble doesnt become too important, and i'll castle up far more strongly.  

Found out that there is going to be a VERY mixed meta.  Because of the small amount of local players it really is going to be anyone's game.  

My final list is as follows:

Miner - Kurovs Aquila, Grand Strat (Aux)

Captain - Wing, Hammer, Shield

Chaplain - JP

Mephiston

5x Tacticals - Lascannon

5x Scouts - HB, Bolters

5x Scouts - HB, 2Bolters, 2 CCW

5x Scouts - Axe, 3CCW, Shotty

5x Scouts - 4CCW, Shotty

5x Intercessors

8x DC - 8Bolters, 2Axes, 1Hammer
8x VV - 6Shields, Sword, Axe, Hammer
Sicaran Venator - HB Sponson

Rapier - Quad Mortar
Rapier - Quad Mortar
Rapier - Quad Bolter

Tarantula 
8x ASM - Fist, Handflamer
3x Inceptors - Plasma

Quite a nice bit of hidden dakka, which I think will be needed for the multitude of horde nonsense I'll be up against.   

Will let you know how it goes tomorrow! 

Yes. I would make my first deploy of the process the scouts. In fact, its the first question I ask opponents about their lists- if they have units that can deploy up field, or "infiltrate" - if its a yes, then scouts go down first and they take center field, or otherwise an area that I need denied (usually an area of dead zone to prevent enemy drops).

This will all depend on whether or not the opponent has either striking units or extra movement units though. If not, the bubble doesnt become too important, and i'll castle up far more strongly.

Aye, that would be my thoughts as well. I have noticed vs armies with the capacity to infiltrate it is really hard to deny «landing zones» in missions with search and destroy deoloyment.

And good luck in the tournament.

(Hope the venator turns out to be the MVP)

Think its worth burning a CP for Death Company Character?

Depends on what and who you are fighting. The extra attack can come in handy quite often.

Looking at your list I see a whole lot of anti-infantry of different degrees but only little against really tough vehicle/monsters, so I'd say go for the +1A and 6+++ (re-rolling 1s) for the Captain. It's 'just' 1CP and better safe than sorry.

Yeah depending on the WL trait it’s either a 6+++ or a 5+++ re-rolling 1s, no?

Also, do you get to roll for the miner, say before the start of the game I’m front of your opponent, for the DC strat? Probably not which is sad :/

Nah, its a point I'll lose in that regard.

As for the 5++, you've got it right there! With the "Visions" WL trait, you would get 5++.  Sadly, its just a 6++.  I think i'll go for it. 

Wouldn't it be 5+++ rerolling 1s? The rerolling 1s comes from the warlord trait that says "make this 5+ if warlord has DC trait" or something like that? Or do I have no idea what's happening?

Ah, yes and no. My tired brain confused where the reroll comes from. The DC Stratagem obviously only gives you a regular 6+++ and the Visions Warlord trait gives you a 6+++ with reroll whoch gets improved to a 5+++ with reroll on a DC character.

However since he already takes the Artisan of War trait it'll be just the 6+++ without reroll.