Mort's BA-Dex Observations.

Morticon

You could go for 3x Laspistol Astropaths? :P

Gets you three Deny attempts as well as some damage powers (Psychic Maelstrom and Gaze of the Emperor) and Ld shenanigans (Terrifying Visions) plus (crap) Smites, all for 90pts!

Master of ordnance and fleet wouldn't do much on their own, they are buff units and it doesn't sound like you are taking many IG flyers or artillery

Its one x d6, S8, -2 d3.  shots at any unit on the board on a turn, that cant be targetted.  

And its d3 mortals on a 4+ to any unit in LOS a turn, that cant be targetted.   I think for 70 points, thats a great little addition! 

The Astropath and Master of Ordnance are both unable to take Grand Strategist as a WL trait though, only <REGIMENT>, <OFFICO PREFECTUS> and <MILITARUM TEMPESTUS> can take AM warlord traits.

Yup yup! Idea was to have useful, though inexpensive units that arent loads of guardsmen running about the map, in the list! 

So, they would form part of a vanguard detachment. 

Wow...you guys use a lot of dirty tactics :teehee:

We call it "playing by the rules" down here.  

I call it "Not worth the time I'd spend putting my subpar army from a subpar Codex on the table when I don't have a snowball's chance in hell against the tricksy red guys."  Bit of a mouthful, really :biggrin.:

Edited by Firepower

Master of ordnance and fleet wouldn't do much on their own, they are buff units and it doesn't sound like you are taking many IG flyers or artillery

Its one x d6, S8, -2 d3. shots at any unit on the board on a turn, that cant be targetted.

And its d3 mortals on a 4+ to any unit in LOS a turn, that cant be targetted. I think for 70 points, thats a great little addition!

Oh hey, I guess my Custodes just got some "Imperial Officials" to be guarding on their missions?!

Have you tested my grav-bomb theory yet Mort? Put any thought to it?

Tell me more? *strokes beardy chin*

Basically you take the grav bomb from 7th edition: 4x Grav-Cannon 1x Combi-x with armored cherub and Mephiston in a drop pod. You can piggy back captain smash if you so choose and basically force your opponent to choose which threat is priority 1. The devastators are hitting a little better than 50% if you bring the captain.

You generate a lot of potential damage as well as threaten even custodes that are going to pop up.

Inceptors basically do the same thing, but with grav you have better odds against multi wound models. (and more shots)

Just something I've been wanting to try, but don't have the time to get games in.

Anyone here thought about a Death Company dreadnought in a lucius pod and magna grapple for a 7'' rerollable charge against vehicles with Lemartes nearby?

Defs!!  Awesome idea actually !!

:( But, havent seen anyone of high calibre play vehicles that are not bubble wrapped :( 

Anyone here thought about a Death Company dreadnought in a lucius pod and magna grapple for a 7'' rerollable charge against vehicles with Lemartes nearby?

Yeah I've been playing with the idea of running a Libby Dread in FW pod for a similar reason. And in fact, if you give him wings of sanguinius and quickening, he makes the D.C. Dreads' 7" charge look pathetic. But yeah the problem is most of his ideal targets will be bubble wrapped. But the thing about bubble wrap is, either they're usually within 3" of the thing they're protecting, so you can always consolidate into something more serious, or they're more than 3" away and you can hop over them. But sometimes they have enough bubble wrap that it's over three inches thick all around, and then you're stuffed.

But the thing about bubble wrap is, either they're usually within 3" of the thing they're protecting, so you can always consolidate into something more serious, or they're more than 3" away and you can hop over them.

Remember the consolidate is towards the closest model.  A wiley opponent will remove models further away from the dread, leaving closer models to be moved into (or not moved at all)

:( 

Also, remember that unless its a libby dread with Wings active you are unable to move "through" (/over) models.  

Yeah, hopefully you're wiping the bubble wrap squad so you can then consolidate into the important squad. Actually, that's a good reminder to mention the value of bolter inceptors. I like to take them as bubble-wrap-poppers. A half dozen or so can usually clear a unit or two of bubble wrap, leaving things like the aforementioned Libby dread to charge through to whatever's being protected.

As for the jumping over the bubble wrap, I'm not sure whether people in your playing group do it, but some of our Guard & other generals have started wrapping not on the actual unit itself, but 6"ish away. Stops their units being consolidated into, and pushes any deep strikers to over 12" away from the tanks/characters being shielded. In that case, someone like wings of sanguinius is perfect for getting past the layer of bubble wrap.

Edited by superwill

As for the jumping over the bubble wrap, I'm not sure whether people in your playing group do it, but some of our Guard & other generals have started wrapping not on the actual unit itself, but 6"ish away.

Yeah, thats how the solid players locally do it ><; 

Hi Mort,

You might have stated in the thread somewhere but can I ask how you equip your scouts?

For this tourney I did as follows:

1x 5 - Power Axe, 3xCCW, 1xShotgun

1x 5 - 4xCCW, 1xShotgun

1x 5 - 4x Bolters, 1 Heavy Bolter

1x 5 - 2Bolters, Shotgun, CCW, Heavy Bolter

The most useless squads went to the 2nd and the 4th.  I was wanting a power weapon of some kind every time.  

I like the bolter/HB, and if i had the models would do that for two squads, and the CCWs + special for the other two. 

First game vs BA!! :teehee: :teehee:

Primaris heavy!!

Hometeam BA smashed :happy.: tabled him in 5th turn

What do you recommend in this matchup? keen to learn more - I struggled, especially versus aggressors.

Aggressors shouldn't be more of a problem than Inceptors to be fair. T5 is the only difference to other Primaris so Plasma wounds on 3+ instead of 2+ but should still vaporize Aggressors and Grav wounds on 4+ instead of 3+ but should be enough as well (with the multi-shot one).

They are way less durable than they look and their range is only 18" ... 26.5" with an average advance roll included. That's doable. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer

First game vs BA!! :teehee: :teehee:

Primaris heavy!!

Hometeam BA smashed :happy.: tabled him in 5th turn

What do you recommend in this matchup? keen to learn more - I struggled, especially versus aggressors.

He didnt have aggressors to be fair! Just three squads of hellblasters and 3 or 4 squads of intercessors! 

The inceptors made simple work of them.