[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

There likely won't be a full update from me today, in part because it will benefit me to have Mazer's post. I will aim to update on Thursday during the day.

+ + +

In behind-the-scenes news, today I had a flash of realisation that has led to me scrapping half the plot of Episode II and altering it - so a flurry of re-writes awaits!

We are still on track to finish before the 12th of February, hopefully!

+ + +

Hi all, I hadn't realised the writing is black - I use the white B&C theme in part because it's easier to pretend at work that I'm not talking about little plastic men. When I get home I will alter the font colour to standard.

To my knowledge I have always been halving critical damage - Vaidan took 13 damage from the Broodlord, which was reduced to 7 critical damage. That was the same with Varvost, which is why he's only at -4.

With Vaidan, I looked at rolling D10 wounds or restoring D3 cohesion and went for the latter, reasoning that he was likely dead no matter what and that as a leader, one last rallying call might be better. However, have faith in the narrative, all of you!

Slips: I am happy to assume that Varvost can benefit from "Only in Death" as it does seem thematically appropriate.

That'll teach me to skim read! :p

@ Dos, living is the thing, have been laid up for about two weeks and will be laid off in ten - so busy busy!

MR.

Really nice updates there. But..

With what just happened to Vaidan, I am not sure if it's the Episode going to be finished or Blackthorn being finished off :p

Really tempted to have Sabaan just lob a Krak at the Broodlord. Could thing he was not so close to Vaidan that I think he would well , ..

.. Krak...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Mazer. Likewise, PM if there is anything to help.

In the meantime, feel free to share with the group. Our theme is "it's 40K. And we're OK" ;)

Edit: Placeholder filled. BTW where is the GS 6?

Edited by Xin Ceithan

Slips: it is impossible for the Brood Brothers to injure you so you don't need to worry about any opportunity attacks!

All: I will likely not be able to do a map update today or tomorrow. I will definitely be able to update on Sunday, though I will attempt to do so on Saturday if possible.

The called shot thing doesn't matter for Atratus - I don't think you take any more damage for headshots in this game anyway? Fluff of the post adjusted.

Though he needs to stop fluffing all of his hit and run rolls if he plans on fighting any more broodlords, especially as charging in is where he does the most damage against big things.

CM, nice update, just one little nit-pick... hellfire ammo does not negate the explosive quality of the bolter, meaning that Grey Sight should cause a second mag damage to the horde with that one hit.

I know it's a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but every little bit helps.

Was my first game and first play-by-post so we broke two milestones here!

Would very much like to echo Steel's sentiments and I'm sure everyone else's when I say great job GM, a fabulous campaign, nicely done variations and just the right amount of danger to keep things sharp.

My compliments and thanks to all the players and viewers, without our great group, we just couldn't keep it going... :yes: Great work gang.

@ Nine good grief man!  You get about a bit! :biggrin.:

@Blackthorn - am going to loot Vaidan's flamer - I have a Faustian Bargain to throw at Mol.....:ph34r.:

@Swordhand - you guys are up, let's see what you've got! :laugh.:

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Good kill, Brothers!

Can't believe this has been already running a year!

Really really grateful to have been / be part of this! A giant thanks to You, Mol, for hosting things and GM Ing. And an all around praise for you guys to keep things running. And being such a merry band throughout, even when things where a little rough in between.

It's this month on call duty week for me, so I'll see how much / when I can fill up and finish my part of this episode but keen to keep up and see where this is going!