[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

With the cover in front of the Kill-Team rapidly disappearing, I'd like Vaidan to declare a Bolter Assault (p.221 of the Core Rulebook.) It states that after Vaidan declares it, all Brothers within support range "may make an immediate Charge Move and a Standard Attack with a bolter, bolt pistol or storm bolter... alternatively they may use their Standard Attack to throw a grenade."

Vaidan cannot declare Bolter Assault as the Oath does not give it.  He has access to Fire for Effect, Regroup and Strongpoint.

But how does this work? The rules for charging say that an enemy must be within charge range, and then the character does a "single melee attack." - Is it just that Marines may "move up to their charge distance" and then perform a ranged attack? That seems to be my logical understanding.

Your interpretation is Correct.

Q

A.T., Xin, Slips, Nineswords: What would you want to do with your free move and attack?

Am at work, so have to be quick.  Edits mine.

MR.

Mazer: Disregard the oath - one of my plans in the next episode is to scrap the oath entirely. The new Deathwatch places a lot of emphasis on "mission tactics" and flexibility, and my plan is to do something like that, where the Kill-Team leader can change tactics on the fly, altering what the Space Marines can do.

A.T. If you're not delaying for Strongpoint, then you could just aim and shoot and preserve the dice. I will amend my post - like Mazer, I'm at work and can't do things fully.

Solastion would like to move into range of Horde Varvost is engaged with and rip and tear.

"But you....you will be worse..."

Mol, appreciated.

MR.

EDIT: Bloody writers' block.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Don't forget that Atratus goes first - before Vaidan - and so could fire his shot, then move charge distance (if he wishes) and / or throw a grenade (which perhaps makes more sense than switching from his rifle to his bolt pistol.)

Just checking the distance to the hordes if Atratus does frag them.

Post updated - if we can do the Bolter Assault moves, I will then move through the turn sequence (so Greysight, Sabaan and Solastion effectively get two turn, and Atratus has a second. And unlike the turn sequence, these can be done in any order.) 

Edited by Commissar Molotov

CM, a better version of what I put up before to you:

OOC:

Genestealer B;

Dodge Tyber’s melee attack

TN 70 (Agi 60, +10 Dodge skill)

dodge test: 1d100 67 Pass with no DoS

Tyber’s arming sword skipped across the chitin of one of the beasts as it rolled out of the way slightly, it’s claws snapping at him in the process, turning his head momentarily to keep an eye on the other one. Facing two foes was seemingly harder than he had first thought; these beasts were quick, just as if not more so than both Akkad and Solastion had warned him they were. They also seemed to be more intelligent than he had first thought, they moved in a pair, attacked as a pair trying to overwhelm him.

OOC:

Single Shot at the back of Genestealer B

TN: 54 (BS 44 +10 Master Work Plasma Pistol?)

Plasma pistol shot on Genestealer B: 1d100 40 Hit 1 DoS or just a hit if Plasma Pistol is not master work.

Location 04; head

Plasma pistol damage: 1d10+7 12 Pen 6 (mortal plasma pistols…)

(Again assuming master work, if not master work than 11 damage)

Armour 6 (0)

Toughness 6

Total damage 6

He found his attention spilt on three things, both of these Xenos and Ryken, still unsure of which of these were the greatest threats at the moment that was when his HUD spiked a heat warning to him on his right side. Spinning his head to look in that direction just as the autosense darkened to avoid over exposure to the photons that were emitted from the blast by Ryken’s Plasma pistol that caught one of the Genesteelers in the back of the head, not enough to kill it as it would seem, but enough to wound it badly enough to make it give off a shriek of surprise.

OOC:

Genestealer A

Melee attack at Tyber

TN: 75 (WS 65 +10 ganging up)

melee attack against Tyber: 1d100 75 Hit

Genestealer damage: 1d10+12 22 Pen 5

Tyber will attempt to dodge the blow:

TN: 68 (Agi 48 +20 dodge skill)

dodge test: 1d100 52 pass with 1 DoS

It was in that moment, that Tyber had taken his attention off of the first beast that it struck; out of the corner of his eye he saw the lunge.  Recalling the foot work that he had seen Cadius use in the cage, Tyber shifted his mass from his left leg to his right, twisting his body as he did so, just as the claws of the beast scrapped the paint on his armour, at least both beats were now in his view.

OOC:

Genestealer B

Melee attack at Tyber

TN: 75 (WS 65 +10 ganging up)

melee attack against Tyber: 1d100 90 miss with 1 DoF

The second beast lept at him, again claws outstretched, this time however Tyber, lowered his stance just long enough to get his right shoulder under the beast, before standing quickly, knocking the Genestealer with abrupt force onto the wall beside him.

OOC:

Invoking demeanor; Ambitious

+That wasn’t something I had seen Cadius do, but I am not Cadius… I will be better than Cadius. My name will be spoken in the same reverence as Alajos,  Corswain, Inardin and Sigismund. My legend is to begin here and now!+ Tyber bellowed over both the external and squad level vox.

OOC:

Tyber, full melee attack against Genestealer B

TN: 44 (WS 54, -20 two weapon fighting, +10 Ambidextrious)

Arming sword:

Meleet attack agaisnt Genesteeler B: 1d100 34 Hit 1 DoS

Chain Sword:

Meleet attack agaisnt Genesteeler B: 1d100 70

Arming sword swift attack:

Meleet attack agaisnt Genesteeler B: 1d100 38 Hit

All damage resolved at Pen 3

Arming sword damage: 1d10+17 25

Armour 6 (3)

Tougness 6

Damage 25 -9 = 14

Arming Sword swift attack damage: 1d10+17 25

Armour 6 (3)

Tougness 6

Damage 25 -9 = 14

Genestealer B will attempt to dodge first swing:

TN: 70 (Agi 60, +10 Dodge skill)

dodge test: 1d100 27 Pass with 4 DoS

Spinning quickly on his right heal, Tyber slashed out with both his chainsword and arming sword, the beast threw itself over the arming sword so closely that one could see those yellow eyes reflecting off of the blade, as his chain blade came forward in a well-timed thrust with the first swing, it bit nothing but wall, ripping out chunks. Rolling his arming sword while continuing to follow the leap of that Genestealer, Tyber came down in a mighty chop against the beast’s right leg, catching it in the upper thigh. The chitin cracked under the force of the blow knocking the beast to the ground in a heap of bone and flesh.

OOC:

Ryken shooting at Genestealer B

TN: 54 (BS 44 +10 Master Work Plasma Pistol?)

Plasma pistol shot on Genestealer B: 1d100 16 Hit, 3 DoS

Plasma pistol damage: 1d10+7 17 Pen 6

roll to confirm RF: 1d100 90

Armour 6 (0)

Toughness 6

Total Damage: 11

Genestealer B dies

Again his armour warned him of an inbound heat spike, this time though the twisted lump at his feet burst into flames, chitin bursting and turning black as the creature was flash fried with the heat of a small star. Tyber turned to look at Ryken, again that pistol in his hand; still a threat and he dared to rob me of glory! Thought Tyber as he heavily stalked towards the last genestealer, his every motion one meant to give a sense of dread to the target.

OOC:

Genestealer A

Melee attack at Ryken

TN: 65 (WS 65)

melee attack against Ryken: 1d100 40 hit, 2 DoS

melee damage for Genestealer: 1d10+12 20 Pen 10 (Razor sharp quality doubles pen with 2 or more DoS)

Tyber will attempt to parry the blow for Ryken

TN: 64 (WS 54 +10 Balanced on chainsword)

Parrry: 1d100 53 pass, 1 DoS

The last genestealer seemed to take the hint that perhaps it had miscalculated the threat the Ryken had posed, after all the human had just killed it’s brood-mate, taking this opportunity to get an easy kill, it moved to strike Ryken, it’s right claw high in the air about to come down on the mortal’s head.

Tyber moved with all haste, letting Ryken die, here and now wouldn’t serve any purpose, worse he could be blamed for it, shoving the armoured back of the chainsword into the path of the claw came easily to him, the beast seemed to look at Tyber, as if trying to figure out a way to escape the avatar of death that was now within easy blade range of it.

OOC:

Tyber, full melee attack against Genestealer A

TN: 44 (WS 54, -20 two weapon fighting, +10 Ambidextrious)

Arming sword:

Meleet attack agaisnt Genesteeler A: 1d100 30 hit, 1 DoS

Chainsword:

Meleet attack agaisnt Genesteeler A: 1d100 22 Pass, 2 DoS

Arming sword swift attack:

arming sword attack: 1d100 34 pass 1 DoS

Arming Sword Damage:

Arming sword damage: 1d10+17 21 Pen 3

Armour 6 (3)

Tougness 6

Damage: 12

Chainsword damage:

Chainsword damage: 1d10+15 24

chainsword tearing: 1d10+15 25 Pen 3

RF damage:

Chainsword RF damage: 1d10 5

Total: 30 damage Pen 3

Armour 6 (3)

Tougness 6

Damage: 21

Arming Sword Sift attack damage:

Arming Sword swift attack damage: 1d10+17 22 Pen 3

Armour 6 (3)

Tougness 6

Damage: 13

Genestealer A will attempt to dodge chain sword attack:

TN: 70 (Agi 60, +10 Dodge skill)

dodge test: 1d100 38 Pass with 2 DoS

Still taking damage from other two attacks, total taken 25, putting it at -5

Genestealer A is stunned for 2 rounds, down one point of armour on the chest and taken 5-9 levels of fatigue

With a quick flick of his right arm, Tyber slash out and high with his arming sword, catching the beast just above the eye and knocking free one of it’s plates on the top of it’s skull. Howling in pain the beast rolled to the right in time to avoid Tyber rolling his chainsword under the beast’s left arm, causing it to catch nothing but air. As it clutched that side of its face, Tyber swung down and diagonally across the beast, catching it solidly in the chest, peeling back more armour plates and exposing it’s insides to the cool air of the meat locker.

Taking a moment to lock his chainsword away, Tyber then switched to a two handed grip on his arming sword, raising the blade high above and behind him before coming down with thunderous force on the beast, so much so that the room itself shook, the beast now lay in two, split from tip to tail.

“I must say, you seem somewhat stronger than I had first assumed…” spoke Ryken as the lights swung back and forth in their mounts.

Tyber couldn’t help but begin to laugh, as he sheathed his arming sword before he spoke, +That was not me Interrogator, that was artillery landing close by…+

Switching to Akkad’s channel, he asked +Ahu, are you well? Ambush defeated, I am unharmed. We are moving to link up with the rest of the squad+

Edited by Steel Company

Busy two days here ... but especially Steel and Mazer have really stepped up ttheir game. MR, that is a chilling, excellent update there!

CM : I think Sabaan will use his move to catch up with Solastion and follow Atratus example and put a frag grenade in the middle group.

And you are quite right that Sabaan is usually using his left for firearms and keeping the bionic right for other shenanigans ;)

Alright, update up for the main Kill-Team - the turn sequence restarts with Greysight. Solastion and Sabaan still have actions to declare as well. (Xin, Sabaan has used two of his frag grenades, just bear that in mind! )

I am looking at Tyber and the freezer fight now... 

Busy two days here ... but especially Steel and Mazer have really stepped up ttheir game. MR, that is a chilling, excellent update there!

Thanks very much Xin, I hope I can keep it up.

@ Steel, very nicely done good sir - I could well see the cut and thrust of it.  Superb. :thumbsup:

MR.