[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hi Slips,

I have already taken your bolter assault move into account (as above) - I had you charge into contact with Cultists 2 and then fire; you can fight in melee with your actions. (With that said, Genestealer 4 will charge and attack before Solastion's actions.)

Who's who in Swordhand? Or will that be dealt with in character?

Generally left up to the players, usually it's the natural leader or whoever the mission would benefit by it - such as a salvage operation being led by a Techmarine for example - but how the leader is appointed varies from chatting it and amicable agreement, all the way up to violent confrontation and skull battering.  Seniority in the deathwatch doesn't work like the normal deference a ranking Astartes would enjoy.

Depends on your group...I hear you have a few crazies...:ph34r.: :laugh.:

MR.

:ph34r.:  Red Talons aren't crazy they just really, really do not mix well with Traitor Legions... Or other lifeforms in general... 

A perfectly valid position to have when one's Chapter Demeanour consists of: Hand to Hand Combat with Planets.

MR.

Ready for Round 3 - though I have missed out Cultists 1. A.T., I would say that this turn you have not got an unobstructed view to the Broodlord with your rifle. 

Cultists 1 will need to have another action, but I will resolve that after A.T. 

Depends on your group...I hear you have a few crazies...:ph34r.: :laugh.:

MR.

:ph34r.:  Red Talons aren't crazy they just really, really do not mix well with Traitor Legions... Or other lifeforms in general... 

Ha; I just meant who's in Swordhand as opposed to Blackthorn? I'm still a bit in the dark about how the whole thing works. Are the new players (like me) joining the existing story, or are we in a separate thread?

/shrug Apologist...

Blackthorn:

Akkad; MR

Tyber; Me

Greysight; Nineswords

Atratus; A.T.

Solastion; Slips

Sabaan; Xin

Varvost; NPC CM

Vaidan; quasi NPC Dos-->Reyner-->CM

Swordhand

Dos

Reyner

Apologist

All other new players

Hope that helps. As for a new thread, no idea? Based off of the first post in the main thread, I think it's going to continue in there come the second adventure.

Hi Apologist,

If you check the character thread in this sub-forum you will see in the first post that I have updated the current standing of Swordhand. I will be providing more details very soon. The Swordhand players will be in the same thread as Blackthorn and I will be treating you as one large party, even as you form two Kill-Teams (and battle-brothers may move from one to another as appropriate.)

In Episode 1, Blackthorn sent a message to the Deathwatch advising them of the situation on Syndalla, and Swordhand will form some of the response to that - though they have been in a difficult situation of their own and are under-strength as well...

More to come today, I hope.

Addendum: 

Swordhand Players only:

Kill-Team Swordhand will arrive at Syndalla in response to Blackthorn's message. Depending on player count, only five or six Marines have survived of the original eleven - heavy losses, to be sure. The Kill-Team participated in a daring (some might say foolhardy) attempt to board a Tyranid hive vessel and destroy it from the inside. This action resulted in the death of the Kill-Team's Watch-Sergeant and it was only the decision to withdraw that saved the others. 

Apologist - doubtless you have recovered the gene-seed of your fallen comrades, and one is in stasis due to the severity of his injuries (which allows us to bring another player in / replace a casualty as necessary. The bodies of the fallen will also provide Blackthorn an opportunity to resupply.)

The casualties the team sustained (and the damage to the Imperial Navy vessel you were travelling upon) left you reeling and unable to prosecute your mission. The astropathic message from Blackthorn has afforded you the opportunity to regroup with your Watch-Brothers and you arrive at the planet of Syndalla to find a full-scale Tyranid invasion underway - and at its centre, the hive vessel you failed to destroy.

Worth noting that the rulebook says each round is approximately 5 seconds of time!

You heard the man steel - fit roller skates - MUST GO FASTER

MR.

Maybe hold on tight, Tyber does have the jump pack that doubles his movement speed upto 12m/second run speed or 43km/h...