[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Hi all, 

My stated intention is for Episode 2 to start as close to the 12th of February as possible, which gives us two weeks to try to finish it. My usual routine is that I can update each night from Sunday to Thursday, and occasionally on Saturdays in the day. I will be aiming as close as possible to update daily - if necessary, then I will either update for players or delay their action as late as possible in their turns. 

Swordhand Players:

- Please ensure you have completed your requisition as soon as possible. 

- Please post in the character thread (include your XP expenditure and Requisition) 

Just a clarification because I doubt 1 damage will change much but Solastion has a Total SB of 13 in Armor due to Strength 50 (SB5x10 = 10), +20 from PA and a Further +10 from his Armor History.

It's where some of the squad orders really shine IMO. If we have the cohesion Atratus could throw out a furious assault to help kick things up a notch - depends if the others want to get into combat or hold their ground and shoot for another turn.

-i've added the extra rolls to my post. Looks like Atratus will have to spend a fate point for the cohesion. Fluff-section will be adjusted with results.

Edited by A.T.

So, I finally gave in and called in sick the other day and we are having Grandfather Nurgle's annual Flu Festival early this year.

Good news is that I can concentrate on slogging through my thoughts and putting some narrative together as we are nearing the big Finale.

And looking where I put those Ravenwing Banners I promised Reyner. They are apparently not quite as top shelf as I thought...

And btw, I am willing to pay real money to have someone enter the Tyber/ Akkad Dancing Duel into the Golden Demon!

Doing what I can to ensure the thread keeps moving - I have updated at work, hence the lack of colours. Updated up to Solastion, so that Slips has the opportunity to post.

I think Round 6 seems like an appropriate time for Akkad and Tyber to arrive, so I will broach that then.

You certainly could be. The Kill-Team does have access among themselves to devices that can see through the walls (Atratus particularly) and it's reasonable in this case to assume that that knowledge can be shared. 

I have had Greysight overwatch the door, but Sabaan could shoot through the door, charge the genestealer, overwatch himself or anything in between. Obviously Sabaan's position is a little precarious because of Genestealers 2 and 3. 

Good point. I think Overwatch is the best option at this point. There is no plausible way to lob a krank through the door and Hand to hand combat isn't Sabaan's forte. And there is always that Servoarm reaction if charged.

Also there is still that teeeeasing option to drop those grenades at somebody's feet ;)

Sloughing through my update here, really not getting a flow into writing something coherent right now :(

But please note that I am also re shaping Sabaan's bio for the character thread - with current events I am actively delaying this until after the recent events so that they are up to date. Or an eulogy :p

He's still alive and kicking... if he has any fate points left, now would be a good time to use it.... that reminds me, I need to add a fate point back to Tyber for the use of his demeanor...

Edit:

And done, still have three I can use and 5 I can burn. :wink:

Edited by Steel Company

Mol, I think Sabaan's sheet is not up to date - it still doesn't seem save my updates.

It doesn't show the increase to Ws and Toughness or the Tech Use upgrade from earlier:

Pitching this in :

First, please note that the first Tech Use above is Tech Use + 10 ...since the Techmarine gets it for free at start and it's from the IH advance table.

New XP could be:

Toughness (simple ) 200 XP, taking it to 53

WS (simple) 500 XP , taking it to 51

Tech Use +20 500 Xp

300 to go.... ?

It doesn't affect the last roll as that failed by a mile but migh be important...especially when it comes to parry....