[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Posted updated - Atratus uses the mighty power of assassin strike to bail out of combat with the stealer and (hopefully) mince the Patriarch, or else he's going to be taking a pummelling instead of Vadian.

Also free charges for everyone - and no more cohesion.

Edited by A.T.

Thanks for that; I'm always impressed at the versatility of the Assassin Strike. 

One of my plans in Episode 2 is to increase the number of cohesion points available - at the very least, I think that spending a Fate Point should give +D3 Cohesion. I think it might help to allow players to do cool things! 

Thanks for that; I'm always impressed at the versatility of the Assassin Strike.

It's got a whole bunch of uses. One handy trick is when fighting something with multi-attack if you parry the first strike you can use counter-attack to bounce back out of range.

Also +4 damage to the patriarch (forgot to add the bonuses from the hunter of aliens talent)

Rough for the Nova Marine, is he going to brun a fate to not die?

Also, I was a little confused here:

Broodlord: 

Full Action - 3 attacks (Lord of the Brood)
- Attack 1 against Vaidan: WS67: 100 (MISS) 
- Attack 2 against Vaidan: WS67: 4 (HIT) 
Vaidan attempts to dodge: AG39: 92 (FAIL) 
Rending Claws do 1D10+12 Damage Pen 10 (Razor Sharp): 4 (16)
Tyber has TB8 and Armour 10(0): 8 Damage
-4 Impact Critical Damage to the Body
- Attack 3 against Vaidan: WS67: 13 (HIT) 
Rending Claws do 1D10+12 Damage Pen 10 (Razor Sharp): 9 (21)
Vaidan has TB8 and Armour 10(0): 13 Damage (7 Critical Damage) 

Vaidan is killed.

I put into bold and highlighted the section that confused me, as Tyber has 11 armour on the body, but he's not in CQB with the broodlord yet.... So I'm guessing that you meant Vaidan there. :whistling:

CM any decision on the doors in the walls being open or closed?

It changes what Tyber does action wise.... also how thick and well build are the walls? Could Tyber crash through them again?

No matter what he does, he'll be running for a round or two before getting into combat.

The doors are wooden and so I don't see it affecting a Space Marine - you could smash them aside easily. The walls are stone, and I think they should slow Tyber down if he were to smash through them. Let's say each would take 5 metres off your move.

Okay, works for me... Tyber will go through the walls and come to a stop this turn, leaving Akkad a nice LoS shot on the shadow figure...:yes:

Edit:

I like what your put up CM, but the writing is black on black so it's a touch hard to read with out highlighting it...

Edited by Steel Company

Apologies for radio silence, have been busy like you wouldn't believe and will share as this thread seems to be a group therapy session as well :)

Just a point of order, obviously what is written is written, but you guys all have True Grit, which halves all Crit damage rounding up and Vaidan should actually be upright.

Will update shortly.

MR.

+ + +

Hi all, I hadn't realised the writing is black - I use the white B&C theme in part because it's easier to pretend at work that I'm not talking about little plastic men. When I get home I will alter the font colour to standard.

To my knowledge I have always been halving critical damage - Vaidan took 13 damage from the Broodlord, which was reduced to 7 critical damage. That was the same with Varvost, which is why he's only at -4.

With Vaidan, I looked at rolling D10 wounds or restoring D3 cohesion and went for the latter, reasoning that he was likely dead no matter what and that as a leader, one last rallying call might be better. However, have faith in the narrative, all of you!

Slips: I am happy to assume that Varvost can benefit from "Only in Death" as it does seem thematically appropriate.