[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

I intend to post tonight with Forgemaster Fasumé providing your equipment and you transferring to the Voice of Thunder. I know that Nineswords is working on a post at least - if anyone else wishes to have their Marine reflecting on the briefing or your new comrades, today is the time. If I can't get it done today, it will be up tomorrow. 

The Kill-Team has reached 180 requisition - All your gear comes to 172 and I am prepared to offer the medicae pouches for 4 each, meaning two additional marines can carry one. 

I'm happy to delay moving on until Solastion/Sabaan and Daon/Khyber have resolved their roleplaying.

EDIT: I'm quite interested in Tyber's reactions to the Interrogator. As Dosjetka divined, it was an opportunity for you to reflect on your own mortality and your relations/interactions with normal humans - opportunities which I imagine are limited in most Chapters.

What I liked or found interesting was that Varvost humbled Tyber in the briefing and it seemed like Tyber was trying to get in on Varvost 's joke. Almost an element of peer pressure as Tyber tried to "fit in". It helps continue the idea of Tyber as being relatively immature and inexperienced. I might be overthinking but it really struck me last night!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Hey Mazer!

Just a small point, Greysight's armour is studded, but not spiked (although his other battle brothers do have spikes here and there), and there are other small flourishes.

Thanks!

Nine

Edited by Nineswords

Hey Mazer!

Just a small point, Greysight's armour is studded, but not spiked (although his other battle brothers do have spikes here and there), and there are other small flourishes.

Thanks!

Nine

Appreciate the catch my friend - will change it - I had read your IA and for some reason the spikey bits had stuck with in my mind.  No pun intended!

EDIT: I trust that it is now more in keeping with your character?

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I'm happy to delay moving on until Solastion/Sabaan and Daon/Khyber have resolved their roleplaying.

EDIT: I'm quite interested in Tyber's reactions to the Interrogator. As Dosjetka divined, it was an opportunity for you to reflect on your own mortality and your relations/interactions with normal humans - opportunities which I imagine are limited in most Chapters.

What I liked or found interesting was that Varvost humbled Tyber in the briefing and it seemed like Tyber was trying to get in on Varvost 's joke. Almost an element of peer pressure as Tyber tried to "fit in". It helps continue the idea of Tyber as being relatively immature and inexperienced. I might be overthinking but it really struck me last night!

Sorry CM, you read a bit much into that, Tyber has no interest in being Varvost's squad-mate, let alone wanting his approval. Tyber's contempt of the Interrogator is born out of his chapter's general dislike of the inquisition... they've often been at the wrong end of an 'inspection' of their practices, due to their non adherence to the codex.

Fair enough, it's just what came across to me. It definitely seemed Tyber was solely criticising Ryken's mortality rather than his affiliation with the Inquisition. You could edit your post to make this a little clear, perhaps? You could have your "mortals" comment, but then look at Tyber's thoughts (and even include some detail about the Dragons and the Inquisition.) 

Fair enough, it's just what came across to me. It definitely seemed Tyber was solely criticising Ryken's mortality rather than his affiliation with the Inquisition. You could edit your post to make this a little clear, perhaps? You could have your "mortals" comment, but then look at Tyber's thoughts (and even include some detail about the Dragons and the Inquisition.) 

I'll make the edits. :sweat:

Edits made.

Edited by Steel Company

Ha. Ha. Ha. :P

Edit: to clarify, I was referring to the bow as a gesture of greeting and showing respect, not the weapon!

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka

Whilst Vârvost is a frustrating squadmate, he raises the issue that you know little of one anothers' deeds and history, or your experience of command. This is an opportunity for some of you to talk a little more should you wish to do so.

In-game, it would seem to me that Vaidan, Akkad and Solastion would be the most obvious candidates.

Out of game I would obviously benefit from players who know the ruleset well as I am still learning the ropes! (I know Slips, Mazer and Steel Company have all been really helpful in this regard) - though I totally take Akkad's point regarding the power of a "strong right hand."

I enjoy that we are spending a lot of time focusing on character before the fighting starts, and some time fleshing out the dynamics of the squad is no bad thing.

Always happy to help CM, I'm not looking forward to fighting Gene-stealers that Unnatural agility X3 X2 (re-read the Pure Strain in MoX) is going to have them dodging so many attacks.... Really the Heavy Bolter is going to be awesome against them if he can generate enough DoS on his attack with it....

I'm also enjoying fleshing out Tyber's hair-brained scheme on tracking down the nest, it really highlights how inexperienced he is, even if it could work (no logical reason it couldn't), getting everyone on board with it would be a different matter...

Edited by Steel Company

But remember, we have Frag Grenades and, unless you roll REALLY good on the damage, they can't really hurt us so if you just hold them out at arms length, Genestealers up in your grill will have a hard time evading the damage.

I'm not saying that I'm speaking about this from personal experience when a buddy and I, in a 2 player deathwatch game, cleared out a Magnitude 60 Horde (they were admittedly pretty squishy) in like 4 rounds because we had 3 Frags each but I am :p

Still, Genestealers might be giant pains in combat but that also 100% entirely depends on Mols ability to roll good results on percentile dice :P