[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

All true, it also depends on the type of Gene Stealers CM uses, the ones from Final Sanction are much easier to deal with... the ones from Mark of Xenos are much more brutal...

My thoughts exactly.

MR

If does go the route of Final Sanction 'Stealers (2d10+12 Pen5 Razor Sharp) I hope he uses the MoX claw damage (1d10+12 Pen 5 Razor Sharp), other wise they are going to hurt! I say that as I'm going to be one of the first stuck in CQB with them...

If does go the route of Final Sanction 'Stealers (2d10+12 Pen5 Razor Sharp) I hope he uses the MoX claw damage (1d10+12 Pen 5 Razor Sharp), other wise they are going to hurt! I say that as I'm going to be one of the first stuck in CQB with them...

We have to be careful what we come out with here - since some of the brothers haven't played it and it would spoil it for them :whistling:

I'm sure Mol will use a mix of both - besides, you have Toe-to-Toe right? :yes:

MR.

We have to be careful what we come out with here - since some of the brothers haven't played it and it would spoil it for them :whistling:

I'm sure Mol will use a mix of both - besides, you have Toe-to-Toe right? :yes:

MR.

Yup... I'm going to in with the Broodloard, while you are trying to gun down the normal Stealers.... Though to be honest, I'm hoping that CM is going to pull a bait and switch on us, sending us in to fight something other than 'Nids.:yes:

Deathwatch experts may be able to divine some of the plot but I have made alterations and changes. I would appreciate any advice. I didn't know that there were two different profiles for genestealers.

No bait and switch, I'm afraid. This is our introductory adventure! Though I have an exciting Ork-based plot for later...

Deathwatch experts may be able to divine some of the plot but I have made alterations and changes. I would appreciate any advice. I didn't know that there were two different profiles for genestealers.

No bait and switch, I'm afraid. This is our introductory adventure! Though I have an exciting Ork-based plot for later...

I had a feeling I knew what it was, glad to see that my gut instinct was right on that.

Yeas the MoX Genestealers are much more nasty thanks to unnatural agility x2, a pass on a dodge check lets them count as having 1 extra DoS, this can get silly when you see their dodge chance... Also the Broodloard in MoX :censored: me.... in addition to normal 'Stealer abilities they get the following:

Unnatrual S/T x3,

50 wounds

Psi rating of 5

all 'Nid psychic powers as well as a unique power...

That being said, Orks are interesting, best to look up Rouge Trader / Only War for their stats, as those systems have much more on them.

Edited by Steel Company

BTW, looking over the Character Sheets:

@Dos: Check the FAQ for Deathwatch for weapon stats most of them have been changed such as bolters dealing 1d10+9 Damage instead of 2d10+5

If y'all want to copy things from my own Character sheet, whilst unable to edit it, you can do a click-and-drag to select sections of the sheet and simply just copy-paste it onto yours. Otherwise, the Merge Cell command is your best friend :p

Slips, I want to get up to having TDA with lightning claw / power fist on one hand with integrated storm bolter and a storm sehild in the other... just as an example of possible later shenanigans...

Why stop there when shoulder mounts are a thing :ph34r.:  as well as there being fluff precedent for having Melta-Fists.

s-l300.jpg

Given his specialization and just getting used to operate outside the common IH operating routines, I don't think Sabaan sees himself as a logical choice for leadership at this point. As in my post, he would either prefer to run a couple of simulated battles and see who fares best or at least to get some input about whom not to select from practical experience rather than talk and gut feeling. OOC, I myself do not think it wise choice game wise as I have zero practical experience with such things as coherence and squad mode and the like. Which seems handy to have leading in a DW Game. So, no, no challenges for command from me or Sabaan at this point.

Thanks for the update!

Since it seems that Vaidan will become the Squad Leader without much opposition, perhaps the Deathwatch aficionados among us could start considering which Oath the squad would take... 

It seems that with an Ultramarine(-descended) Tactical Marine as your Leader, you could choose from: 

The Oath of the Astartes, Oath to the Emperor, Oath of Glory or the Oath of Loyalty from the Core Rulebook, or the Oath of Duty from Honour the Chapter. 

Edited by Commissar Molotov