[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Heyo, finally popping in.

If theres any problems with back-filling any previous placeholders I can try to see what I can do in that regard.

I'll also try and get some Solastion action going.

Damn Mazer... great post. I’m going to call you Poirot from now on — hadn’t even crossed my mind!

High praise indeed!  It's all that plotting I do outside the forum ;) plus in character, Akkad is a political sort.

I have to say though, everyone is really pushing the boat out.

MR.

Okay, so: 

The plot will transition to Syndalla's surface next Monday. You guys have got the next five days or so for anything you wish to do. Please coordinate. 

I've asked Apologist to pop up a placeholder for a scene where Yeng takes Ghent's body to the Apothecarion and harvests his progenoids. I think that could be awesome, having Yeng reflecting on Swordhand having finally completed their mission - at a heavy price. 

I've got some notes ready for Desiato, but that wouldn't be immediate. 

If you want to have some time alone with your character, having them pray or the like, you can do this as well. 

If you would like to have your Marines conduct counter-boarding against the Tyranids, or to participate in anti-Tyranid patrols on the Syndallan surface with the Levy PDF you can do so. This will however be glossed over in a time-skip (so the Syndallan surface scene on Monday will be set perhaps a week or two later)

The important thing is that we coordinate and plan. Use the OOC thread for this! 

Tyber is more than willing to conduct counter boarding actions, anyone else up for it?

If Solastion is preoccupied while the rest of the more zealous marines go off Tyranid hunting, who should be in charge: Akkad or Tyber...I wonder...

Thanks for posting Slips, I really appreciate it. 

It's possible therefore that Tyber and Akkad stay for the bare minimum of time needed to observe any rites and restock and then go off. (And/or Solastion sees the wisdom of allowing them to vent their rage.) They are clearly more choleric than Solastion! 

Edited by Commissar Molotov

CM/Steel Only:

That, or I want Tyber to myself. In private.  I'll put up a post about being careful if required, making sure the infil-traitor, if there is one, suspects nothing.  I'll form it in the style of a plot against a Prince of a Royal House, (which Akkad is), so he would have reason to be experienced with this.

Thoughts?

MR.

Steel/Mazer:

Whilst I'm pleased with you engaging with the sub-plot, I'm unsure about Akkad immediately jumping to the idea of the infil-traitor. It seems like a step beyond what Akkad had posited in your earlier IC post. I think perhaps you need to voice your thoughts to Tyber - but suggesting one of your brethren is a traitor of some kind strikes me as a step too far, tonally, for what I'm going for. 

I will post slightly to move you guys forward, and then it will be easier for you to split up.

I will post slightly to move you guys forward, and then it will be easier for you to split up.

If you wish to join Akkad and Tyber's rampage across the stars, let me know.

CM/Steel:

That's no problem, I was merely going to do inner monologue and get Tyber to think about the questions Akkad had, not suggest anything more, I don't want to step on toes here, just to drop a few dubious notes of no substance.  Akkad wouldn't suggest/accuse heresy outright - unless maybe a Fire Hawk was about ;p

MR.

If Desiato needs to wait, that's all good, but I just wanted to voice my recent thoughts and Guillermo's suspicions about the good Captain and the case of the missing painting, given more recent information. Coming into the Dark Lantern mystery a bit later than the rest of you, I didn't really know what to make of the whole thing for a while and the book simply perplexed me. Now I have an idea of exactly what Guillermo might have sensed in the Captain's ship... 

All good, then.

Regarding Noctus's post:

If you check the Story So Far... posts in the data-slate thread you'll be able to catch up with most.

To be clear:

In episode 1:

- Akkad found a painting of the Dark Lantern in the Governor's manse

- Tyber also found a strange book bound in a grey skin. Although he didn't know why, he took the book with him.

- Tyber read the book, but could not remember anything he read.

In episode 2:

- Akkad discovered the painting of the Dark Lantern had been removed

- Tyber gave the book to Montesa, who used psychic divination and discovered the text was certainly very strange, although events meant that he couldn't explore it further.

- At the same time, Greysight experienced strange and unusual dreams.

- The Dark Lantern appeared as the bio-ship neared Syndalla and the Deathwatch boarded to assault it, before exiting into the warp again.

It was driving me nuts when you were on that ship since I've been 99% sure he had one of his underlings steal it.

Edit:

Tyber never saw the painting CM, only Akkad and I think Greysight saw it. Tyber found the book how ever.

Edited by Steel Company

It was driving me nuts when you were on that ship since I've been 99% sure he had one of his underlings steal it.

Edit:

Tyber never saw the painting CM, only Akkad and I think Greysight saw it. Tyber found the book how ever.

Alright, LOOK I was waaaaay behind on the Dark Lantern train at the time. Cut me some slack :sweat:

Nah, in hindsight, I can totally understand. I would have been fuming with futile frustration if I had been in your shoes at the time.