[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Depends, the HB is probably the most versatile weapon, able to mulch hordes and big targets.

That being said, I think slipping into First Company vet would be a viable branch to take, simply to be able to access Assault Cannons and Cyclone Missle Launchers. But really, just getting more specialized heavy weapons is the best way to go. Multi-Metla and las-cannons are top their big bad poppers, but nothing tops the Heavy Bolter for horde thinning.

Amusingly enough, AT's marine with a las-cannon would be the Hand of God as a sniper due to his scope.

Mazer:

I still have plot stuff to do at the triumph - is there a way you can rework your post to be set before the parade, or delay this post and put in another more specifically interacting with the prompt as I've laid it out?

My intention is tomorrow to post moving things forward; what you've written might be better suited towards the end of the week.

Mazer - after Steel's response and anyone else responding to this prompt, it'd be appropriate for you to move the narrative to the evening and the post you had previously put up. 

It will be possible to have any Vortis- or Haldane-specific conversations in the evening, and then I can move us to the next narrative space on Monday.

Mol

To be fair, Space Marines Librarians didn't used to just come with a psychic hood as standard equipment in 3rd edition. Personally, I always kind of liked that it wasn't on every Librarian and it was a rarer piece of technology. But that's just me.

Anywho, placeholder is filled.

Those are really some scenes - very well done all around.
BTW, - Since we were asked for favorite moments, I ‘d say the reactions to the parade and the crowd from the battlebrothers will certainly be among mine going forward! Really put a smile on my face. 

Akkad pays his respects.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/344357-dw-blackthorn-and-swordhand/?p=5663913

I didn't want to clog the post with the translation, which is below for those interested.

I was waiting for a long time

In the dark shadow of rain clouds

You will see me waiting forever.

One day it will come back,

Over the lands, over the seas,

The blue wind will come back

And bring back with it my wounded heart

I will be pulled far away by its stream.

Wherever it wants, far away from this world

Between the sea and the stars

The work isn't mine - it's just badly translated into Ancient Sumerian :wink:

MR.

Before I move us on (ahead of schedule) are there any scenes you wish to conduct? 

Mazer has moved us to evening of the parade day. 

Options that occur to me include: 

- Conversing with Interrogator Haldane

- Conversing with Governor Vortis

- Visiting the Cathedral 

- Returning to the Xenocide

- Conversing or ruminating on Desiato and/or the Aeldari "prophecy"

If not, I will move us forward over the weekend rather than Monday, so you have a bit more time on the big finish.