[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Yes and no.

The reason the HB is so good (mostly) is because it gets up to six chances to get RF.  It can't compete with the direct, singular missile output that say, a Krak Missile or Lascannon can do.  When those boys hit, they're going to sting, whereas the Heavy Bolter hits more often, but stings less.

It's swings and roundabouts, although, you are also getting frag missile with the launcher and the opportunity of special ammo for it (different rockets).

MR.

Damage wise will the heavy bolter out perform a missile launcher most of the time? Thinking about changing Vorrs gear for the next engagement for something different or would it be better for the team to keep the missiles? Just in case we need some armour penetration. 

Against a single well-armoured target the missile does more damage, but it's also one shot to dodge or shield and can't put up the crazy horde numbers a heavy bolter can in the hands of a devastator (whereas any marine can use a missile launcher reasonably effectively).

If you run into a tank, hive tyrant, or similar you are mostly fishing for 10s with the bolter.

The path of the heavy bolter does lead you to one of the worst written weapons in the game however - Glaucus's Heavy Bolter, Emperors Chosen.

(make a WP test at -20 when damaged - fail the test and your closest ally takes the damage instead. No range limit listed for this effect.)

Edited by A.T.

The path of the heavy bolter does lead you to one of the worst written weapons in the game however - Glaucus's Heavy Bolter, Emperors Chosen.

(make a WP test at -20 when damaged - fail the test and your closest ally takes the damage instead. No range limit listed for this effect.)

LOL.  Proofreading and design at it's finest.

MR.

I imagine it's indoctrinated into them when they join the chapter, Autek Mor hated Ferrus Manus and was a raging psychopath but fighting with a smaller force that became really decent all rounders and used them as surgical strike forces, instead of Legion Clan massive assaults must have appealed to him as his forces dimished but he could still inflict massive damage on Horus's forces.

Noctus - yes, sorry. I have a few emails that've built up and I haven't had the chance to reply.

My understanding is that Nineswords will be posting up Greysight's jaunt with Atratus as they hunt down the injured Lictor in Beregar city. My plan is still to move us forward on Monday!

But then there will be a teen version of it and before you know it: plushies and funky-pops.

*Curiously waits to see if Greysight sparkles in sunlight*

We'll see....

EDIT: That bit in Blade 3, where Dracula walks into that shop.  :facepalm:

MR.

Hi everyone,

Hope you like the newest update!

Think of this as the (almost) final credits montage - an opportunity to reflect upon your successes, and the lives you've touched in the saving of Syndalla. It is meant to be an upbeat and positive moment, though of course some of you may harbour dark thoughts and concerns.

You could also, if you wish, speak to Governor Vortis or to Interrogator Haldane.

I have a mid-point update scheduled for the middle of this week - so Wednesday or Thursday - and then will advance us to the next stage (Imperial reinforcements arriving) on Monday 8th.

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Interested to hear from the previous players what some of their personal highlights of the campaign have been so far, if you'd indulge us?

Interesting question from Mojake in the recruitment thread!

Check out the story so far posts if you want to refresh your memories!