[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Now that Atratus has entered the Templum, I thought it worthwhile to post this. I went to my local Cathedral this weekend and took two pictures that I hope illustrate how I'm envisioning the Templum itself - though I imagine a golden statue of the Emperor as well! 

vseRwVj.jpg

kYnbOJf.jpg

Very nice Mol :)

One of the best Cathedrals I ever went to was the St John's Co-Cathedral in Valetta, the capital of Malta.  It's actually not owned by the Catholic Church, but the Knights of Malta, who were the Knights of Saint John and The Hospital (Hospitallers) and was built some time in the 15/16th Century (IIRC). The Cathedral has side chapels for all the knightly orders, British, French, German.  Then below it and rarely open is the crypt of the Grand Masters.  Every angle of the place is artificed and the nave and ceiling are beautiful.

The floor of the main cathedral is made up of the marble tombstones of some 700 knights, fallen in service to the order and even contained a reliquary, said to be the arm of St John, which was taken by the French under Napoleon - but was lost at sea.  The entrance to the Cathedral is guarded by the tombstone of a French knight, very elaborately decorated with an image of the grim reaper.

In short - it is magnificent.

When I think of the Temples and Reclusiums of Fleet based chapters, this is what I see.

MR.

So... after spending some 70 hours at the hospital last week and then some more at another hospital prior to my mother in law's surgery. She got discharged on Monday and is already tending our garden, so things are looking up there. Me, I basically slept through the last week end and am now beginning to catch up on your guys work.

My grandma's funeral is today, so not much time to post. But I want you guys to know that I am still, well, again, up and running and aiming to be join you lot in doing the Emperor 's work with the Update Mol has scheduled for Saturday.

Again, thank you all for your wishes and support and your patience.

Xin

No problem Xin, we all get hit with a rough patch every now and again, but what is important is to know you got support of those around you and from those you've never meet face to face.

That is well met.  :yes:

I can say Steel speaks for me as well.  Good to have you check in Xin, I hope you approve of how Sabaan has behaved ;)

MR.

Last week of work at current job before starting the next whilst also getting Raid Ready in WoW has made for a very busy Slips; hoping to have something today.

In the event that I dont, it will basically be Solastion RIP AND TEAR and HACK AND SLASH ing his way through mortal bodies.

Mazer, can I also clarify regarding the Called target - has Strongpoint been activated?

Apologies Mol, sloppy edit as I realised there was no point in it - No Strongpoint.

Fixed in the IC.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Slips, Solastion could perhaps pass a Willpower test and then appeal to the Guardsmen?

I DO have a hilarious WIllpower of 63 right now due to Frenzy's +10...

Hmm will have to re-read things but, as of posting my current Solastion-Does-Things...post, I'm unsure if I can freely break Frenzy by passing Willpower tests or not...

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting you give up your Frenzy, but rather that the Willpower test might allow you to temporarily pause long enough to appeal to the Guardsmen!

I mean, I can basically freely break and reenter it if I pass the WP tests since its all Free Actions, iirc, so dropping it is going to be the challenge here :p

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting you give up your Frenzy, but rather that the Willpower test might allow you to temporarily pause long enough to appeal to the Guardsmen!

I mean, I can basically freely break and reenter it if I pass the WP tests since its all Free Actions, iirc, so dropping it is going to be the challenge here :p

That makes the +10 WP all the more amusing... wisdom is not something I would associate with berserkers, -10/-20 WP and Int sure...ah well run with it Slips!

Xin, apologies for missing your post but I am glad that all on your end seems okay. 

I have orders now for Vaidan and Tyber, Solastion and Varvost, Akkad and Sabaan and Atratus. I will talk to Nineswords about Greysight, but all looks good for an update on Saturday morning. 

Hey all,

I'm happy for the combat to begin to draw to a close so we can move toward the narrative again. In the six rounds of combat the Kill-Team has thoroughly decimated everything and routed the Cultists!

It's only Solastion who is still in combat, so in your post, Slips, you are free to describe Solastion, Varvost and the Guardsmen turning the tide!