[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

You smell that?  Burning alien gene-heretics.  Nothing else in the Imperium smells like that.

Smells like....victory.

I love the smell of Imperial Might in a morning.

A worthy encounter GM and I got to try crazy stuff again!  Thanks Mol :)

MR.

Hey all,

I'm happy for the combat to begin to draw to a close so we can move toward the narrative again. In the six rounds of combat the Kill-Team has thoroughly decimated everything and routed the Cultists!

It's only Solastion who is still in combat, so in your post, Slips, you are free to describe Solastion, Varvost and the Guardsmen turning the tide! 

:thumbsup:

Awesome. 

My intention was to give the players (even those not actually at the table with Ryken and Haltreme) the opportunity to present the Deathwatch as a more united front - players still get to ask information and the narrative integrity is maintained.

In some ways there is an element of a mystery  in the next stages of the game - there will be various locations in the city. I don't just want it to be a game on rails - once we're done at the cathedral the Kill-Team has a choice of which location(s) to go to and in which order. 

Questions:

What is the current disposition of the PDF: Assets, manpower, resources, zones of control?

Where are the highest concentrations of the enemy?

The Tyranids are at our throats - one of our objectives is to summon aid - where are the astropathic choir located?

MR.

School starts again for me tomorrow, which is good and bad - I will be able to get to a computer more regularly, but it will mean I am busy, particularly at the start of term. 

I will provisionally pencil in a firm update on Tuesday, though this week is a tricky one! 

On a tangent, I have recently been watching Matthew Colville's D&D videos and thought this is an interesting one for players to watch! 

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Matt Colville is awesome! Defo watch his stuff!

When Solastion makes if back to the rest of the group he will:

-Ask to see who is in charge of battlefield tirage

-If they have time, do what he can for those who are more gravely injured or outside of the capabilities of the mortals.

-Ask if they have any other means of escape from this location should holding it no longer be tenable

-Do they have access to any manufactora for equipment.

Edited by Slips

You were definitely up against it Steel :)

In other news, we must find Thorvald.

I will not leave him to be desecrated by the jackals that infest this world.

My intention in the IC is to look for a prisoner, but we may stray off course....a bit...if possible...:wink:

As to the Colville post, I dunno what type of player I am - this is my first time! :D

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

As to the Colville post, I dunno what type of player I am - this is my first time! :D

MR.

I think I fall somewhere between tactician and actor in those regards... so long as it fits narratively, I'm good with any outcome, but I try for the best tactical moves.

As for Tyber's current objectives:

*Be done with inspecting the Barricades

*Find Akkad to give him the rib bone, and share his new found understanding of his place in the universe

*Stay as far back as he can from the temple, it makes him uncomfortable

*Be away from these mortals, he is unsure of how to interact with them

Edited by Steel Company

Another update - I tried to cover 90% of the questions you've posted thus far whilst also keep the narrative better. I couldn't get either Vaidan or Ryken to ask about the Inquisitrix yet, so that's left out. 

If you have any further questions, then let me know. I have some plans for an update tomorrow otherwise. 

Hi Dos, 

You are welcome to post if you wish - in which case, you can post questions as Vaidan and I will answer them as Ryken or Haltreme. I'm conscious of the fact that you as players need a certain amount of information before you are able to act. 

I know that you've got a lot of pulls on your time so if you're unable to post I am happy to continue to semi-NPC him.

As an aside, a good couple of questions I can think of to ask:

Where are they (the cult) probing the defenses of the PDF the strongest / most frequently.

Where does the cult put up the strongest defense.

Where has the largest concentration of visibly seen abominations/gene-stealers been seen.

Where has been the least amount of them seen.

Is the PDF armory reachable from here.

Has the PDF armory been breached.

Same for the supply depot.

Hey CM, new question, and it is one of those odd ones that I'm not sure you've thought off... how heavy are those engines that are left in the field? I'm wondering if several of us may be able to drag them back to our lines and use the plates on them to help reinforce the barricade....

I ask as Tyber can drag / push just over 5 imperial tons, if I use that as an extrapolation, between Tyber, Akkad, Varvost and Sabaan we should be able to do about 20t combined. Most current combine harvesters (large ones like a John Deer 105) are around 7t...

Steel,

If you ask Slips nicely, Solastion can just move one of them per turn :tongue.:

MR.

I wound't bank on them only being 7t when up armored... I'm thinking they'll be in the neighborhood of 12-14t each....

That is going on assuming heavier materials being used, larger units and being armored on top of that... still with Solastion, perhaps we could move two at the same time.:wink:

Hi Steel, 

I'm happy for Tyber and Sabaan to reinforce the Templum's defenses whilst Vaidan strategises. I'm happy to go with your assumptions on the weight of the harvesters, not least because two of them are damaged and so they might not be whole. Taking the effort to shore up the barricades will help the PDF to keep the Templum secure, and will have some knock-on impacts later in the night! 

Work is already unexpectedly busy this week as we have to mark a lot of exams and put some reports together for our leadership. I will attempt an update but if you get one up before the weekend, that's fine. Just try to give me as much notice as possible!