[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Solastion is a buffboi with SB 14 while frenzied :p

But that is a good idea; could also use their feul tanks as makeshift bombs/mines if possible.

Also should hopefully get a post up today! New job today had me occupied as are my WoW raiding commitments later in the night.

Edited by Slips

Solastion is a buffboi with SB 14 while frenzied :tongue.:

But that is a good idea; could also use their feul tanks as makeshift bombs/mines if possible.

Also should hopefully get a post up today! New job today had me occupied as are my WoW raiding commitments later in the night.

Already worked that part into my post, that I am about to put up Slips. :wink:

Tyber is thinking a shallow moat to fill with fuel and set alight when they attack again.:whistling:

Hey folks

As you may have noticed, things have not quite settled down over here. Given our workload in August, two new coworkers quit come September ( one actually broke down on the job first :( ). We are patching the holes and I am working towards my vacation stating at the end of next week. Not sure how much time I will have to put up a post in between...

So I have to ask for some more of your patience, unfortunately.

I guess Sabaan will be buffing the team / defenses were necessary and glower at a view mortals in between. If Mazer is willing, I am ok for him to expand on his already fine work portraying our impromptu fireteam. Alternatively, feel free to PM me for placeholders or put placeholders up and I PM in my parts along the way....

Take your time Xin, I understand about craziness at work... having some issues with my head engineer right now... he seems to have forgotten his place in the pecking order... Yelling  at / talking down to the owner and the VP of a company like they are dumber than an Ogryn is not a good plan to stay employed I would think...:dry.:

That being said, hope you didn't mind me co-opting Sabaan for a couple of lines in my last post, I tried to keep it as mechanical as possible.:sweat:

Mol: I'm running out of time but would like to get a post in before I go back to the Army next week. If I don't manage to get one in by midnight tonight, you can safely assume that I didn't find the time to post and so can continue semi-NPC-ing Vaidan until I next find time to post. In any case thank you for putting up with this.

That thing is a burning wreck.  Most of the fuel burned off in the crash and gave us plenty of cover.  Can't ask much more of it.  You could booby-trap some of the buildings.  As much as our Marines would not care about the living being burnt with the dead, I doubt the alien slave scumbags will be bothered - our Guardsmen might be though...

If we're going to defend this place I recommend defences in depth.  The Astral Claw will know his oats here as he's been digging trenches on worlds to stem the tide of chaos, eldar pirates, orks etc.  We could make tank traps quite easily with Sabaan on hand, reinforce the plascrete barricades with steel plating from the combines, create fall-back positions and erect staggered defences around and in front of the main cathedral doors.  Get some PDF lads up high, anyone with a long las and spotter, or two to three man teams with Lasguns.  Shame we don't have mortars.  These combines need to be scrapped totally, leaving no little hidey-holes for enemy snipers or idiots with RPG's (the explosive kind, not D&D ;p )

Another question for the Captain if I may?  Do we have any artillery or air-power still under our command?  I can't remember if it was asked before or specifically answered.

Another thought I had was to shore up the barricades and clear off - we have other objectives after all....

Thoughts?

MR.

Hi all, working on an update now. 

My immediate intention is that the Kill-Team will not remain at the Templum, so I imagine that the Marines will have a short time to shore up the defenses here before moving elsewhere. Keep that in mind!

Do we know approximately where Thorvald's body might be or will it be a "random chance encounter" type affair?

Also, the irony of having adopted a Genestealer Cult symbol as my forum avatar is not lost on me. :tongue.:

Thorvald must be found.  We will have great dishonour if we don't retrieve anything....

Dos, as long as Vaidan doesn't have a strangely familiar yet oddly worrying new tattoo on his forehead it should all be fine....;)

MR.

Do we know approximately where Thorvald's body might be or will it be a "random chance encounter" type affair?

You're not quite asking me the right questions, there. Is it possible for you to work out where Thorvald might have fallen? Yes, in theory. 

As for the "random chance encounter", that's not something I would tell you...

You're not quite asking me the right questions, there. Is it possible for you to work out where Thorvald might have fallen? Yes, in theory. 

As for the "random chance encounter", that's not something I would tell you...

You sir, are a terrible tease!

I'd like to run some ideas for this with you Dos?

MR.

Post updated!

Now, would it be possible to use the astropaths to try and locate Brother Thorvald I wonder? Either way, it seems like securing the Astropaths is our most clearly-obtainable primary objective and if we find them in good enough state, we could probably also use them to try and track down the Broodlord by virtue of his psychic presence....right?

I agree getting to the Astropaths is our best course. For gaining entry to the noble section, I see one of two ways:

Sewers

Bridge

Sewers are self explanatory, we go in, kill anything down there, exit in the nobles section, murdering anything that points a weapon at us.

Bridges are much the same, but we have the jump pack equipped of us hop the walls, kill anything that tries to stop us from lowering the bridge, then we murder anything that gets in our way to the target area.

Post updated!

Now, would it be possible to use the astropaths to try and locate Brother Thorvald I wonder? Either way, it seems like securing the Astropaths is our most clearly-obtainable primary objective and if we find them in good enough state, we could probably also use them to try and track down the Broodlord by virtue of his psychic presence....right?

I was going to suggest to Dos that we try using Sabaan, and Auspex and your Bio-monitor link-up Slips, but yes, this should work too.

I agree getting to the Astropaths is our best course. For gaining entry to the noble section, I see one of two ways:

Sewers are self explanatory, we go in, CRUSH OUR ENEMIES kill anything down there, exit in the nobles section, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE US murdering anything that points a weapon at us  AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS.

Your plan is flawed brother.

I have remedied it.  Otherwise: :thumbsup:

MR