New Codex, New Cryptek

NTaW

Yeah, they let you roll twice if you are outside but in range, or once if embarked (normally embarked models can't do anything like that). But only for Warriors. Very helpful for warrior heavy lists!

I played my first game with necrons yesterday. I played against Desth guard and got absolutely wrecked. He played a drone, a bunch of poxwalker, typhus and a talyman and I played the start collecting necron. I obviously lacked the fire power to take down the drone, but that got me thinking, how do necrons deal with death guard?

I played my first game with necrons yesterday. I played against Desth guard and got absolutely wrecked. He played a drone, a bunch of poxwalker, thymus and a talyman and I played the start collecting necron. I obviously lacked the fire power to take down the drone, but that got me thinking, how do necrons deal with death guard?

Did you play it as the Command Barge or the Annhilation Barge? what was the rest of your list?  How many points? Dynasty? Artefact? Trait?

What do Thymus and Talyman do?

I'm bringing my own Necrons out of a long Tomb World slumber (they were my first army about 5 years ago) and I'm trying to put together a 1k point list (as that is the usual point size I play with after D&D with my regular buddy on Thursday nights; we generally start at 10 PM so we have to play smaller games).

My other armies being SM (Raven Guard and Blood Angels), I have to really break the habit of MSU for my troop choices.

At 1k points, I'm thinking about a Mephit Dynasty of 2x10 immortals (1 with gauss, 1 tesla) and 1x20 warriors. It also includes an Overlord on foot with orb, warscythe,veil of darkness and Immortal Pride trait) Illuminor Szeras, and a unit of 3 destroyers (2 regular, 1 heavy).  It's not particularly exciting or sexy, but I do think it will be really tough at 1k points.  The 20 warriors will be hard to take down with morale immunity and buffs to RP.  Hopefully, Szeras gets a good role to buff them (T5 or BS2), and if he doesn't, a CP reroll should help. Stratagems will be based around Phaeron's WIll and Extermination Protocols.  If I get early melee alphaed, the Lord can get himself and whatever unit out of combat with Veil of Darkness.

Archived