=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

You've made a great start to your B&C campaign and thanks for your B&Z contributions so far :) I'm going to award a 50 % bonus for the Lieutenants and it's multiple kitbashes and magnets (which I assume you included based on your vow post?)

Troop category starts in three days' time. You're more than welcome to have another go or prep some Troops if you want to continue :)

Also, having cut the tab off Astorath, how did you get him to stand on that base? Pin, or just glue?

Thanks! :) Yes, Lieutenants both have magnets. You may notice that they have swapped arms in the first 2 pictures.

I haven't cut the tab from Astorath. The whole point is that it stays as a fundament in the cut I've made into the base itself.

The troops may cause me trouble as I don't have any to build ATM. But we'll see.

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Quite interested to see how you plan on doing this conversion. Hoping it will be identifiable as Mephiston (WYSIWYG, etc) and not as a Primaris Librarain...

Don't get too excited, Jolemai. It's basicaly going to be a Primaris Libby...with a different head and some extra Blood Angel-y bits glued on.  :-)

Vow almost complete, still got to undercoat the heads and back packs for both minis and attach them with a tiny bit of sper glue to hold them in place for the photo and removal when I'm ready to lay down base coats. I thought I was a little ham fisted with the glue on the chaplain but he turned out much better once he got a coat of chaos black. The birthday captain I :cussed up when I was drilling his barrel on his plasma pistol, which I'm absolutely gutted about and I think I went a little heavy with the corax white on the Aquila, but I'm going to resist the urge to strip him after th challenge, as the way I figure if I paint him to completion I can keep him as testament of my current skill level when I get enevitably better. Any advice from people on drilling out gun barrels would be great though. Pictures will be up once I've finished undercoating these couple of pieces. But I'm done for the day, going to surf the web or watch tv for awhile and forget about how much I suck at gunbarrels. But I'm happy as I got more hobby done today than in the last two years.

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :P

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...hbJRUCWl.jpg

Not 100% sure which head to use yet so I just included them all on the pic lol

EDIT: typo

Vow completed!QqtxeQI.jpg?1

I decided to use the GK Paladin helmet after all. I'll use the masked Reiver head if we get that awesome Gravis Captain with fur pelt from the Codex artwork. :P

I also changed the position of the sword arm since the high sword pose is pretty lame imo.

However I have to apologize for the small base. The one who got the Death Guard half of the DI box used the wrong base for his Lord of Contagion so I was left with one base short. I ordered the same mosaic base you can see on the pic in a larger version but it didn't arrive yet.

Oh and he got primed with the Leadbelcher spray in case you're wondering. ^^

I really like the look of that captain and think that he looks awesome with the GK head and sword at the angle you've got it at. Really cool stufff there man.

I've not had time this week but hope to get something made this weekend. No time for intricate conversions, so will likely be stock models - I have some Calth guys. 

Every little helps. I've only been able to do the Calth stuff too.

You've made a great start to your B&C campaign and thanks for your B&Z contributions so far :smile.: I'm going to award a 50 % bonus for the Lieutenants and it's multiple kitbashes and magnets (which I assume you included based on your vow post?)

Troop category starts in three days' time. You're more than welcome to have another go or prep some Troops if you want to continue :smile.:

Also, having cut the tab off Astorath, how did you get him to stand on that base? Pin, or just glue?

Thanks! :smile.: Yes, Lieutenants both have magnets. You may notice that they have swapped arms in the first 2 pictures.

I haven't cut the tab from Astorath. The whole point is that it stays as a fundament in the cut I've made into the base itself.

The troops may cause me trouble as I don't have any to build ATM. But we'll see.

There are seven categories so best pace yourself. If you haven't got any Troops to submit then don't worry about it  - just prep for another category that you may have in your backlog :)

Vow almost complete, still got to undercoat the heads and back packs for both minis and attach them with a tiny bit of sper glue to hold them in place for the photo and removal when I'm ready to lay down base coats. I thought I was a little ham fisted with the glue on the chaplain but he turned out much better once he got a coat of chaos black. The birthday captain I :cussed up when I was drilling his barrel on his plasma pistol, which I'm absolutely gutted about and I think I went a little heavy with the corax white on the Aquila, but I'm going to resist the urge to strip him after th challenge, as the way I figure if I paint him to completion I can keep him as testament of my current skill level when I get enevitably better. Any advice from people on drilling out gun barrels would be great though. Pictures will be up once I've finished undercoating these couple of pieces. But I'm done for the day, going to surf the web or watch tv for awhile and forget about how much I suck at gunbarrels. But I'm happy as I got more hobby done today than in the last two years.

Aye, barrels can be a pain. Try marking where you want the hole to be with a knife to guide the drill bit and do it a bit at a time. Perhaps add green stuff should it go wrong and re-try?

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

Quite interested to see how you plan on doing this conversion. Hoping it will be identifiable as Mephiston (WYSIWYG, etc) and not as a Primaris Librarain...

Don't get too excited, Jolemai. It's basicaly going to be a Primaris Libby...with a different head and some extra Blood Angel-y bits glued on.  :-)

We'll see how he turns out then :)

Ah what the hell. Since my Chapter Master isn't a valid entry I'll just go with this one so I get bonus points for the Feast of Blades. :tongue.:

I sfPanzer rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1x Captain in Gravis Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels and the Knights of Baal, whilst failure is not an option...

hbJRUCWl.jpg

Not 100% sure which head to use yet so I just included them all on the pic lol

EDIT: typo

Vow completed!

QqtxeQI.jpg?1

I decided to use the GK Paladin helmet after all. I'll use the masked Reiver head if we get that awesome Gravis Captain with fur pelt from the Codex artwork. :tongue.:

I also changed the position of the sword arm since the high sword pose is pretty lame imo.

However I have to apologize for the small base. The one who got the Death Guard half of the DI box used the wrong base for his Lord of Contagion so I was left with one base short. I ordered the same mosaic base you can see on the pic in a larger version but it didn't arrive yet.

Oh and he got primed with the Leadbelcher spray in case you're wondering. ^^

Looks great, really menacing pose! Also the small conversion nets us 25 % bonus points (2 after rounding up from 1.75). Think he's going to win FoB? ;)

Time for my second vow. 

BluejayJunior rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Captain in Terminator Armor for a combined total of Power Level 7 on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow logged, all the best :thumbsup:

Btw, what model is that Captain?

Vow completed! 

It is the Terminator Captain with Relic Blade and stormbolter from the Space Marine Start Collecting box. I picked that up this week along with another tactical squad box and some scouts so I am prepared for next week's vow. And have a dreadnought for Elites week. 

That's probably why I don't know him then :blush.: Completion logged and unless you get the urge to do another HQ, enjoy the break!

Updated to here

Closing in on three digits for category points, keep up the pressure guys (and girls)!

Closing in on three digits for category points, keep up the pressure guys (and girls)!

Unfortunately my Scouts just told me that the Black Templars are 'cheating' with their numbers again so they already outnumber us by far. :ph34r.:

Unfortunately my Scouts just told me that the Black Templars are 'cheating' with their numbers again so they already outnumber us by far. :ph34r.:

Doesn't mean a thing at this stage ;)

Vows cannot be altered, nor can you have two running at the same time. You need to finish the Captain before doing anything to Dante. Still time to do both :smile.:

Noted. Still have some green stuff work to do with the DC captain, so it will be a tight call. Fortunately the Dante is just assembly and basecoat, so it should be possible to do it in a day. :smile.:

I, Spyros, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a captain (with Power sword & MC Boltgun) for a combined total of 5 PL on or before 23:59 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow upheld!

B&Z2018 HQ Vow complete

so, the parts for my apothecary didn't arrive, so i shan't be making him for the vow. Means I'm doing a single thing, thats the gravis captain, and because I've had such a rubbish week, I don't know if I'll even get him finished to be honest.

Oh and I started cutting him up yesterday before realising I never actually vowed, so... no idea if this is even valid.

I Blindhamster rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Gravis Captain on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.

med_gallery_14877_13354_568374.jpg

(picture was taken this morning in a rush before leaving for work, you see:

groin from an aggressor

legs from gravis captain

upper torso from gravis captain

top of gauntlet from gravis captain

back of gravis captain.

I am using aggressor arms as a basis for the arms, with bits from gravis captain also being used, BA upgrade parts as well, along with sculpting)

I'll have a quick work with Ace and get back to with regards to it's legality for the event :)

Obviously going to work on him regardless, But thanks :)

so, the parts for my apothecary didn't arrive, so i shan't be making him for the vow. Means I'm doing a single thing, thats the gravis captain, and because I've had such a rubbish week, I don't know if I'll even get him finished to be honest.

Oh and I started cutting him up yesterday before realising I never actually vowed, so... no idea if this is even valid.

I Blindhamster rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build:

One Gravis Captain on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.

med_gallery_14877_13354_568374.jpg

(picture was taken this morning in a rush before leaving for work, you see:

groin from an aggressor

legs from gravis captain

upper torso from gravis captain

top of gauntlet from gravis captain

back of gravis captain.

I am using aggressor arms as a basis for the arms, with bits from gravis captain also being used, BA upgrade parts as well, along with sculpting)

I'll have a quick work with Ace and get back to with regards to it's legality for the event :)
Obviously going to work on him regardless, But thanks :)

It's got a green light :tu:

Part of my order has arrived today: Karlaen and brother Calistarius, so I'm back in the game ;)
Unfortunately Calistarius came already glued, so I cannot use him, but still:

I Majkhel, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a Captain in Terminator armor for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...
gallery_105306_14251_142565.jpeg
I do not plan to alter him much at this point. He'll get a scenic base for sure though.

There is still a small chance that brother Gideon will arrive on Monday...

Update:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229711-img-3324/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229712-img-3326/

I make that vow complete?

In the case of the PA captain, the following parts were used:

- Cape, combi-melta and right arm from standard Captain/Commander kit

- Left arm from command squad kit (company champion sword)

- breastplate, helmet and shoulderpads from BA upgrade sprue

- tabarded legs from Sternguard Veteran squad

Vow completed!

BdyAejm.jpgwp2KJIY.jpg

Had a few hours break of rain and humidity dropped to mid 60's. Took my chance and went for it. He's a little furry but nothing I can't live with.

Also included a shot showing the magnetisation options - faceplate, fist weapon, underside gun, and smoke launcher/searchlight which sit on the magnets hidden inside the frame for the Magna-Grapple to attach to when I switch over to the Furioso.

Not sure why he is looking so orange here - bad lighting. Definitely looking Army Painter Pure Red from where I'm sitting!

can i paint my mephi now or do i need to wait for something else to happen?

If your vow is completed you can paint it now ... or you wait for the ETL and paint it then. At least that's how I understood it. :P

Relentless Pursuit rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Lord Commander Dante, Warden of the Nihilus for a total of 11PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

cXRUg0u.jpg?1

vow complete!

V2wJsJf.jpg?1

1st vow completed!

gallery_104948_14179_155332.jpg

Legs and jump pack are from DC chaplain sprue, torso is from the blood angels uprage sprue, shield and hammer are from assault terminator kit combined with arms from random bits. Also few random pieces from here and there, and some green stuff to hold everything in place.

I should still have plenty of time to complete a second vow, so why not. I also remembered that I have an old chaplain from 3rd ed (?), that has not have taken care of in a very long time. In fact there the guy that gave this to me had removed all the blood drop insignias and removed the crozius. Its about time to try to restore this cool piece of history, although I have to use a crozius from the new kit for now as I don't have any old ones in my bit box.

I Kaese rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Commander Dante and Chaplain on foot for a combined total of 16PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_317270.jpg

P.S. I included the DC captain there to show that I haven't cut corners between the first and the second vow :wink:

Archived