=][= B&Z 2018 - Blood Angels HQ Stratagem =][=

Jolemai

Jol, where are we with regards to points? Have we a calculated total up to this point?

Are we going to do a pledged vs. completed points total, and a points vs. points for each event leading up to the final.

The points for us are calculated up to the red text saying "updated to here", with the score and score breakdown shown on the OP.

As per the rules thread it's a straight completed Vs completed to win each category, and there are seven categories...

Vow Complete

I Thoridon rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build The Sanguinor and a Librarian with Jump Pack for a combined total of 16 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018.

O5cFY45.jpg

Being the final 12 hours I'll keep it simple and get these two built and primed. With the Librarian I'll use a jump pack I have from another kit and probably look through my spare bits to change his axe and plasma pistol into other weapons.

Showing modifications to Librarian:

- Added the jump pack

- Replaced the axe with a sword

- Replaced the complete left plasma pistol arm with a BA bolt pistol and BA shoulder pad

Wr8nJNS.jpg

Base coat done:

yjHutpr.jpg

2nd vow completed!

gallery_104948_14179_46425.jpg

Dante has nothing fancy, just the normal build. The 2nd edition Chaplain was a bit trickier. The backpack didn't fit, so I had to remove the "air filter spheres" on the sides, and re-locate them a bit for better fit. The blood drop insignias that were filed off on the chest and bolter were replaced by small skulls. I dried to sculpt blood drops but it was surprisingly difficult in this size :blush.:

I don't think my vow will be completed in time except possibly if i forgo a cloak :(

this is where he's at build wise:

med_gallery_14877_13354_416985.jpg

other pictures etc on blog post:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/335744-baals-new-heroes-a-primaris-blog/page-6

at the absolute minimum i need to sand/carve the tabard a bit to smooth it a bit and add some details to each shoulder plus a blood drop pendant here and there. I'd really like to have a cloak on him, but struggling to work out a good way to sculpt it, and it definitely wouldn't be cured in time now.

The joys of not getting to start my vow till thursday.

I don't think my vow will be completed in time except possibly if i forgo a cloak :sad.:

this is where he's at build wise:

med_gallery_14877_13354_416985.jpg

other pictures etc on blog post:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/335744-baals-new-heroes-a-primaris-blog/page-6

at the absolute minimum i need to sand/carve the tabard a bit to smooth it a bit and add some details to each shoulder plus a blood drop pendant here and there. I'd really like to have a cloak on him, but struggling to work out a good way to sculpt it, and it definitely wouldn't be cured in time now.

The joys of not getting to start my vow till thursday.

Well since nobody's forcing you to paint it yet you can still add the cloak after priming it I guess. ;)

I, Spyros, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a captain (with Power sword & MC Boltgun) for a combined total of 5 PL on or before 23:59 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

Vow upheld!

Nicely done Spyros, five points for Gryffindor!

Erm :ermm:

... the Blood Angels! See you in one of the other categories?

Vow completed for 9x19 Parabellum , Mephiston/Primaris Librarian conversion:

gallery_95196_14253_464000.jpg

gallery_95196_14253_398831.jpg

gallery_95196_14253_38224.jpg

Nice use of bits and the model looks great :smile.: However, to be safe, I'll be running this through as a converted Primaris Librarian. He will give a 25 % bonus (so 2 points after rounding up from 1.75) for 9 PL total.

Btw, what undercoat have you used?

Part of my order has arrived today: Karlaen and brother Calistarius, so I'm back in the game :wink:

Unfortunately Calistarius came already glued, so I cannot use him, but still:

I Majkhel, rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build a

Captain in Terminator armor for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_105306_14251_142565.jpeg

I do not plan to alter him much at this point. He'll get a scenic base for sure though.

There is still a small chance that brother Gideon will arrive on Monday...

Great pose on the DC smash-captain, Kaese!

My 3rd vow completed!

gallery_105306_14251_48474.jpg

Not many changes, but still managed to magnetize left hand so that he could use a stormshield. Also added another shield from the GK sprue, scenic base with a skull from SW terminator, and a purity seal on the hammer.

I've also removed the chalice from the iron halo. That way it would be less prone to random snapping off. It also looks better in my opinion. And I can always use one more chalice somewhere :biggrin.:

First picture shows final all-black version. 2nd and 3rd pictures show all additions/changes unpainted.

Three vows in a week is impressive, certainly, well done! I'm going to award a base amount of 7 PL for this but that shouldn't detract from a great category for you :) I note the black undercoat - are you building up to gold or red from there in the future?

I Reyner rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build 1 Captain in Terminator Armour for a combined total of 7 PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels, whilst failure is not an option...

WIP:

gallery_26119_8381_336968.jpg

Update:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229711-img-3324/

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/229712-img-3326/

I make that vow complete?

In the case of the PA captain, the following parts were used:

- Cape, combi-melta and right arm from standard Captain/Commander kit

- Left arm from command squad kit (company champion sword)

- breastplate, helmet and shoulderpads from BA upgrade sprue

- tabarded legs from Sternguard Veteran squad

That is complete, yes. Well done! Your PA kitabash looks very neat and get use of bits! He gets a 50 % bonus (which is 3 after rounding from 2.5) for a total of 8 to compliment the 7 from Karlaen the TDA Captain. Anything planned for the next category?

Relentless Pursuit rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Lord Commander Dante, Warden of the Nihilus for a total of 11PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

cXRUg0u.jpg?1

vow complete!

V2wJsJf.jpg?1

was this all good?

Vow completed!

BdyAejm.jpgwp2KJIY.jpg

Had a few hours break of rain and humidity dropped to mid 60's. Took my chance and went for it. He's a little furry but nothing I can't live with.

Also included a shot showing the magnetisation options - faceplate, fist weapon, underside gun, and smoke launcher/searchlight which sit on the magnets hidden inside the frame for the Magna-Grapple to attach to when I switch over to the Furioso.

Not sure why he is looking so orange here - bad lighting. Definitely looking Army Painter Pure Red from where I'm sitting!

Do like :wub: I'll also be stealing some of that as mine is still blue-tacked... :blush.:

Sorry you've had trouble with the undercoat but it does look fine from here FWIW :)

Relentless Pursuit rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Lord Commander Dante, Warden of the Nihilus for a total of 11PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

cXRUg0u.jpg?1

vow complete!

V2wJsJf.jpg?1

cXRUg0u.jpg?1

vow complete!

V2wJsJf.jpg?1

was this all good?

Let me get around to it :teehee:

But yes, it's a perfect completion. Sorry for the wait on confirmation; I like to have time to comment and update the OP at a desktop :blush.:

What undercoat did you use? Doesn't look like Retributor...?

Hey guys,

I know I didn't have to but I enjoyed building Dante so much I decided to paint him!

rAZ2yil.jpg?1

... and that is a stunning Dante model (that wont fall over all the time), congrats :)

Axe recipe?

It was retributor but for the first time ever I had an issue with the can and it was literally a glitter cannon very little in the way of paint sticking to the model but lots of metal filings!!

Thank you for the compliment - he has a blood pin running from the bottom of the cork all the way up to his knee lol , very secure.

Axe was caliban base , drybrush 70% warpstone glow , drybrush 20% moot green and then light drybrush of whitescar.

1st vow completed!

gallery_104948_14179_155332.jpg

Legs and jump pack are from DC chaplain sprue, torso is from the blood angels uprage sprue, shield and hammer are from assault terminator kit combined with arms from random bits. Also few random pieces from here and there, and some green stuff to hold everything in place.

I should still have plenty of time to complete a second vow, so why not. I also remembered that I have an old chaplain from 3rd ed (?), that has not have taken care of in a very long time. In fact there the guy that gave this to me had removed all the blood drop insignias and removed the crozius. Its about time to try to restore this cool piece of history, although I have to use a crozius from the new kit for now as I don't have any old ones in my bit box.

I Kaese rise to the HQ challenge of Blood & Zeal and vow to build Commander Dante and Chaplain on foot for a combined total of 16PL on or before 2359 UTC February 26th, 2018. Success will bring honour to the Blood Angels Faction, whilst failure is not an option...

gallery_104948_14179_317270.jpg

P.S. I included the DC captain there to show that I haven't cut corners between the first and the second vow :wink:

2nd vow completed!

gallery_104948_14179_46425.jpg

Dante has nothing fancy, just the normal build. The 2nd edition Chaplain was a bit trickier. The backpack didn't fit, so I had to remove the "air filter spheres" on the sides, and re-locate them a bit for better fit. The blood drop insignias that were filed off on the chest and bolter were replaced by small skulls. I dried to sculpt blood drops but it was surprisingly difficult in this size :blush.:

Congratulations on completing both vows! Captain Smashypants/Slamguinius looks great; I would never have thought of going off the DC Chaplain to build him. He's certainly got a lot of urgency about him and has net us a 50 % bonus for a total of 9 PL (6 + 3). As for Dante, I'm a tad envious that you have a metal one with a axe that isn't knackered...

I may be biassed, but that Chaplain restoration looks fantastic. I also know from my Cypher conversion in last year's GBBO how tricky repositioning backpacks are. He gets a 25 % bonus for a total of six points (1.25 rounds down to 1).

All in all they look great together :)

Vow complete :biggrin.: Undercoat is a bit sloppy but that will teach me to leave it to the last minute and rush it... pleased with how not-Delassio turned out though, he'll make an awesome looking Lieutenant :smile.:

med_gallery_27469_12034_1613396.jpg

All fine, great job on the completion :tu:

How did you hide the detail you had to chop through on the sword change? You may have noticed that I've used him for inspiration with my second vow... Oh, and the Lieutenant gets a 25 % bonus :)

That is complete, yes. Well done! Your PA kitabash looks very neat and get use of bits! He gets a 50 % bonus (which is 3 after rounding from 2.5) for a total of 8 to compliment the 7 from Karlaen the TDA Captain. Anything planned for the next category?

Thank you! Yes I am super-happy with how the PA Captain kitbash turned out. Glad to contribute the extra credits!

The next strat is troops isn’t it? I will have to pass I think unless I can find any unassembled grunts. If I can find any, you know I will vow them. Would a combat squad be acceptable? Pretty sure I don’t have a full tactical squad that aren’t already built...

Vow finished!  I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, and I can't wait to get some paint on him!

That Phoros looks stunning. Shopping list? He looks like a really extensive conversion so I'll give him the 50 % bonus (10 + 5 = 15 total) unless told otherwise...

Next on the plate (literally).

med_gallery_101149_13675_229155.jpg

Another BA primaris Lt.

On a side note, I thought one of the primaris kits I had previously was a captain. In actuallity, I think they're all Lieutenants.

med_gallery_101149_13675_230252.jpg

So right now score is 26 (?).

3 X 5 for primaris lts.

1 X 11 for Dante.

I'm almost done with my DC captain. He'll bring the total to 32.

Edit: Vow complete, 32 points.

med_gallery_101149_13675_387250.jpg

Edited, to three Lieutenants for what I'm sure is an honest mistake, I struggle with the new stuff as I'm unfamiliar with it too :smile.:

32 points are correct, however, your DC Captain nets us a 50 % bonus (so three extra points) for the kitbash. Have you a parts list? Also this is the first grey undercoat submitted so far... and it's surprisingly hard to make out :unsure.: what spray is it?

Phoros is made up of a reposed Mk III tactical marine (I had to cut up the legs and arms to get the pose right), 30k ahriman's cape with the back pack cut off, the sword, the other hand and the head are from the sanguinary guard, the iron halo is a grey knight warding staff top with the skull cut out, one of the shoulders is from the sternguard and the other is from the death company (i think!) with the grail shaved off and a heart scuplted in its place.  I also sculpted the top part of the cape and a sling for his melta gun, for which I made some sling swivels out of paper clip, I also sculpted the tongue and severed neck of the carnifex on the base.... So yeah, if you want to call it an extensive conversion I wouldn't disagree, but I will leave that up to you.  No matter how many points he earns, I'm happy with him. :yes:

Archived