Kaiju Soze's The Firebringers CSM - On Wings of Blood

Go to solution Solved by Surreal Cruelty,

He looks great! I went back a few posts but perhaps not far enough, but how did you shape the greenstuff to get this corrugated look? Did you shape each "ripple" manually?

Ah, I guess you rolled it - with the wire inside - on top of some kind of textured roller, is that it?

Edited by Miek

He looks great! I went back a few posts but perhaps not far enough, but how did you shape the greenstuff to get this corrugated look? Did you shape each "ripple" manually?

Ah, I guess you rolled it - with the wire inside - on top of done kind of textured roller, is that it?

Greenstuffworld's roll maker, it's a set of 6 paired plates with different sized ridges on each pair (plus pieces to hold the plates in place). All of these were made with the large ridges, the top arm was then flattened out a bit to create the segmented look.

The tendrils and the Warsmith turned out great!  Look forward to seeing him painted.

As for the exhaust...hmm.  Maybe more tendrils with just connections at the end?

Thank you.  I'm currently thinking (because I've been too busy with work) about using one of the smaller heads off the chaos vehicle sprue, cutting the lower jaw off and placing it over the tendril.  I'm a little wary of adding too many tendrils, it's something that would be easy to go overboard on.

• 2 weeks later...

Those berzerker conversions with the Corpse Grinder heads are inspired. I'd assumed they'd be too small for a Marine body. Might have to nick that at some point, even if just for a character.

Dragonlover

It's a legitimate concern, so I ordered a single head and chaos marine torso from Bitzbox to do a test run first.  I'd expected to have to do a little more work, but it turns out not really.  Only the aspiring champion needed some extra filling in on the neck to get the head seated properly.

• 1 month later...

The new models look most promising. Is the power armored woman a corrupted Sister of Battle, a former Inquisitor who turned to Chaos, or an Emperor's Children member who got genderbent for Slaanesh's amusement?

Corrupted Adepta Sororitas, much like Scarlett, the Master of Executions I've posted previously, though this one is just an Aspiring Champion (as is the third, who I'm still in the process of painting).

And because I've actually had the motivation to keep painting, here's todays efforts.

Firstly, the final corrupted Sororitas (now an Aspiring Champion)

W9JTT9b.jpg

Then the half a squad of Berzerkers I managed to undercoat before my Chaos Black spray ran out.

Kp9uzcC.jpg

QQuPSYy.jpg

Pu7oj1D.jpg

a8TUqqQ.jpg

IvZLrU8.jpg

And finally, testing out the colour scheme on a Plague Marine to see how well it works on other cult troops.

m92FPpx.jpg

• 1 month later...

Things I've built recently: Chosen Champion (converted from Sister of SIlence), Warp Talon Champion (converted from Necromunda Escher), Warp Talons (with Sanguinary Guard jump packs), Raptors (With loyalist torsos/legs and shoulder pads), Sorcerer with Jump Pack (from a left over raptor/warp talon with Possessed wings)

Things I've painted recently: These two

MqlneIz.jpg

aLneXz7.jpg

hUDDyr2.jpg

MLrrhKH.jpg

ak9fBNY.jpg

9NER3Vi.jpg

uHYSc6G.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A new Chaos Spawn (more or less)

wpsYD6P.jpg

2F31VWn.jpg

D8qw8Ba.jpg

Two new Chosen: The Beast...

hAAI6Rs.jpg

OVlFO7t.jpg

KuBf3jM.jpg

...and The Fury

5LEx3hp.jpg

4f4zLqi.jpg

And together for a size comparison (Because The Beast is a bit ridiculous for a 1 wound model).

k7NPysy.jpg

Angelica, Exalted Champion and Khornate Murder Princess (v2)

4HGIovQ.jpg

EyPsVND.jpg

5czaYmH.jpg

Two Chosen: The Worst (on your left) and The Storm (on your right)

OaQPFCs.jpg

1Rr3pSn.jpg

And a still messy Rhino that I haven't finished painting yet

6rj2VDr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome stuff, love your warpsmith and chosen, especially The Beast

Everyone loves the Beast, as ridiculous as the conversion is.

Anyway, here's two more Chosen; The Surgeon (former Apothecary) and the Crusader (former Company Champion)

AnixO5U.jpg

y5FWxi2.jpg

• 8 months later...

Well, it's been a while.

In the hopes of eventually actually getting to play some 9th Edition, I decided to update my Chaos Lord a little.

IJG8Rd4.jpg

RvGVKSG.jpg

vKlHzBm.jpg

3LqqXf2.jpg

I also threw together a couple of Marines with reaper chaincannons

r56jw5d.jpg

tKPrOEq.jpg

and a marine with Great Chainaxe (still in loyalist armour because one of my melee squads are fresh recruits to heresy)

t5wmT9P.jpg

VkkgUvr.jpg

• 3 months later...

Slowly continuing to work on this army, and add a few new additions with the new codex.  FIrst of all, an Exalted Champion based on a Havoc Champion.  This was supposed to be a cheap HQ option with combi-bolter and Power Sword.  And then the fixed load out rumours started.  And since I didn't (and still don't) feel like pulling apart the models I've built I decided the WIP Exalted Champion should probably have the "correct" weapons.

TtyWfet.jpg

9pP3gF6.jpg

ht3z2Mm.jpg

And then, an idea that got a little away from me.  Convert a Sisters Celestine Sacrosant into a Chaos version.  You just need to swap the weapon.  And the shoulder pads.  And stick a skull on the shield.  And maybe add an icon of Khorne (or two).  And find a new weapon again because all the cool Age of Sigmar weapons are too big.  And replace the ball parts of the backpack with Corpse Grinder shoulder pads to give her a fun Chaos Halo.  And swap the weapon again because now you want to use her as an Aspiring Champion of Khorne with a daemonblade.

Which ended up coming from a Warcry Tarantulos Brood figure, after I went into my local Warhammer store just to look at the weapons on various kits for inspiration.  Otherwise, I probably would have never thought of the spider cultists.

6QpvQCh.jpg

vBFWX7j.jpg

QwTbcp3.jpg

LPt6OoT.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently I hadn't painted anything for a year.  And received a wet palette for Christmas that I still hadn't tried out.  So that had to change.  She doesn't have a name yet, but she'll be leading a second unit of Khorne legionaries (after the Berserkers getting "demoted" back down to Legionaries.  S5 Ap-2 Chainswords? Not bad.)

l98DloD.jpg

hp548oX.jpg

lc65TQM.jpg

Ewli2Q7.jpg

Edited by Kaiju Soze