Kaiju Soze's The Firebringers CSM - On Wings of Blood

Go to solution Solved by Surreal Cruelty,

After the previews for the new Codex: CSM started I decided I wanted to have some Balefire Acolytes for my existing Legionary squads.  Which meant finding bodies that would be in scale with the older plastics, and would also be immediately obvious as Acolytes.  Enter the Dark Angels Veterans kit and its robed bodies and hooded heads.  Given that my Sorcerer is made from a Phobos librarian, and both the Sorcerer and Master of Possessions have red robes, this seemed pretty easy.  Hurray for visual continuity.  Red robes? Psyker. Easy.

Except for the Aspiring Sorcerer in the rubric squad I haven't painted yet.

Of course, sculpting flames for the first time turned out a little harder than I expected.

And then the codex would make the book the upgrade, which neither of these actually possess. Typical.

Painted them up all the same.  And they clearly aren't regular CSM, so they still work as intended.

cLgAfqU.jpg

DBJi7IT.jpg

DegrrSX.jpg

cnmyPDB.jpg

0s4oOq5.jpg

oLYXrsn.jpg

crMNByS.jpg

0cVRMAz.jpg

• 7 months later...

I really should update this thread more often, but here we are.  I'm still working on things, and finally getting some regular gaming in.  Started painting a batch of minis this week, mostly Aspiring Champions and special weapons troopers to sub in and out of my legionaries as necessary, but also a couple of HQ choices.  The Dark Apostle is a very basic kitbash with a not-quite-as-basic paint scheme because a) I wanted something to break up all the black and b) the mini has substantially less trim than typical CSM characters.  Cypher got painted in pretty much the same scheme because I wanted colours that would blend in with the rest of my army, but a layout that was more or less unique (at least when I planned it; the Apostle came around later and stole the pattern).

vGVL2tt.jpg

X4v7N0L.jpg

j3HiMfO.jpg

hDCczRD.jpg

• 5 months later...

On Wings of Blood

20230803_170014.thumb.jpg.022c94920b15b11eb864c8f826405ebf.jpg

20230803_165240.thumb.jpg.609dca43136606f614d42278b65df472.jpg

Inspired by Arcs of Omen: Angron, and the murder curse, I decided to make my first actual squad of Dark Sororitas. So these Sisters used to be Zephyrim but now serve as Raptors.

The champion is loosely based on the Dreamblade miniature Marion Bound to Pain, and is a conversion I was probably going to do sooner or later. AoO:A just gave me the excuse to give her some friends.