New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Hopefully we'll have relic versions of every Questoris/Dominus chassis main weapons...

Aaaaand with this I now wonder what rules the (if it exists) Relic-Harpoon has! Maybe that's why the weapon can't pull its opponent :drool: (although that would be a cheap way of diferentiating the regular harpoon from the relic)

No last one is the preceptor. At least that's what the rumour sources have been saying. They've been pretty accurate so far.

Freeblades are a keyword thing. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to have a dominus knight as a free blade etc.

Oh yes the preceptor, I wonder what will be so special about that apart from the new laser weapon.

22 relics is good and all but it sounds like an awful lot considering you would use about 1-2 a game. Probably a few of them will be worth it too.

Well given the the dfference between a paladin and an errant is the weapon, my guess is its just the weapon, potentially. Which I'm perfectly fine with since i just want the kit for the pilot, the unique looking bits and a new gun, but don't want to build him as the freeblade character

Adamantum Knight is VERY interesting. I don't recall seeing anything like that before. Auto failure of any wound roll against you 50% of the time, regardless of the weapons strength.

Adamantum Knight Lancer Warlord with Landstrider.

More and more I like the look of Vulker.

Fitting 3 big knights and 6 Warglaives/Helverins into 2k...

Maybe Gallants are about to make a comeback

this is LOT for 2K....maybe it'll be a little less.

I'm thinking about 2 detachment of LoW, each 3 LoW. And for the rest, Admech with Enginseer to repair and take objo (vanguard with plasma)

that relic gatling o.O

Yeah....that would be a good one vs Necron vehicles...since you get lots of shots with 2D or less - harder for them to use their quantum shielding.....

heavy 14, dam 2, 6's explode to an auto hit....

I see this as a required relic, its great at everything from killing massed troops to shredding the thickest armor

So 4 helivers and a castellan cost 1290. That's leaves 710 in 2k or 460 in 1750. So enough for an allied detachment at 1750 or one knight or a knight and allies at 2k. That seems good to me! Or no dominus knight and probably more little things....choices!!

Very interested in seeing how the helverins end up comparing to the ironstrider balistarii. Again, stratagems etc will be everything.

The plethora of customizable rulesets available through the freeblade options seem very promising. Again, stacking these bonuses with stratagems, relics, warlord traits etc can potentially produce the "go to" combinations people will use competitively. Will be very interesting to see what emerges in the coming days.

Very interested in seeing how the helverins end up comparing to the ironstrider balistarii. Again, stratagems etc will be everything.

(Inserts why not both gif)

Does anyone know what the protector knight is? Would that likey be a weapon variation of the little guys?

The Preceptor?

No, it's based around the Questorus chassis seemingly.

Archived