New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Honestly if you can't keep a large enough area around the dominus cleared with armigers to prevent slamguinius from dropping on him you've probably already lost, especially since you have a whole turn with the flamer before he can drop on you. Just make sure he can't deploy within 12" and you're golden.

Oh sure, but most of the time I get caught out when he starts on the board, or drops in behind line of sight blocking terrain. Yes, good screening stops him dropping in and charging, but most blood angel players know how to play around good screens, using the character special rule and or LoS terrain. The Valient also wants to be within 12" of stuff, I wasn't talking about a castellan that can sit cosy in your back line.

Before we get our knickers in a twist, do we know that the dominus has a 5+ ion shield. If it has a 4+, then makes sense that buffing it to a storm shield level invun will be a lot of CP. It seems like there's going to be quite a few 2 CP strats, so hopefully we have plenty of ways to get a lot of CP to start or farm them in game

I was just going to ask that, I assume it's 5++ but if it's 4++ then I'm totally okay with a 3CP rotate ion shield

I'm willing to bet it'll be a 5++ unfortunately :/

One LOW detachment with a crusader + 2 Armiger / Helverins. An Stygies Batallion with lots of Skitarii, a unit of Dragoons and maybe some Crawlers.

A Crusader + 2 Armigers looks like it will weight in at around 800 points. That gives plenty of options for a Battalion of your favourite allies.

I am tempted by Blood Angels. A couple of squads of Intercessors for durable ObjSec, a squad or 2 of Scouts for screening and a squad of DC for munching hordes. Add Captain Smash, Lemartes and possibly Mephiston and that should come to around 1750 points (give or take a bit).

I don´t know man... Sure I can see your point it is tanky as hell which could be quite handy indeed. But I´m not really impressed from it´s offensive output,...

Well, you're killing roughly 13 GEQ a turn with one, and 12 wounds per round to a Knight on average, 30 wounds worth of damage being possible.

That's not to shabby for the cost.

Well 13 Guardsman are what, 48 points? Not really impressive.

And yes it is king against other knights, but now run your simulation against targets with a high ++ in close combat like Magnus or those pesky necrons with a 3++.

There was some talk in the youtube review about the super heavy detachment have some restrictions in the knight codex.. something about the detachment had to be filled with the same type of unit..like 3 armigers og 3 knights..anyone else catch that?

There was some talk in the youtube review about the super heavy detachment have some restrictions in the knight codex.. something about the detachment had to be filled with the same type of unit..like 3 armigers og 3 knights..anyone else catch that?

I'm guessing you get a CP bonus if you fill the Detachment with 1 Knight and 2 Armigers/Heligers. Makes it fluffy 

I'm guessing you get a CP bonus if you fill the Detachment with 1 Knight and 2 Armigers/Heligers. Makes it fluffy 

I hope so!  Really curious how they will help Knights get CP in a stand-alone army.  Easier to do with allies, but with few models, getting CP somehow is going to be important in a stand-alone force.

Didn't they increase the amount of CP you gain from having a SH Detatchment? If you have 3 knights in one, 3 armigers in a second and battle forged you'll have 9 CP? That's not a bad number if you don't want allies.

Nope, they just said you'll only get the bonus for SH detachment if you take 3 big guys. Oh well

Nope, they just said you'll only get the bonus for SH detachment if you take 3 big guys. Oh well

Command points are the same but you can't make one a character without three big knights.

I don´t know man... Sure I can see your point it is tanky as hell which could be quite handy indeed. But I´m not really impressed from it´s offensive output,...

Well, you're killing roughly 13 GEQ a turn with one, and 12 wounds per round to a Knight on average, 30 wounds worth of damage being possible.

That's not to shabby for the cost.

Well 13 Guardsman are what, 48 points? Not really impressive.

And yes it is king against other knights, but now run your simulation against targets with a high ++ in close combat like Magnus or those pesky necrons with a 3++.

Magnus is dead in one turn much of the time. Just on an average turn he'll have 5 wounds left from 18. If he's on the board he'll generally have taken a bunch of shooting the phase before anyway.

Nothing in the Necron list that I can see with a 4++ has enough wounds to survive an average round of combat.

That is... Really painful. 0 CP for 2 Armigers and a big guy? And no character rule?

And here I wanted to make use of the little guys, not much point now.

They did reclarify it and this is in fact correct. Really not sure what GWs goal is but this will not help the sale of the Armigers at all.

Might have misheard some of it, apologies in advance.

Extra A and WS for Gallant. Finally.

285 points for Questoris knights?

Avenger 75 points.

Reaper Chainsword now S+6

Stratagem can give another Knight a WL trait.

SHD knight lance rule: 1 knight becomes Character, can take relics, WL trait. Needs 3 big knights, armigers don't count, including for CP generation. 

Terryn WL trait reroll failed charges? Stratagem, 3 points, Glory and Honour, can fight again in CC.

Griffith +1 A first turn, WL trait, D3 mortal wounds on a 4+ after charging? Relic, Mark of the Lance, on a 2+, enemy takes mortal wounds, extra on a 6. Stratagem is Dragonslayer? bonus to wound against tough targets.

Hawkshroud, oathkeepers. Already know household. WL trait: Pick a unit, +1 to hit against it. Stratagem: Staunch allies, overwatch on behalf of an allied, can HI. Relic: 4+ ignore MW in the psychic phase?

Cadmus, re-roll wound rolls against models with less then 12W? WL trait, reduce damage rolls by 1.  Stratagem: 3 points, knight auspex. 3 CP seems a lot, maybe misheard. Opponents doesn't get cover saves, don't know what does it...

Mortan, bonus +1 to hit in fight phase, WL trait minus 1 to hit from 18". Stratagem, Slayers of Shadows, shoot without negative modifiers, example given assassin and Alaitoc rangers. Relic: Chainsword, wound roll of 6 gives extra D3 MW.

Raven, Advance house. WL trait, ignores AP-1. Stratagem: reroll all rolls of 1, (Hit, wound, damage, number of shots) Banner, re-roll hit rolls of 1 for friendly models within 6".

Taranis: Said they ignore regular damage on a 6, not MW. missed WL trait. Stratagem, Darkest hour; Destroyed knight, on a 4+ he stands up with D3 wounds left. Relic, thermal cannon Fury of Mars.

Stratagem, Machine spirit resurgent is in.

Krast: re-roll hit rolls on charge, or against Titanic. WL trait First Knight, Re-roll hit rolls of 1. Stratagem, 1 CP, controlled aggression. Hit roll of 6, 2 hits. Against Chaos, 3 hits. Relic, +1 Damage against models with 12 or more W. +2 against Titanic.

Vulker: re-roll hits rolls of 1 against closest enemy. WL trait; wound rolls of 1-3 is ignored. Stratagem, 1 CP saturation bombardment, hit rolls of 6 gives extra hit. Relic, Auric Mask, enemy rolls 2 dice for morale.

Generic WL trait -2 to enemy LD

4+ Ion shield.

Landstrider, +2 charge and advance to friendly models.

Stratagem, full tilt. Can advance and charge.

2CP oathbreaker guidance, already know.

Freeblades, already seen most I guess.

Sacristan Forgeshrine, dock. Repair: repairs, didn't say by how much. Refuel, move gets +D6" for next turn. Reload, next time you shoot, get maximum number of shots on a weapon.

As cool as Helliger is it's killing 4 guards men a turn.. That's not enough for Chaf removal it will be OK to strip a couple of wounds off light vehicles but I think it's weapons needed a fixed decent rate of fire, really could have been heavy 6 and just 1 damage

I think the smaller knight variants are meant more for clearing bigger targets and not chaff. The medium knights have the gatling guns and RFBC. 

So usually we get someone review the codex before release, is it before pre-order or before release though...?

TTT posted on facebook last night that their review should be up sometime tonight as well.

Honestly if you can't keep a large enough area around the dominus cleared with armigers to prevent slamguinius from dropping on him you've probably already lost, especially since you have a whole turn with the flamer before he can drop on you. Just make sure he can't deploy within 12" and you're golden.

The problem here is that if you are a blood angels player 12" bubble is not going to protect you. If a Blood Angels player wants their capt smash in they will get in.

It would be easy to fix the CP problem by making each knight give you cp. So the Armigers/Helverins give 1 CP each, the normal knights give 2 CP and the big boy gives you 3 CP

Listening to these guys talk about CP, it's like they don't know Imperial guard CP batteries exist...

The problem here is that some people want to run IK as a solo faction. So it is starting to seem like this codex is not designed to have them be run that way and that you have to have the cp batteries to even make the army work correctly. Also, CP batteries prevent you from taking IK warlord traits and relics.

Archived