New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

It is in a section for all Knights. It has no limit and is comprehensive in it's coverage. I expect a copy paste into the Knight Dex.

I'm sure that's true, but it still doesn't mean a thing until the other sources are FAQ'd. It's just super unlikely you'll see any mention of the FW Knights in the Codex, and Forgebane as a standalone game with it's own rules, isn't an update source for everywhere else that people will pay attention to :/

You're completely right. That's how it should work, and someone at GW obviously wants it that way, but they'll need to print it in an update to the Index sources for anyone to use it I fear. That's the only current source for FW Knight rules.

Someone at the FW rules team should be slapped. We have players with Secutarii and Ordinatus models collecting dust for ages now without even getting new beta rules after 8th dropped. Frustrating to see a studio I looked at with such admiration burn through their good will at such a pace.

It is in a section for all Knights. It has no limit and is comprehensive in it's coverage. I expect a copy paste into the Knight Dex.

I'm sure that's true, but it still doesn't mean a thing until the other sources are FAQ'd. It's just super unlikely you'll see any mention of the FW Knights in the Codex, and Forgebane as a standalone game with it's own rules, isn't an update source for everywhere else that people will pay attention to :/

You're completely right. That's how it should work, and someone at GW obviously wants it that way, but they'll need to print it in an update to the Index sources for anyone to use it I fear. That's the only current source for FW Knight rules.

Someone at the FW rules team should be slapped. We have players with Secutarii and Ordinatus models collecting dust for ages now without even getting new beta rules after 8th dropped. Frustrating to see a studio I looked at with such admiration burn through their good will at such a pace.

Gahh. Yes! There was a very specific promise made that all models from 7th would have rules in 8th from near day one in the indexes. I'm still wondering what happened to the Secutarii... -,-

FWIS/YMMV I took it to an event with my Styrix and some people already were using it and others took one look and we're fine with it.

It's the sensible way to handle things for sure. I'd have no problems with it and think you're totally correct. I'm just really aware of how litigious many within the community are :/

The real shame is that GW haven't addressed it thoroughly. Yet we've seen the equivalent of a spelling mistake FAQ'd across the board. O.o

I've brought my Porphyrion too as a part of a Questor Mechanicus force. Asked the organizers, who OK'ed it. Then I asked every opponent, who OK'ed it. If anyone would have said no, then I could have played them without the stratagems if I wanted to, or more likely, congratulated them on their honorable victory and grabbed a beer.

Oh that’s a shame. On a side note I have a small admech force. Likely expanding at some point.

I was considering getting one of the new Dominus class knights soon as well as a couple of Armiger class models. Magnetised etc. I have a fully magnetised crusader just now.

My question is should I spring for a Porphyrion(spelling) as well?

Is it worth it? And also why the smeg can’t we use stratagems on forgeworld knights?

Loving the new leaks too.

Now let's say that the terrain does indeed let you fire max shots on all weapons... Or even just one...

P O R P H Y R O N

:biggrin.:

'Hello, I'm Porphyron and I'll be dealing you 72 wounds today. Can I start you off with a lascannon shot?'

Now let's say that the terrain does indeed let you fire max shots on all weapons... Or even just one...

P O R P H Y R O N

'Hello, I'm Porphyron and I'll be dealing you 72 wounds today. Can I start you off with a lascannon shot?'

LOL!  That might be a game where you bring an alcoholic beverage for your opponent....please take this drink and sit down....you will need it....

I just typed up and sent my email to the rules team requesting at least a statement on a FAQ addressing the discrepancy in the Imperial Armor Index. I suggest you all do the same. Who knows, maybe we'll get something. 

40KFAQ@gwplc.com

Great idea buddy. Will get on that for sure.

P O R P H Y R O N

LOL!  That might be a game where you bring an alcoholic beverage for your opponent....please take this drink and sit down....you will need it....

Been there. The downside is when you're matched up against a party size bucket of Ork boyz, and you end up doing a bajillion wounds on four of them with almost 900 points of your army...

Oh that’s a shame. On a side note I have a small admech force. Likely expanding at some point.

I was considering getting one of the new Dominus class knights soon as well as a couple of Armiger class models. Magnetised etc. I have a fully magnetised crusader just now.

Is it worth it? And also why the smeg can’t we use stratagems on forgeworld knights?

The Porphyron is fantastic. The model is gorgeous, it hits like an absolute hammer (point at something, that thing get's deleted, up to and including Titans with a decent roll and some luck. It basically IS a Titan really. It's as big as a Warhound and even comes in the same packaging).

It's also massively expensive in both points and $$$ though, so you rarely see them fielded.

I recently acquired one, and regret nothing! :P

P O R P H Y R O N

Been there. The downside is when you're matched up against a party size bucket of Ork boyz, and you end up doing a bajillion wounds on four of them with almost 900 points of your army...

Haha, yeah. It definitely needs appropriate targets.

I did see one tap dance an opposing Knight to death after it was charged once. That was funny. The look on the other guys face...

The Porphyron is fantastic. The model is gorgeous, it hits like an absolute hammer (point at something, that thing get's deleted, up to and including Titans with a decent roll and some luck. It basically IS a Titan really. It's as big as a Warhound and even comes in the same packaging).

It's also massively expensive in both points and $$$ though, so you rarely see them fielded.

I recently acquired one, and regret nothing! :P

P O R P H Y R O N

LOL! That might be a game where you bring an alcoholic beverage for your opponent....please take this drink and sit down....you will need it....

Haha, yeah. It definitely needs appropriate targets.

I did see one tap dance an opposing Knight to death after it was charged once. That was funny. The look on the other guys face...

Cool, think you’ve sold me on it haha!

I just typed up and sent my email to the rules team requesting at least a statement on a FAQ addressing the discrepancy in the Imperial Armor Index. I suggest you all do the same. Who knows, maybe we'll get something.

40KFAQ@gwplc.com

Great idea buddy. Will get on that for sure.

Ask about the Magaeras ghost +100 points and extra power level too

Awesome!

For every Shadowsword you kill with it (while saying to said Shadowsword; 'No you *rasp*'), I'll buy you a beer ;)

Awesome!

For every Shadowsword you kill with it (while saying to said Shadowsword; 'No you *rasp*'), I'll buy you a beer ;)

Sounds like a deal. I’ve got a friend with a Warhound Titan and a guard army. I quite fancy bringing some heavy knights and Admech to try and take it down!

From spikeybits

combination of Mechanicus and Questor rules will be enough to fill a normal sized 8th edition codex, here is the rumored breakdown:

120+ page codex

12 Knight Datasheets (one fortification)

9 Traditions (House Rules)

29 Strategems

6 Generic Warlord Traits, including the 4+ inv we saw already, command point buffs, and re-rolls etc.

9 House Warlord Traits including a -1 to hit your warlord out of 18″

22 Relics! Wow if Cawl’s super plasma cannon, and the 2+ sv above any indication, these will be worth more than a second glance.

Freeblade chart, which includes 6 bonuses and 6 drawbacks to use for customizing your very own character. Canis Rex comes preloaded with a bonus and a negative already (as well as a warlord trait).

Guest MistaGav

12 Knight Datasheets (one fortification)

From what I can work out we have 11 so far

Fort

Canis Rex (Character)

Castellan

Valiant

Armiger

Hellverin

Paladin

Errant

Crusader

Gallant

Warden

Maybe the last one is a freeblade type with mix and match weapons.

No last one is the preceptor. At least that's what the rumour sources have been saying. They've been pretty accurate so far.

Freeblades are a keyword thing. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to have a dominus knight as a free blade etc.

Guest MistaGav

No last one is the preceptor. At least that's what the rumour sources have been saying. They've been pretty accurate so far.

Freeblades are a keyword thing. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to have a dominus knight as a free blade etc.

Oh yes the preceptor, I wonder what will be so special about that apart from the new laser weapon.

22 relics is good and all but it sounds like an awful lot considering you would use about 1-2 a game. Probably a few of them will be worth it too.

Archived