New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

It's kind of strange the Preceptor gets so little leak coverage. I mean I get it, it's not the most interesting new addition. But I just wanna know more specifically what's up with it. I mean I do guess the only thing new about it is the weapon? But is the regular preceptors gun the same as Sir Hekhturs, which we did get a leak of?

I'm exposing my ignorance of the 8th edition rules maybe here: but can characters have more than 1 relic? I think we previously assumed Hekthurs relic might've been his special laser weapon, but wasn't he stated to have the paragon gauntlet detailed in today's article?

EDIT: nevermind, his fist was something else called the hand of liberty according to those rumors

His gauntlet is 'Hand of Liberty' supposedly? It was shown somewhere. Slightly different mechanically to the one shown today.

'Hand of Liberty (melee) S16 -4 2d6 Damage (always at least a 6) throws dead vehicles and monsters 9″ doing d3 MW on a 4+'

Nope 1 relic only per character sadly :'(

His gauntlet is 'Hand of Liberty' supposedly? It was shown somewhere. Slightly different mechanically to the one shown today.

Right which means the laser weapon detailed earlier in rumors is what the knight preceptor has, which means there's nothing really left to "reveal" about it. Alright. Cleared that up I guess. Though i still wanna know about the different small gun...

Very interested in seeing how the helverins end up comparing to the ironstrider balistarii. Again, stratagems etc will be everything.

(Inserts why not both gif)

Does anyone know what the protector knight is? Would that likey be a weapon variation of the little guys?

The Preceptor?

No, it's based around the Questorus chassis seemingly.

Excuse my ignorance. Which one is the questorus again?

Very interested in seeing how the helverins end up comparing to the ironstrider balistarii. Again, stratagems etc will be everything.

Does anyone know what the protector knight is? Would that likey be a weapon variation of the little guys?

The Preceptor?

No worries buddy, the Questorus is the vanilla Knight basically.

2 warden like + 4 armiger like = around 1600. So, in 2K game, you can add a small infantry bataillion

that'll be tigh for 1750 games as the most little entry is around 170 for a single LoW

Anything below 2k it'll probably be better to take one household detachment plus a lone freeblade plus your ally of choice. 4 knights and some infantry. At 2k you could do 6 knights and a small allied force but you'd be pretty tight on points.

The Preceptor?

No worries buddy, the Questorus is the vanilla Knight basically.

Oh so I imagine it’s a new weapon arm to magnetise. I had a knight crusader made as a commission. Looks like I will need to get the new part sorted

I mean surely we get more info on the perceptor the week of that preorder? The perceptor and Hekhtur is one dualkit right? Those pre-orders are not this week. So that info will be alongside the warglaive box.

Also 12points per missile is not bad, I really thought they'd be 18-20

I mean surely we get more info on the perceptor the week of that preorder? The perceptor and Hekhtur is one dualkit right? Those pre-orders are not this week. So that info will be alongside the warglaive box.

Also 12points per missile is not bad, I really thought they'd be 18-20

That's the impression I have buddy, yeah. Hekhtur and Preceptor are the same kit. I think there was something over on Spikey about a release date for them.

According to war of sigmar https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2987#disqus_thread

Most weapons, excluding the harpoon, get a relic upgrade. Amongst them is a S9, roll 3d6 pick the 2 best, shots battlecannon. (Mentioned in comments)

That would mean that the normal rapid-fire battlecannon is not uprgraded in either strength or amount of shots.

According to war of sigmar https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2987#disqus_thread

Most weapons, excluding the harpoon, get a relic upgrade. Amongst them is a S9, roll 3d6 pick the 2 best, shots battlecannon. (Mentioned in comments)

That would mean that the normal rapid-fire battlecannon is not uprgraded in either strength or amount of shots.

I like this idea because it allows a smaller knight force to hit a bit harder than before by taking a relic weapon while keeping larger knight forces from being too good. Basically the flip of what it was in 7th where lone knights got nothing and larger forces of knights had all the fun toys. Curious to see which weapons will be locked behind households.

Adamantum Knight is VERY interesting. I don't recall seeing anything like that before. Auto failure of any wound roll against you 50% of the time, regardless of the weapons strength.

This is damned awesome! It hurts Blood Angels Red Thirst a lot, las cannons, and a TON of other high strength weaponry. Really really like this. 

No relic Harpoon :'(

But Relic Volcano Lance...!

I NEED to know what this does....

Maybe roll 2d6 shots pick the highest. Maybe 2d3 shots/d6+1 shot. Maybe 4d3 damage. Maybe additional d3 mortal wounds on a wound roll of 6+. I doubt the really good weapons will get that much better but I like the flavour of it. 

I was actually discussing this with my friend earlier today, assuming we will get a 1 extra relic for 1 cp or 2 extra for 3cp stratagem. Is it possible to "restart" that stratagem since it's before battleround 1? So get 3 extra relics for 4cp and 5 extra for 6cp. We both came to the conclusion that it wouldn't matter since no army has that many good relics, I might no longer stand by that statement.

Maybe roll 2d6 shots pick the highest. Maybe 2d3 shots/d6+1 shot. Maybe 4d3 damage. Maybe additional d3 mortal wounds on a wound roll of 6+. I doubt the really good weapons will get that much better but I like the flavour of it. 

I was actually discussing this with my friend earlier today, assuming we will get a 1 extra relic for 1 cp or 2 extra for 3cp stratagem. Is it possible to "restart" that stratagem since it's before battleround 1? So get 3 extra relics for 4cp and 5 extra for 6cp. We both came to the conclusion that it wouldn't matter since no army has that many good relics, I might no longer stand by that statement.

Pretty sure the stratagems for relics clearly state they can only be used once.

I've spent the afternoon math-hammering all the new weapons to update a spreadsheet I use for reference...

I'm going to say it... that Harpoon? I don't like it :/

The single shot nature of it makes it so, so risky. When it hits, it does good damage, but you factor in the failure chance of the hit roll, then the wound roll, then an invuln save against it... and you end up with something getting close to a 50% chance of wiffing entirely. That's just going to get worse as you take damage too.

The volcano lance though, that's looking really good on paper against lots of targets. A relic version could really be something.

Harpoon used for purpose is better though?

Well, it'll one shot a Rhino, Leman Russ (with an average D3 roll) if it hits and wounds. The damage on it is high, and very consistent, the issue is landing the damage in the first place. You basically have 2 to 3 rolls with a chance of failure before you get the damage, and with just the one shot, there's a decent chance you'll get nothing.

That's really the issue, it's not reliably consistent. You get either OMGgolly geeBBQ!!!11 Damage, or you get absolutely nothing. Zip. Nada. 

With the fact the range is as short as it is too, I'd bet 9 times out of 10, you'll have taken enough fire getting in range to use it that you won't get a 3+ to hit either...

Pretty sure the stratagems for relics clearly state they can only be used once.

Huh, that it does. Clear as day. Nevermind then

Well, it'll one shot a Rhino, Leman Russ (with an average D3 roll) if it hits and wounds. The damage on it is high, and very consistent, the issue is landing the damage in the first place. You basically have 2 to 3 rolls with a chance of failure before you get the damage, and with just the one shot, there's a decent chance you'll get nothing.

That's really the issue, it's not reliably consistent. You get either OMG:cussBBQ!!!11 Damage, or you get absolutely nothing. Zip. Nada. 

With the fact the range is as short as it is too, I'd bet 9 times out of 10, you'll have taken enough fire getting in range to use it that you won't get a 3+ to hit either...

And even if you one-shot a rhino you still can't use the flamer to roast the guys inside. The harpoon doesn't interest me at all rules wise unfortunately, because the model of the weapon is quite cool. 

Well, you can still use the Machinespirit resurgent Stratagem to ignore hit penalty if you realy need to hit something hard.

Archived