New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Gallants are finally good. Their WS2 makes Death grip more reliable... And it's such a brutal stratagem. I'm glad the knights melee weapons are now useful, sadly for me it means I won't be getting any of the new dominus knights.

Kriegsmacht: I insert my standard caveat here that I'm more of a collector and painter than a gamer. So take my opinion with all the salt that's still healthy. I do have a good sense of numbers though and I find the Castellan to be the more consistent source of punishment dealing in my theory crafting, and not just solely because of the limiting melta range of  the Valiant's harpoon. 

Interesting. The stratagem (exalted court) that lets you pick a second warlord/character. Is used after picking your warlord (doesn't mention knights). So does that mean I could take a auxiliary super heavy detachment, make my tech priest dominus a warlord (give him the +1 repair warlod trait), and still get access to a knight character and warlord trait (assuming auxiliary super heavy detachments still get access to stratagems).

That would be pretty cool.

Those buying knights. If I wanted to armiger warglaives, is the only current way to get them forgebane?

For now, yes. I see no reason not to expect them next week along Canis Rex. I'll be very surprised if this is not the case.

Cool, thanks.

Guest MistaGav

Not sure if I've done the maths fully correct but I think it's possible to just squeeze two Crusaders, a Gallant and Castellan in 2k pts. Sounds pretty good to me with enough shooty/combat for most things.

Not sure if I've done the maths fully correct but I think it's possible to just squeeze two Crusaders, a Gallant and Castellan in 2k pts. Sounds pretty good to me with enough shooty/combat for most things.

Yes, you can fit all that. Crusaders are 485 each, the gallant is 354 and the Castellan is 593 or 604 depending on if you want more missiles (cheaper) or siegebreakers. That means you either have 83 points or 72 points left over for some carapace weapons at 2k points.

Yes, you can fit all that. Crusaders are 485 each, the gallant is 354 and the Castellan is 593 or 604 depending on if you want more missiles (cheaper) or siegebreakers. That means you either have 83 points or 72 points left over for some carapace weapons at 2k points.

I thought crusaders are 55 points cheaper. Didn’t WInters SEO say that the chassis is a 35 point drop and AGC is a 20 point drop too. Which means it’s 55 in total or did I hear that wrong? I was hoping it was 457 for a stock crusader now

I thought crusaders are 55 points cheaper. Didn’t WInters SEO say that the chassis is a 35 point drop and AGC is a 20 point drop too. Which means it’s 55 in total or did I hear that wrong? I was hoping it was 457 for a stock crusader now

You know what? That might actually be true, I calculated them with avengers and rapid fire battlecannons because I've always thought of that as "stock" crusaders, but it's really not. So 285+75+17+76+4 is 457. 

So, I threw this on the facebook, like it to see if it gets attention?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2036780379975924&id=1575682476085719

Might be worth adding this:

We were sold armigers in March as an easy way to fill a lord of war detachment for CP.: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/ 

From the article: Unlike other Lords of War, you’ll be able to fit up to three Armigers in a single slot, making filling out a Super-heavy Detachment – and netting three Command Points – easy! 

I mean they literally mislead us just to sell more forgebane boxes. 

So, I threw this on the facebook, like it to see if it gets attention?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2036780379975924&id=1575682476085719

Might be worth adding this:

We were sold armigers in March as an easy way to fill a lord of war detachment for CP.: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/12/unit-focus-armiger-warglaivesgw-homepage-post-4/ 

From the article: Unlike other Lords of War, you’ll be able to fit up to three Armigers in a single slot, making filling out a Super-heavy Detachment – and netting three Command Points – easy! 

I mean they literally mislead us just to sell more forgebane boxes. 

I think we need to see a clear picture of the rule in the codex before we can bring out the torches:)

Ohh, don't get me wrong, I still think its a good codex. I just find it crazy how broken the CP system is, hordes are the most tactically efficient armies it makes no sense, from a fluff or a gameplay perspective. Combined with the fact that hordes are just really good and elite armies just have a hard time. A pure knight army basically has 6CP. Why wouldn't you ally in an admech/guard battalion for 180-199pts? Its like GW is pushing soup. It bothers me even though I was alway planning on running my knights with an admech battalion. :)

We dont know 100% yet that we cant get CPs from armigers.:). I have yet to see a clear picture of the rules at least. Also from what i have seen elite armies have been dominating the tournament scene since the guard and tzeentch nerf. They sadly include a few guardsmen, but the rest is still very much an elite army. 

What are you talking about? You can get 3cp for the low cost of 1062 points (three base gallants), what more could you want? :tongue.:

See if it generated 6CP that would be nicer. Joking aside, and speaking of gallants. I think a freeblade galant with the 6" heroic intervention might be my solution to objective secure. I mean if done right that galant could be fighting every combat phase (yours and your opponents).  :)

Guest MistaGav

Sounds good to me. I'd do another list where drop one Crusader and possibly swap the other for the Warden to squeeze in the usual Custodes captains/AM Batallion for delicious CP farming.

We dont know 100% yet that we cant get CPs from armigers.:smile.:. I have yet to see a clear picture of the rules at least. Also from what i have seen elite armies have been dominating the tournament scene since the guard and tzeentch nerf. They sadly include a few guardsmen, but the rest is still very much an elite army. 

Of course, I'm only sneering at my pitchfork, not quite sharpening it yet :)

I juts dislike the idea that guard (or admech to a lesser extent) are basically needed. Our lack of objective secure would be enough of a nerf along with the fact that we wouldn't be swimming in CP anyways. Lets hope there might still be some ways of earning CP but I'm not holding my breath.

What are you talking about? You can get 3cp for the low cost of 1062 points (three base gallants), what more could you want? :tongue.:

See if it generated 6CP that would be nicer. Joking aside, and speaking of gallants. I think a freeblade galant with the 6" heroic intervention might be my solution to objective secure. I mean if done right that galant could be fighting every combat phase (yours and your opponents).  :smile.:

Yeah, the gallant with the relic thunderstrike gauntlet is pretty juicy! Couple that with the fist stratagem and he's quite scary for 350 points

In matched play you have to select a subfaction for each detachment, which would be the "IMPERIAL KNIGHTS" keywords. Which by extension makes each SHD a Knights detachment. There's nothing optional about the Knight Lance rule within it's rules text. We need to see if there's a prenote that makes it optional or not.

Edit: looking at the preview for the digital edition, it's not optional. Knight detachments get Household Traditions and the Knight Lance rules...

In matched play you have to select a subfaction for each detachment, which would be the "IMPERIAL KNIGHTS" keywords. Which by extension makes each SHD a Knights detachment. There's nothing optional about the Knight Lance rule within it's rules text. We need to see if there's a prenote that makes it optional or not.

Do you not select them using 'Household' in order to get the tradition, therefore it's not actually an Imperial Knights detachment?

I could easily be wrong, I'm not really sure I actually understand how lists work anymore.

Detachments become the highest level subfaction. A Hawkshroud SHD is still also a detachment of Imperial Knights. Plus according to that preview page you get Household Traditions because you're an IK Detachment

Let's talk about being creative, let's all do it creatively...

So boys, girls and toasters, a thought. The shrine thingy vs hordes or low model count close combat armies using a Dominus. Opt to go second (or not have the choice either or) and park the Dominus in it. 18 inches is long enough when the horde or cc wants to eat You, take the relic conflagration cannon for added joy and wait. 18 reroll to wound shots on whoever dares gets to you first

Archived