New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Umm so the whole knight lance thing is odd, if armigers don't count towards CP then why does the NZ preorder have a bundle named "Imperial Knight Lance" that contains two dominus and two helverins? That seems super confusing..

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Imperial%20Knight-Super-heavy-Detachment-2018

Also the renegade box is 290 NZD whereas the Castellan/Valiant is 330NZD, what the hell?

Wow that makes NO sense.. For the usual conversion you compare items, rumor was that Castellan was £100 which is 2xstart collecting boxes, they are $165NZ so Castellan is $330. This time it looks like the UK price of renegade is wrong

Umm so the whole knight lance thing is odd, if armigers don't count towards CP then why does the NZ preorder have a bundle named "Imperial Knight Lance" that contains two dominus and two helverins? That seems super confusing..

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Imperial%20Knight-Super-heavy-Detachment-2018

Also the renegade box is 290 NZD whereas the Castellan/Valiant is 330NZD, what the hell?

Well, because that's still a completely legal unit from what they've said - you can take that configuration, you just won't get the CP if it includes Armigers in any of the slots. Or so they seem to say on the stream O.o

Wow that makes NO sense.. For the usual conversion you compare items, rumor was that Castellan was £100 which is 2xstart collecting boxes, they are $165NZ so Castellan is $330. This time it looks like the UK price of renegade is wrong

290 NZD is supposedly 151 GBP? Renegades is up for pre-order here at 120 GBP - which is as stated. Guessing it's correct so far.

290 NZD is supposedly 151 GBP? Renegades is up for pre-order here at 120 GBP - which is as stated. Guessing it's correct so far.

Well that's just different taxes and stuff. The interesting/sad part is that the castellan/valiant is 10ish percent more than the renegade box, when it should be less by all accounts

Also, it's way too late for me to watch this for codex clues now but it might hold some interesting nuggets..

Well that's just different taxes and stuff. The interesting/sad part is that the castellan/valiant is 10ish percent more than the renegade box, when it should be less by all accounts

Hmm, I dunno. The comments I'd heard recently put it as being the most expensive single kit that has been produced for the Warhammer range outside of FW. I'm not going to be all that shocked at it costing more than Renegades :)

sJP9qpa.png

Huh. "...Command Benefit of each IK Super-heavy Detachment is changed None unless it contains any combinations of at least three QUESTORIS CLASS or DOMINUS CLASS"

So you get to use one as a character, with warlord traits, relics and all - but no command points? Still silly, but a lot better than what the guys in the stream told us.

sJP9qpa.png

Huh. "...Command Benefit of each IK Super-heavy Detachment is changed None unless it contains any combinations of at least three QUESTORIS CLASS or DOMINUS CLASS"

So you get to use one as a character, with warlord traits, relics and all - but no command points? Still silly, but a lot better than what the guys in the stream told us.

I know right?

I've literally no idea what they were thinking with this... The reasoning seemed to be, 'Yeah, we don't want people spamming Armigers for cheap CP' - DUDE! You WROTE the Guard Codex!!111bbq!

I'm going to go to sleep tonight, watching, as I close my eyes, Vect in a pimp suit, making it rain with CP's instead of Dollar bills; "Well, it's because we didn't get any of those super powerful stratagems... does anyone know if Agent Cruddace has reported in? He has? Oh good..."

Good lord... Been waiting for this for so long. This is almost breaking my heart :/

How is this army going to even play in a 1750 game without knee-capping itself?

sJP9qpa.png

At least most of the Codex isn't locked behind a paywall of big knights. No CP is painful; Especially when one of the leading advertisements on their own community site, for Armigers was easy CP. That is a low-blow.

But I'm glad I started Tempestus. They aren't as cheap of regular guard for CP but they'll get the job done.

Shouldn't the UK preorders be up by now by the way?

Not for another 9 1/2 hours or so.

10am they pop up.

Huh, forgebane I was able to preorder at midnight. Oh well..

Winters SEO confirms a 5++ against shooting for valiants and castellans

I didn’t get a chance to watch the stream, so correct me when I’m wrong. It seems to me that this “Knight Lance” is a sort of pseudo-formation from editions past, like the Baronial or Exalted Courts. My theory is SHD are unchanged, but Knights in the detachment won’t be able to add the Character keyword. The keyword can only be accessed through this Knight Lance “formation”, basically replicating the Baronial Court with the Baron spearheading the assault his two best warriors

Think I'm going to protest this via rules abuse.

We'll take that terrain piece, park Porphy the Wonder Knight in it, spam 72 wounds a turn worth of lasers at Guardsmen, Nurglings, trees, pidgeons, Roberto Girlymans box of Cheeros left out from breakfast, his cat... well, not the cat. Cats are cool.

It'll be cheesier than Malcolm the cheese-making dairy farmer, after winning a cheese maker of the year award, having been made professor of cheese at Oxford, and special ambassador of cheese at the UN. While eating cheese on toast.

I didn’t get a chance to watch the stream, so correct me when I’m wrong. It seems to me that this “Knight Lance” is a sort of pseudo-formation from editions past, like the Baronial or Exalted Courts. My theory is SHD are unchanged, but Knights in the detachment won’t be able to add the Character keyword. The keyword can only be accessed through this Knight Lance “formation”, basically replicating the Baronial Court with the Baron spearheading the assault his two best warriors

Hey! Good call! You could be right. That would make a certain amount of sense...

Sorry, the codex has leaked through previews now, so we have confirmation - sadly.

News on the Preceptor - same shooting weapon as the special character, but with an added ability. Reroll failed to hit rolls of 1 for friendly armigers within 6'.

Think I'm going to protest this via rules abuse.

We'll take that terrain piece, park Porphy the Wonder Knight in it, spam 72 wounds a turn worth of lasers at Guardsmen, Nurglings, trees, pidgeons, Roberto Girlymans box of Cheeros left out from breakfast, his cat... well, not the cat. Cats are cool.

It'll be cheesier than Malcolm the cheese-making dairy farmer, after winning a cheese maker of the year award, having been made professor of cheese at Oxford, and special ambassador of cheese at the UN. While eating cheese on toast.

Also give him 4++ trait (with 3++ possible via strategem) and  after that use that:

Strat: At the start of the shooting phase, pick a house Raven model, that model can reroll ALL dice rolls in that phase. Hit rolls, wound rolls, number of shots etc.

Really gw? REALLY?

“Unlike other Lords of War, you’ll be able to fit up to three Armigers in a single slot, making filling out a Super-heavy Detachment – and netting three Command Points – easy!”

...do GW just write rules whilst drinking. Don’t understand how they can flip flop on armigers. What changed within a couple of weeks? Can someone smarter then me explain this? I’m really lost

Archived