Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

Wow Just Wow!,

a few things iv'e gleaned from this thread...

1. You really like Bread and Butter :biggrin.:

2. Your force can really hide well among'st an army of coke cans :laugh.:

3. That candy red is awesome and i'm just imagining it on a whole Skitarii force i.e Dunecrawlers and the like!...:wub:   

Question - Could this technique be replicated with a brush (i know not to that level)...??

Cheers,Mithril

@mithril forge

1. Lol - my lass doesn't like spread from the fridge, so it sits on the table.

2. It can, I do drink too much coke, since I'm one of those tea total types - the cans in question are actually the ones I use for cleaning out the airbrush though, lol.

3. It probably would work on them, no problems. You mainly see it used on HH minis, forgeworld love it for example especially on their thousand Sons, but the same technique is used on the greater brass scorpion for example.

You can do it with a brush, a few mates have done it, but used the soulstone paints instead.

You can also use golds as the base before the colour over the top, which gives a warmer appearance

Thanks man for a speedy response :biggrin.:

I too partake of the red and Silver Diet Beverage a wee bit more than i should :happy.: and butter always spreads better when it's not a solid block of ice !! 

Did not think to use the soulstone paints ...thanks for the tip :wink:  i may try it out on a skitarii vanguard just for fun ...

hey, good luck at the tourney this weekend!

Cheers,Mithril  

The lead Armiger really came out well.  I also like the "shine" on their carapaces; it provides a brilliant contrast to the muted grey on the big Knights!

Well two games completed.

Played a Tyranids list first game, decimated the horde and tabled the chap.

Game two, got tabled by a competative dark angel list that was grim.

The knights however, got pinched by someone from the GW community team for photographs, which is nice

So day ones report, as above, won a massive victory in game one when the knights chewed through a bid army with 2 tyrants, shove one, tyrannies, 2 big units of stealers, 6 zoanathropes, neurothrope, 29 giants and some hive guard.

Don't know how but I wiped it all, losing just

6lSaq2o.jpg

4fueDsS.jpg

mZMWYmQ.jpg

S1fbdUV.jpg

Second round vs a competative dark angel list, where all my luck deserted me and didn't kill a single unit and he killed more of his own troops with overcharged plasma than I did. Ho hum. No photos unfortunately.

Round 3, another massive victory vs the cursed iron warriors with a greater brass scorpion! Also a maulerfiend, decimated, dread, chaos lord and earpsmith, 2x 10 man squads, think and 3 obliterators.

His brass scorpion tried to charger two Armigers, failed but two 2 thermal spear hits for 7 damage. They and the Styrix warlord moved up, did another 7 damage from thermal spear and then charged.

The Styrix took the brunt and some overwatch fire but nothing to trouble it. It fluffed it's lowercase for no damage, but then the Armigers made up for it and tired the scorpion apart with chain cleaners for 12 damage.

I lost the Styrix and an Armiger, but went on to wipe out the force.

fyqn3qk.jpg

JDX4Wx1.jpg

And the force that's done me proud

ITr0Ly4.jpg

Really happy, Armigers are so hit and miss, and still feel over pointed by a good 70/80 points really.

Two more games tomorrow, let's see how it goes!

Edited by hermanista

Good stuff Hermanista! Sounds like you had fun, which is really alpha and omega when it comes to wargaming. Your list did better than I thought it would, but then again I've never checked how PL actually balances out. I'm a bit frustrated that I don't get to use my armigers until the end of the month but my gut feeling is that they should be 185 points with the optional melta included. Their damage is just so random and I don't know what their preferred targets are, like t7 vehicles without and invulnerable save and without fly I guess (t6 might be even better because of the s12 close combat attacks) but those are not all that common, at least in my meta.

Game 4,

Played another dark angel list, this time with a falchion... the titan's doom...

And wiped the force out...

Armigers add a falchion to their kill list, after the Styrix survived 3 turns of shooting from the falchions main cannon on 1 wound left...

Egads...

3 wins and a loss going into the last round at 2pm.

These Armigers are making a name for themselves, lol

This is so great to read. I’m stoked you were able to bring them to the table before the tournament and that they’re making some waves. I bet not a few people are talking about them! Great to hear the GW team likes them as well. Wonder if Nick Bayton called attention to them.

Last game vs a sister army that was perfect for dismantling mine, just a terrible match up. Great opponent though with a lovely army - he used to be manager of warhammer world itself.

So 5 games, going 3-2, with 2 favourite game awards and 3 best army awards.

Didn't get a best painted nomination but that was never going to happen, I did get my stuff photographed though so it may appear in print at some point.

And I finished 19/90, which I can totally live with.

Next steps is to get more done, more detailing on the army and await the codex.

Definitely more things to think about, but I've stopped for food on the 3 hour journey home so those thoughts can come later.

I am a happy man, and now get to go home and see the lass and the baby boy.

Chris

Congrats on doing as well as you did, and having a good time!

thanks for the updates throughout the weekend... painting models before and during a tourney..hahaha that takes me back :biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

I love the Styrix, it's probably my favourite.

The main reason being the rad cleanser when you take the claw.

The volkite is cool too, but with no way to bump the 6+ wound means an extra hit, it'll hopefully get better with the new codex via strategem

The Maegera I think instead, mainly because it's so expensive. Which is a pity because it looks awesome, needs a faq to make it viable.

The thing with all knights is they are too expensive for what they are. Compare a knight to a baneblade for example and they're kinda rubbish.

Hoping for a 60-100 point drop on the main knights and 60-80 point drop on Armigers when the codex hits. Otherwise they'll remain a fun list that shocks/surprises people rather than being a real competative list.

Seems fair - I suppose taking the claw for the Rad-Cleanser is good as you'll probably be using the feet for most of your combat attacks anyway!

Didn't realize the Volkite was 5 shots, that's pretty nice with D6 damage and potential for more hits.

Lightning Cannon probably needs double the shots to be any good, though could do work against things like Primaris/ Ork Nobz I suppose?